What's Your Ideal Physique?

Is it possible for a 5’8" guy to be a D? I’m so damn pissed im short. If I could be 5’11", id be happy. I dont even want to break 6 feet, but 5’11" would defidently be a benefit. I wonder if there is a supplement that stimulates that gland in your brain (petuitary?) that makes you grow. Im still 19, and I figure I got 2 more years till I stop growing… Then Id be an F…

Yea… F sounds fantastic…

and that 6 foot 6 guy, where the hell do you come from? Is your whole family around that height, or were you only blessed with that gene?

Z

Z for Frank Zane that is. And I think I can actually achieve it too! But it’s gonna take time…

Christian Thibaudeau body is whicked hes not too big and hes not small either hes cut and muscular alsome that the kind of body I want for the near future

[quote]Quadethefinest wrote:
Christian Thibaudeau body is whicked hes not too big and hes not small either hes cut and muscular alsome that the kind of body I want for the near future[/quote]

he’s not that big…

to quote Jackass.

‘You guys are all weak…’

j/k :slight_smile:

my choice is E.

If you can’t squat 3 times body weight, nothing else matters.

i would go with e i think. and goldberg isnt that massive looking besides his traps.

I would have to say Frank Zane, Steve Reeves and Brad Cordoza, T-Nation’s resident strongman, would be great choices.

D or E

Im a little confused by the guys who say Goldberg is not that big. You realize hes 6-3 or 6-4 and probably in the neighborhood of 300lbs. Not much fat on him either. I know some guys that used to train with him(he co-owned a mixed martial arts gym), and he is an animal. Perfect physique in my opinion and he still has that functional, explosive strength we all respect.

B for me. If this is what a boxer looks like.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
Is it possible for a 5’8" guy to be a D? I’m so damn pissed im short.[/quote]

That is not short. That is inhumanly tall. It’s just that we’ve slipped inadvertantly into a dimension wherein everyone seems to be 5’9" and over.

To answer the question, B.

Just for sake of argument, I really object to the characterization of Olympic lifters as big and strong without being lean. While many of the heavier lifters do fit that description, Oly lifters like Dimas, Kolecki, Huster to name a few all are extremely strong but all possess physiques that any athlete would be happy to have. Check out the June 2002 cover of MILO, for a guy thats not a “body builder” Dimas has some incredible definition, in addition to strength. Sorry to rant but all too frequently the public at large and lifters that should know better seem to equate all Olympic lifters as big fat tubs o’ crap that lack definition. Maybe that helps to explain some of the lack of interest in the olympic lifts.

Between A and B.

Nobody looks better in expensive clothes than a slim guy. Throw a little B in there and nobody looks better than me in clothes, and I look pretty damn good nekid too!

yea most of the O lifters I know look like they were shredded by a cheese grater they’re so ripped.

C through F are all appealing. At my short height (5-7) though, C is probably the best option, with some E for lifestyle skills.

Had I started 20 years earlier (I was never an athlete, and didn’t hit the weights until my late 30s), I like to think I’d be able to shoot for C.
As it is, I’m near to B, and would be happy to achieve that–with the understanding that I’m always trying to add more LBM as if C were the goal.

I respect your goal, but you have to realize how much you bench has nothing to do with your KO power. Most of the force comes from hips and core. Also, you don’t have to be big to hit hard. Many KO artists in MMA or even boxing are not thick, muscular guys.

" Then when I hit someone in the jaw or temple,the bone in their skull just disintegrates!Right now it only shatters. "

oh boy - what a loaded question… well I guess what ever keeps me happy, healthy, the gf still begging for more…
Or whatever I’ll look like when I’m faster (10.6 - I feel you sooo close, yet so far.)

[quote]6foot6 wrote:
Dolph Lundgren…he is my height and if I could have his size I would be satisfied.[/quote]

Dolph is the fucking man.

I’m not really sure about this. I realize I should know my goals, but they have been shifting as I reach them. At first I just wanted to lose weight and be lean, then I did that and was happy for awhile but I definatly wanted more size. Now that I am 20lbs heavier, I want even more. So I guess its D.

I would choose “C,” but I have immense respect for “D” and “E” as well.