T Nation

What's Yer Oddity?

Everyone’s got 'em…some habit they somehow developed that they’re not quite sure how, but are a slave to it…what’s your weird thing? Are ya double jointed? Do you have to take your milk from the back of the shelf in the grocery store? Do you insist on saying ‘peoples’ instead of people?

Lemme start:

When I’m hittin’ the washroom to do a ‘big job’, I must remove my shirt. I don’t know why this is. But I must be shirtless when on the john.

Anddddddd go!

I don’t really notice hot / cold temperatures unless they’re very extreme. I’m perfectly comfortable running the heat at ~55 degrees in the winter and not turning the AC on until it passes ~105 in the summer. Drives everyone nuts.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
When I’m hittin’ the washroom to do a ‘big job’, I must remove my shirt. I don’t know why this is. But I must be shirtless when on the john.[/quote]

Hey everyone! George Costanza posts here! lol

Mine is Chapstick. I need to have it everywhere I go. I have one in every jacket and coat. I put it on before I go out even if I don’t need it at the moment. My son has “picked up” this habit.

Is that you Costanza?

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Everyone’s got 'em…some habit they somehow developed that they’re not quite sure how, but are a slave to it…what’s your weird thing? Are ya double jointed? Do you have to take your milk from the back of the shelf in the grocery store? Do you insist on saying ‘peoples’ instead of people?

Lemme start:

When I’m hittin’ the washroom to do a ‘big job’, I must remove my shirt. I don’t know why this is. But I must be shirtless when on the john.

Anddddddd go![/quote]

I take really, really, really long showers. I only spend about 1/5th of the time washing myself, the rest of the time staring out into nothingness, biting my nails.

When I’m in the bathroom, I have to check the shower behind the curtain to make sure there’s not a psycho maniac ready to stab me repeatedly in the chest.

On my plate, no food may touch the other food. The only exception is peas in mashed potatoes. NEVER corn. Corn must be in a separate dish.

Dirty, dirty corn.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I take really, really, really long showers. I only spend about 1/5th of the time washing myself, the rest of the time staring out into nothingness while masturbating frantically.[/quote]

Fixed that for ya.

I always kneel down on the ground when tying my shoes (unless I’m standing on mud or something). Leaning over and tying them makes me feel like I’m inviting a gay person to come over and stick it in.

[quote]medevac wrote:
When I’m in the bathroom, I have to check the shower behind the curtain to make sure there’s not a psycho maniac ready to stab me repeatedly in the chest.
[/quote]

I do this as well. I also check closets.

I have to sleep with the radio be either sportstalk or music

I use nail clippers to clip myself. Yes, that’s normal, but I clip other things than just nails. They include, but are not limited to callused skin, used q-tips, wires, thin pieces of metal, dog hair…

[quote]CJK wrote:
medevac wrote:
When I’m in the bathroom, I have to check the shower behind the curtain to make sure there’s not a psycho maniac ready to stab me repeatedly in the chest.

I do this as well. I also check closets. [/quote]

Oh shit, forgot about closets. Thanks for adding to my daily ritual.

What about gym weirdness? If I have a drink or if I’m writing things down, I have to place that stuff a good bit away from where I am actually working out. That’s because after a set I have to walk away from the equipment. I have no idea why. I also can’t sit on a bench or military press seat in between sets…I stand and walk around, then return, lie back, quick grip check, then GO.

I also change the weight immediately after a set, so that I can’t change it when I come back to some lesser amount. It’s like I’m stuck with that weight and therefore have to try.

[quote]CJK wrote:
medevac wrote:
When I’m in the bathroom, I have to check the shower behind the curtain to make sure there’s not a psycho maniac ready to stab me repeatedly in the chest.

I do this as well. I also check closets. [/quote]

I just keep it open now.

Sometimes I jump in bed from 9 feet away incase someone is hiding underneath and reaches out to grab me. Also for some reason I think there may be a severed head in the toilet so I keep the lid up. I told my daughter about this weird one. Now she checks the toilet for heads too.

I need to start reading different books.

I used to have to take my shirt off to crap. Not anymore though.

I never feel comfortable microwaving something in 30 second increments. Its always 3:02 or 1:17 or something like that.

[quote]medevac wrote:
What about gym weirdness? If I have a drink or if I’m writing things down, I have to place that stuff a good bit away from where I am actually working out. That’s because after a set I have to walk away from the equipment. I have no idea why. I also can’t sit on a bench or military press seat in between sets…I stand and walk around, then return, lie back, quick grip check, then GO.

I also change the weight immediately after a set, so that I can’t change it when I come back to some lesser amount. It’s like I’m stuck with that weight and therefore have to try.[/quote]

That’s not weird, that’s normal. Well, I hope it is because I do the same damn thing. I always get up and walk around in between sets. I feel like I lose focus if I just sit there. I don’t know.

I also add/remove weights immediately after a set. Why wait?

I also have to sleep with a fan on. It’s too quiet otherwise.

haha! I grab my milk from the back. The longest dates are back there. Hmmmmmm weird shit I do… I lock my car up with the remote even if I was not in my car.

I too shit with my shirt off, feels weird if I leave it on, lol. I also have to check my alarm clock a million times before I goto bed. I leave the pantry/cabinet doors open in the kitchen after opening them, which in turn drives my mother psychotic and wanting to stab my in the eye with an ice-pick. I still tie my shoes with the bunny ear method.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
haha! I grab my milk from the back. The longest dates are back there. Hmmmmmm weird shit I do… I lock my car up with the remote even if I was not in my car.[/quote]

I actually do the opposite and buy the milk with the closest expiration date, figuring I know I’m going to drink it fast so I’m doing someone else a favor.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

Sometimes I jump in bed from 9 feet away incase someone is hiding underneath and reaches out to grab me. [/quote]

I always jump down to check under for the same reason…but I justify it by doing a pushup so I’m just getting in a quick workout.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I take really, really, really long showers. I only spend about 1/5th of the time washing myself, the rest of the time staring out into nothingness, biting my nails.[/quote]

Yeah, it’s the only time in my day that my body doesn’t hurt from something stupid that I did to it. I like to enjoy it as long as possible. Like a sauna or jacuzzi only I have to stand instead of sit down.

Nice to see that there are other odd people like me. I used to have to sit on the john shirtless. Now it’s just a 50/50 chance. I grab the milk from the back of the shelf too–I made a fateful mistake one day that resulted in my consuming expired sour milk. Put me off milk for a long time. No more.