What's Your Bedtime Meal?

Apple and Cheese.

2 Scoops of ON 100% Whey Double Chocolate along with 24 oz of milk and 2 PB Sandwiches on whole wheat. Well over 100g of protein in there. Tastes wonderful too.

[quote]Digity wrote:
2 scoops of Metabolic Drive and 2 tbps of PB.[/quote]

Digity,

What are the benefits of PB late at night? Is it a slow release protein, if so 2 tbsp will yield how many grams of protein?

Sliced antelope steak, shredded cheese, EVOO, spinach.

[quote]mudpro69 wrote:
Digity wrote:
2 scoops of Metabolic Drive and 2 tbps of PB.

Digity,

What are the benefits of PB late at night? Is it a slow release protein, if so 2 tbsp will yield how many grams of protein?
[/quote]

It’s fat, so it slows down absorption. I don’t think peanuts have complete proteins in them.

jus a word of advive,try have your last high fat meal at dinner time or 2-3 hours before bed,if u have a high fat meal before bed you will b burning the fat u had in your meal instead of body fat,have a high protein low fat meal,Metabolic Drive and a serving of veg is a good meal to have,works wonders for me and u have a great sleep aswell

[quote]Digity wrote:
2 scoops of Metabolic Drive and 2 tbps of PB.[/quote]

You doing the V-Diet as well?

I usually have about 250 grams of 1% cottage cheese right before bed. I try to have a solid meal 60-90 minutes prior to such.

2 fried or scrambled eggs, and either diced chicken breast or lean pork sausage depending on caloric needs. Sprinkle with chili powder :slight_smile:

[quote]RODGE TKO wrote:
jus a word of advive,try have your last high fat meal at dinner time or 2-3 hours before bed,if u have a high fat meal before bed you will b burning the fat u had in your meal instead of body fat,have a high protein low fat meal,Metabolic Drive and a serving of veg is a good meal to have,works wonders for me and u have a great sleep aswell[/quote]

This isn’t true. Your pre bed meal should have a decent amount of healthy fats in it as well as some casein and fiber. Cutting fat out does not make you lose fat.

Your pre bed meal should be low carb, though.

I get half a cup of cottage cheese. It prevents me waking up hungry in the 1/4 of the night

[quote]SonnabenD wrote:
RODGE TKO wrote:
jus a word of advive,try have your last high fat meal at dinner time or 2-3 hours before bed,if u have a high fat meal before bed you will b burning the fat u had in your meal instead of body fat,have a high protein low fat meal,Metabolic Drive and a serving of veg is a good meal to have,works wonders for me and u have a great sleep aswell

This isn’t true. Your pre bed meal should have a decent amount of healthy fats in it as well as some casein and fiber. Cutting fat out does not make you lose fat.

Your pre bed meal should be low carb, though. [/quote]

I didnt say anything about cutting fat out,i eat about 100 grams of fat a day and have 2 flame out jus before bed but my body doesnt have to digest te fat in Flameout,i am on a high fat diet but dont take a fat meal before bed,i must b wrong if i only have 4% body fat

Usually eggs. When I first started bodybuilding I used to have 2 cups cottage cheese with 4 tbps peanut butter. Had good muscle gains in that time period, but my goal is to stay a little bit leaner these days.