T Nation

What's Your Current Motivation?

My source of motivation right now is the fact that my friend completely owned me at sprints.

What about you guys, what are your sources of motivation that keep you reaching for new goals?

Bettering myself, for myself.

i want traps that touch my ears

A couple of little asian brothers came in to the gym today and did squats with twice the weight I use.
the worst this was talking to one of them as he was saying that he felt week today. Little bastards, I need to bring my squat up!

I feel motivated by myself. I want to always lift heavier than I did previously. I also feel to “light” for my height. Im about 195 at 5’10", I need some more size.

I want to be envied by all i meet!

I want 3,4,5 by the time I’m 25. That gives me 3 years. I’m motivated because I want to be bigger and stronger than all my friends, have a better chance of kicking ass, and of course get hot women.

Been following natural BBing and had a few ‘names’ express disbelief that I wasn’t competing. Also, meeting Jim Cordova, and despite my being 30 lbs heaver, realizing what a ‘complete’ physiue he had. Now I’m all about quality, and bringing in a complete package.

S

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:
Bettering myself, for myself.[/quote]

same here. for a long time it was to impress other people, but as time goes by I keep doing this to see what I’m capable of when I put my mind to it.
of course it’s nice to impress people as well :smiley:

[quote]elano wrote:
I want 3,4,5 by the time I’m 25. That gives me 3 years. I’m motivated because I want to be bigger and stronger than all my friends, have a better chance of kicking ass, and of course get hot women.[/quote]

Plus you can show off your ‘sick new haircut brah’ at the gym.

to have my bod looking crisp in cse the shirt has to come off for a film role (seriously)

385 squat ASAP

[quote]elusive wrote:
I feel motivated by myself. I want to always lift heavier than I did previously. I also feel to “light” for my height. Im about 195 at 5’10", I need some more size.[/quote]

Because this guy feels small for his (my) height, and he’s still bigger than me.

one big motivation is that i’ll be 41 in january and i’m bigger, stronger, leaner and more dedicated than i ever was in my teens, 20’s or 30’s.

[quote]1morerep wrote:
one big motivation is that i’ll be 41 in january and i’m bigger, stronger, leaner and more dedicated than i ever was in my teens, 20’s or 30’s. [/quote]

Brand new motivation- your avatar.

to get chicks?

the three second place trophies staring me in the face…

my show on saturday…

DG

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
the three second place trophies staring me in the face…

my show on saturday…

DG[/quote]
Dude, good luck!

Squat 500 for reps. Man Stuff.

Another year ought to get me there.

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:
Bettering myself, for myself.[/quote]

Kaizen bro.