What's your flavor.....?

Some of us eat chicken and some of us eat beef, some of us eat tuna and some of us are tired of eating the same old shit.
So what’s your favirote post-workout meal, on the days you don’t have a shake?
I’m just curious as to what everybody else is eatin cuz I need some new material here.
Everybody - yes this means you! If your reading this post just inlighten the rest of us on your fav food, cuz we’re hungry.
Tyke.

Ummm,
I dont know what you mean when you say, “whats you favorite post workout meal on the days you dont have a shake.”??? The only days I DO have a shake are when I train, which is about 5-6 times per week. Regardless, following my post-workout drink, I wait an hour and I have 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop of whey with some blueberries and a banana with some cottage cheese mixed with a little bit of lemon chiffon yogurt, and a tuna fish sandwich (1 slice of whole wheat bread with albacore tuna with honey mustard and 1 slice of fat free cheese). Then I wait another 2 hours and I eat 1 cup of Fiber One cereal witha scoop of whey along with 1 cup of fresh veggies an apple or orange and 4-6 ounces of ground turkey. After that…its back to P+F meals.

when I’m not low carbing…
Oatmeal made with milk and protein powder and peanut butter. Mmmm…:slight_smile:

My latest post-Surge meal: a mix of Frosted Cheerios and GrainShop cereal (from Trader Joe’s, basically just a high fiber cereal with minimal sketchy ingredients). Instead of milk, I soak this mixture in (premixed) Classic Grow. EXTREMELY tasty.

I’m staying low carb right now. Here’s two of my favorite meals lately.

One is pan seared tuna steak (rare) and stir-fried bok choy. Drizzle on a little dark sesame oil and soy sauce… yum.

The other is chicken and cucumber salad. Just cube up some cucumber and cold chicken breast (other veggies can be added too, obviously). Here’s the dressing I make (measurements are approximate, I usually eyeball it):

1tbsp dark sesame oil
1/2tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/2tbsp lime juice
1/2tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

By the way, Tobasco makes soy sauce now and it’s great! I go through this stuff like crazy.

What do you mean no shake? I gotta have my Surge.

Yeah, I’m not sure what you mean by “no shake” either. You should have Surge after every workout, bulking, cutting, whatever. Not including it is just silly.

If what you mean is that you normally have a regular protein shake after your Surge (like an hour later), I’d have to say that this isn’t the best way to go either. The post-Surge meal should be whole foods. And here, given all the very good information about re-feeds and such that’s come to light in the past few months, your food choices should be some sort of non-fat protein (like chicken breasts or tuna) and some form of high-GI carb (pasta, baked potato, etc.).

Yes, this is acceptable even if you’re going low-carb.

Hope this clarifies things for you a bit…

I drink shakes everyday, I’m just a pussy that can’t eat enough so I typically throw a shake or 3 down. But one of my favorite meals is 1 or 2 chicken breasts soaked in a mix of Soy and water with fresh Ginger grated over it. I also throw in some Onion Powder for taste. a little olive oil in a saucepan or wok. throw in chicken, chop up some asparagus and throw in some chopped up mushrooms, wait till chicken is just about cooked then throw in asparagus and shrooms. Add a little water if there is no sauce. Serve over a bed of brown rice and your set. It ain’t very good if your watching your carbs or sodium but it’s quick and easy.

Baked beans and rice baby. + Vitamin C

All the proteins you need, tasty and very affordable.