What's your idea of Strong

[quote]whatever2k wrote:
2xbw bench
2.5bw squat
3xbw deadlift
1.5xbw MP
20 strict deadhang pullups(brief pause at the bottom and chest to the bar)

Guys who can do this are definetely strong as shit.

Now if we are talking complete badass status I would also add in

Being able to run a 3k in less than 10 minutes
Sprint a 100m in less than 11 secs
Standing long jump of 3m or more

I realize that some of these dont go well together though.
[/quote]

Holy fuck. Under 11 100. That’s flying. You don’t run into many if any that can do that and achieve a fast distance run. You have to be pretty fast twitch dominant. Solid lifts.

800lb deadlift.

Other lifts don’t matter.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
That line keeps moving for me (and probably for tons of you guys). I used to think a 400 deadlift and a 300 bench were strong. Now I think a 600 deadlift and a 400 bench are strong. Once I get those I’ll probably think you have to have a 700 deadlift and a 450 bench to be strong. Basically strong always seems like heavier weights than I can do, so I guess I’ll never be strong by my own metric. Kinda depressing when I think of it that way…[/quote]

Most people who train can’t bench 400 to 450 or deadlift 600 to 700 and never will. A natural who benches 400 and deadlifts 600 is VERY strong![/quote]

I can ;-)[/quote]
You son of a bitch…

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
800lb deadlift.

Other lifts don’t matter.[/quote]
Ha! nice

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
800lb deadlift.

Other lifts don’t matter.[/quote]

I like this guy. That’s actually my life goal.

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]combatreadyss wrote:
What do you guys consider “Strong”? This is really open ended, it could be you think 100 push-ups is strong or 800lb squat. It could even mean able to stand and jump onto a 54" platform with a weight vest.

What do you consider will be the point at which you finally say “Hey I am Strong”?[/quote]

1.5 x bodyweight bench press
2 x bodyweight squat
2.5 x bodyweight deadlift[/quote]
Are these 1RM?

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

What do you guys consider “Strong”? This is really open ended, it could be you think 100 push-ups is strong or 800lb squat. It could even mean able to stand and jump onto a 54" platform with a weight vest.

What do you consider will be the point at which you finally say “Hey I am Strong”?[/quote]

2 x bodyweight squat
Dang I am still weak then!! LOL
For me that is a 525 bench, 700 squat and a 875 dead lift… Yea I’d be one strong SOB if I did that!!

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
That line keeps moving for me (and probably for tons of you guys). I used to think a 400 deadlift and a 300 bench were strong. Now I think a 600 deadlift and a 400 bench are strong. Once I get those I’ll probably think you have to have a 700 deadlift and a 450 bench to be strong. Basically strong always seems like heavier weights than I can do, so I guess I’ll never be strong by my own metric. Kinda depressing when I think of it that way…[/quote]

Most people who train can’t bench 400 to 450 or deadlift 600 to 700 and never will. A natural who benches 400 and deadlifts 600 is VERY strong![/quote]

I can ;-)[/quote]
You son of a bitch…[/quote]
While I agree, I did 365 in high school… although I can’t do that anymore LOL

For me one of my goals is to be able to rep 225 on the bench 25+ times…

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:
For me one of my goals is to be able to rep 225 on the bench 25+ times…[/quote]

Lot of pro football players at the combine over the years haven’t even done that.

[quote]MWP wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

Lot of pro football players at the combine over the years haven’t even done that.
[/quote]
true, I am at about 14 right now… I work with 225 for my sets of 10 right now… I play ball with a guy that did 43 reps about a month ago… that is strong!!

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]MWP wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[/quote]
true, I am at about 14 right now… I work with 225 for my sets of 10 right now… I play ball with a guy that did 43 reps about a month ago… that is strong!![/quote]

43 is insane.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]MWP wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[/quote]
true, I am at about 14 right now… I work with 225 for my sets of 10 right now… I play ball with a guy that did 43 reps about a month ago… that is strong!![/quote]

43 is insane.[/quote]

I used to occasionally train with a guy who was a monster. Seriously huge. His bench workout was 3 sets of 20 with a minute rest in between sets… with three plates!

Guy was cool. I swear all he ever did was that bench workout and pulldowns.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[quote]MWP wrote:

[quote]krummdiddy wrote:

[/quote]

43 is insane.[/quote]

I used to occasionally train with a guy who was a monster. Seriously huge. His bench workout was 3 sets of 20 with a minute rest in between sets… with three plates!

Guy was cool. I swear all he ever did was that bench workout and pulldowns.[/quote]
damn that is some serious power!! A guy at my gym squatted 515 pounds, but the impressive part is he did it on his 60th B’day!!

Strict BW curl

I think double your body weight in any lift is strong, and I mean attainable strong, even by whiney natural lifters,
csulli wrote:
That line keeps moving for me (and probably for tons of you guys). I used to think a 400 deadlift and a 300 bench were strong. Now I think a 600 deadlift and a 400 bench are strong. Once I get those I’ll probably think you have to have a 700 deadlift and a 450 bench to be strong. Basically strong always seems like heavier weights than I can do, so I guess I’ll never be strong by my own metric. Kinda depressing when I think of it that way…

I think as you get stronger the line will always move up, thats the nature of what we do, I’ve sat on my squat and dead, the last couple years, trying to get that double body weight bench, it eludes me still, I’ll have to reach it by diet now me thinks, i have a 18yr kid in my gym right now, 155lbs, year and a half training, and 1100lb raw total, I think that stupid strong( young dicks) so I guess it’s all relative

Dr Ken taught us thet crazy strong, isn’t always crazy big

Anything that I can’t do is strong

[quote]shffl wrote:
Anything that I can’t do is strong[/quote]
I thought that too, but I don’t think 1 pull up is strong… even though I can’t do one LOL

[quote]MWP wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

2 x bodyweight squat

Pretty spot on. The next level is freak but that’s another thread. [/quote]

basically just all of the above for 6-10 reps