I do this usually b4 lifting to get my body physically ready
- sleeper stretch
- thoracic extension on foam roller
- IT band foam roll
- hip adductor foam roll
- myofacial release (using a tennis ball)
- rolling tennis ball on sole of foot (for the ankle)
- toe curls
- inversion/eversion holds for the ankle
- tibialis anterior dorsiflexor holds for the ankle
- scat push ups
- rollover into "V" sits
- fire hydrant circles
- mountain climbers
These seem to focus on the ankle, hips, and shoulders (ankles and shoulders are areas where I need improved health & the hips is such a huge joint that I put it in there)...I feel that it takes way too long to complete (~1 hr) and would want some criticism of my pre-hab/warm up...
This is something I have come up on my own by reading some articles here and there, but want something more concrete and something that has been proven to keep athletes/weekend warriors healthy/less injury prone for years and years.