T Nation

What's Your Favorite Strength Program?

I have been doing 5/3/1 for a long time and it’s been great but i’m considering switching programs mainly for variety’s sake, but also because it has been relatively ineffective for my bench. What are some of your favorite strength oriented programs and why?

Sheiko. it’s tough as all Hell and it provides a certain variation missing in 5/3/1.

You should work on making something tailored to your own needs. If 5/3/1 is working for your lower body, but not really your bench or press, then why not keep it going for lower body and experiment with other things for upped body? Westside speed work and max effort shit works for a lot of people (didn’t work great for me at this point in my lifting), but you could try that. Or, check out Chaos and Pain, I’ve incorperated that style of benching into my program and I feel like it works really well.

the bulgarian method

The one that scores.

5/3/1 (or 3/5/1 variation)
I’ve been doing it since late 2009 only deviating where necessary (injuries etc)

[quote]TigerTime wrote:
Sheiko. it’s tough as all Hell and it provides a certain variation missing in 5/3/1.[/quote]

I recognize you, well the meet at any rate.

Doing the basics 2x a week on a 3x5 scheme or a 5x3 scheme.

Perhaps once a week for deadlift.