T Nation

What's your favorite planet?

…Mine’s the Sun…it’s like the king of planets!

The sun isn’t a planet it’s a star.

Uranus is my favorite planet! HA!

Why uranus of course.

The sun is a star not a planet.

“Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs? I know I would, heck, I’d have seconds and then wash it down with a cool Budweiser.”

You are right, Teela, the sun is like the king of planets.

I’ve always wondered why Pluto got a planet named after him, but not Goofy. I think we all can agree that Goofy has contributed much more to society than Pluto ever has.

Wait, I’ve got a question? Is the sun a star or a planet? I’ve always found Uranus to be a little hot and smelly though.

Well all I know is, when that thing burns out we’re all dead!

LMAO!!! I see we have some Will Ferrell fans! Too funny!

For me, it has to be the planet that the Ewoks come from…

I love them little bastards, love’em to death.

We’ll all be long dead before it burns out. And actually the sun will go through a period before it burns out that will cause it to lose pressure and expand, It will get so big that it will devour the first six planets or so, including Earth. So even earth will cease to exist before the sun dies out. Were talking like 10 billion more years so don’t go blowing yer life saving just yet. :wink:

Mankind will not remain on Earth forever, but in its quest for light and space will at first timidly penetrate beyond the confines of the atmosphere, and later will conquer for itself all the space near the Sun. - Konstantin E. Tsiolkovsky

That super volcano under Yosemite is going to blow and kill us all long before the sun burns out.

Will Farrell is awesome!

yur anus

I have to concur with Teela, when that thing burns out WERE ALL DEAD!

The Earth, natch.

Venus - 'cause that were all the hot chicks come from, right? I mean thats what I’ve heard anyway.

The Sun appears to have been active for 4.6 billion years and has enough fuel to go on for another five billion years or so. At the end of its life, the Sun will start to fuse helium into heavier elements and begin to swell up, ultimately growing so large that it will swallow the Earth.

I’m pretty sure I won’t be around for five billion years. So who the hell cares if we’re fucked, we’re fucked way before that.

Call me crazy, but I kind of like Earth myself. The only planet in our solar system that supports human life. C’mon, where else could you lift and be a T-man/vixen?

BTW, New Namek is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

Alpha Centurion Promethius 5…yeah…what now bitches??