What's Your Favorite Lifting Day?

Back/bicep day for sure.

I was always terrible at deadlift, and while still not great I’ve seen awesome improvement, and lesser back pain from the strength gains, pulling excersises have always been fun in general, and biceps are always a nice treat after a heavy back day.

Probably my “Deadlift day” at the moment.

Hitting up Power Snatches, then Deadlifts, and then Squats. Hitting 3 of my favorite lifts on the same day. I look forward to it every week.

I donno about day, but I am really digging BB rows right now.

2 Likes

Every training day sucks equally. Yes.

3 Likes

Definitely back day, I can row and pull and row and pull till the cows come home. On the other hand, 4 sets of Bench Presses are enough to exhaust me quickly…

1 Like

Pecs Day!

But as far as days of the week, Friday, Saturday or Sunday evenings . .because the place is empty and I can do whatever I want without waiting or need to modify my routine . . . in order to get the right equipment/machines.

My favorite lifting day was my Fridays on phase 3 of the 2nd edition 5/3/1 full body program that I ran for 9 cycles.

Squat up to a heavy single, Deadlift 5/3/1 and Press 5/3/1. I always left feeling like a beast and slept like a rock when I got home.

2 Likes

I’m the exact opposite, lol. Benching is as easy as hell for me, but just 4 or 5 sets of rows is all i can handle.

1 Like

Any day that doesn’t hurt.

Usually have 1-2 niggling injuries that I deal with most of the time.

tweet

3 Likes

Any day I do arms, medial delts or quads, not afraid to say its because I get wicked pump in all 3. I enjoy lifting generally but im a complete bro when it comes to the pump. Love rounding off a leg day with a few sets of 25 or 30 on the leg press or an upper body day with some rest pause press downs and curls. Pump 4eva ftw.

I second this. For some reason I get excited about pulling big weights (for me). Hitting 275+ on power cleans makes me believe that I might actually be powerful.

1 Like

Max out snatch and clean and jerk day.

1 Like

SKKKWWWAAATTTZZZZZZ!1!!!111!

I love the scary feeling of the bar on my back trying to crush me and then the anger against what the bar is trying to do to me.

1 Like

OHP day(s)…

1x3x145 lbs
1x3x155 lbs
1x1x170 lbs
1x1x170 lbs
1x1x170 lbs
2-3x6-8x135 lbs

and adding 5 lbs in the next week or two/three/four, from the above numbers…

1 Like

Easily “new equipment try-out day”

These don’t happen often, but when they do it’s Christmas morning all over again. I didn’t even change out of my business casual attire before checking out our new car deadlift.

3 Likes

That PR attempt day when the stars have aligned:

-You’re injury free
-nutrition on point
-recovery/sleep on point
-life events and mood/emotions on point
-confidence high

You can’t miss the lift. The perfect peak, and you know it.

The best day.

My other favorite day:
Slamming a large coffee and then going for a PR run when I’m recovered. Running fast is awesome.

The rare days you get confused about how well weights are moving.

Also, explosive EMOMs. Lots of sweat but still plenty of recovery to allow for good clean reps. Makes me feel like I could walk through walls.

4 Likes

I like the EMOMs too. It’s like you get so many benefits, and avoid so many potential issues, you must be cheating!

1 Like

deadlifts

Might have to do the T-Nation Deadlift challenge of 315 EMOM for 30 minutes now.

1 Like