What's Your Favorite Protein?

Since everyone has a different taste in food I want to start a thread asking, what is your favorite protein that isn’t the typical chicken, steak, eggs ?

My palate is always changing, recently I find myself indulging in lengua cow tongue, 3-ounce 240 cal / 16g Protein / 19g fat. good in tacos
Cow tendon 100g / 150 cal / 0.5g fat / 36.7g Protein. Good in soups

This thread is just for fun !

1 Like

Salmon!

We also make turkey meatballs that are good.

I used to be able to find ground chicken burgers that were awesome, but I can’t find them anymore.

3 Likes

I eat a lot of chicken (breast and ground) but leaving that out, I like:

cod
nonfat greek yogurt
liquid egg whites

And +1 for salmon. I don’t eat enough of that.

2 Likes

Bison. I feel stronger simply from eating it. Feels like a connection to my forefathers as well.

5 Likes

Cottage Cheese, Tuna (Steak or Canned), Mackerel, Bone-In Ribeye (Or course), and Bacon Wrapped Turkey Breasts for grilling.

2 Likes

Bison is one of my staples ! A few times a year Costco has it on sale for 7.99 / pound

1 Like

Something that doesn’t meet the staple protein options outlined but I love is lamb, but the Mrs won’t eat it so it’s generally an eat out option for me.

Otherwise, I could get through Skyr by the tub, even more so with a good quality honey. Used to love cottage cheese, but I’ve massively gone off that these days which is a shame, because the pound for protein ratio is great value…

1 Like

Greek yoghurt. I spend $20/month on lactase pills to be able to consume it by the pound

Also a huge fan of barramundi and chicken

Smoked salmon is also a guilty pleasure of mine. Too pricey to eat as much as I’d like though

3 Likes

Whereabouts do you live (just region, don’t sell yourself out online)? I don’t know that I’ve ever seen bison at Costco, but now I want to keep an eye out.

1 Like

My favorite is whatever I feel will sit nicest on my gut at that time.

For real though, I don’t think I have a favorite. My protein needs to be rotated fairly regularly or I just get bored. Chicken and Beef seem to always have the most staying power that I could have most nights, but whilst I really like Lamb or Pork, having them more than once a week isn’t great.

1 Like

That’s the only place I know to buy it. Brian Shwa buys it a lot in his Costco shopping videos

2 Likes

Favorite protein meal: probably a meat/egg scramble. Meat can be chicken, beef, or turkey. I just crack the eggs on top of the meat in a skillet, and stir it around until it’s cooked through.

Favorite protein dessert: Plain greek yogurt, scoop of vanilla whey, honey, and raw cacao nibs.

4 Likes

Skyr.
Steak.
Eggs.

1 Like

It’s likely I just need to pay better attention! I’m legit excited now

1 Like

They make the BEST tacos. Also: sloppy joes…or maid rites, depending on on how midwest you are.

2 Likes

I’m in the sloppy Joe and pop region

3 Likes

I like to hunt when I can, so when I can get it, I really enjoy squirrel. Rabbit and venison are also really good. I enjoy game meat more than most other foods probably because of the rarity and the “special-ness”. I also have to admit that I enjoy food I catch or hunt more than food I buy. Effort justification I guess.

3 Likes

Venison, when prepared and cooked properly, is delightful…

3 Likes

Los Angeles, most super markets carry it, I’ve found it at Walmart believe it or not.

1 Like

Bison’s ALWAYS a great alternative to ground beef, I definitely prefer it.

I highly recommend Al Pastor tacos to anyone who visits Texas/Mexico (or any other appropriate region). It’s basically pork grilled/marinated on a spit, and shaved off for use in tacos/quesadillas. A really good Al Pastor taco will ruin all other tacos for you. I don’t know how prevalent Al Pastor is north of Texas, but I have to assume it’s not done right elsewhere.

4 Likes