What's Your Favorite Protein?

Favorite protein sources:

1. Venison
  2. Chicken
  3. Shrimp and Scallops
  4. Tuna sashimi (ahi, yellow tail, etc…)
  5. Grass Fed beef
  6. And I am a sucker for good ham.
2 Likes

tuna

nonfat cottage cheese

2 Likes

A couple racks of bbq baby back ribs or a nice christmas ham

1 Like

I don’t have a “favorite protein”, I’m a carb man in my heart.

I tend to rotate one source a week for dinner (one week is beef, one week is chicken/salmon), cooking in bulk is easier sticking with the same source for a week.

Greek yogurt for breakfast, tuna or a whey shake for lunch.

1 Like

Great points. Anything I’m able to buy from the farm legitimately tastes better and I feel better about it. I just got a half hog and I’m on the list for a quarter of beef. So it’s kind of the same old, but it’s not.

1 Like

I’ve always done the Greek yogurt and protein powder, but definitely trying this combo.

As for the thread, eggs. I freakin’ love 'em.

2 Likes

Love grilling up some onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms with some lean ground beef and seasoning the hell out of it plus some sugar-free BBQ sauce. Kind of a staple for me at this point!

2 Likes

Bison Burger Patties. Taste great and digestion pretty quick for me, also I just like burgers.

Next would probably be Lamb, Gyros are awesome. Then ribs.

Red Robin makes some great ribs btw

4 Likes

That’s kind of a surprise. I’ve literally never thought of ordering anything but an underwhelming burger from Red Robin

1 Like

So true. I no longer live in the same city, but I miss stopping by my favorite gyro spot after hockey. He spoke mostly Greek, but we had an understanding that it was always going to be two gyros with everything on 'em.

5 Likes

Liver and other organ meats. I eat them rarely in the winter, when my wife isn’t home, because she thinks they’re gross and dislikes their smell. In the summer I cook then outside. When I was single I’d eat them several times per week.

They’re very cheap, which is a plus for some.

2 Likes

offal is amazing!

It’s a shame there’s not as much availability in much of the US

2 Likes

I like liver and onions, but the after burps get me every time

1 Like

Easy recipe that popped up on my YT feed this week. This guy has a great channel.

2 Likes

Omg, chicken hearts are my second favourite yakitori

2 Likes

Necroing a thread, but I think its a good one and I can’t seem to fall asleep, so screw it.

Duck eggs, venison, any slow-cooked pork, liver mousse, good shortribs, tilapia, corned beef, mussles and crabs.

Los tacos de lengua de res son mis favoritos.

But I just eat a lot of chicken, tuna, and steak.