Whats Wrong With My Diet

To make this quick cause I only got 5 min before I go to work.

I have been on this same diet for like 5 years, just a clean food diet nothing special and some protein (or alot of milk on bulking months)and a few supplements.

I wake up at 4pm … i work nights… so my breakfast isn’t really a breakfast.

I drink water/milk (2%) through out the day

Breakfast
Rice/chicken breast alittle sweet sour sauce
(flex seed oil, amino blast, milk thistle, black powder (for energy before work))

About 2 hours later
Met rex meal replacement bar maybe alittle milk 8oz

Lunch
banana/yogurt(99% fat free ones)2 cans of undrained tuna

2 hours later
another can of tuna(just cause im at work and its quick and ez)
alittle more milk

Then im off work and i train after work … so when i get home ill drink another glass of milk and have like 2 whole eggs before the Gym.

after the gym ill eat like a steak or chicken breast … take a shower and go to bed …

My question is … i have a good clean diet … WHY THE HELL cant I get this layer of fat from my abs

Im like 200lbs 5’10 and like 13 or 14% body fat
this is a quick type job so forgive my shitty gram and what not

Ditch the yogurt (unless it’s plain it’s loaded in sugar)ditch the met-rex bar (again loaded in sugar or sugar alcohols). Choose another whole food source ideally protein/veggie or a Metabolic Drive shake with some veggies

What’s your training look like? Doing any HITT? Doing comlexes/supersets?

After those changes, might want to take the milk out of the diet (but I would go with the above things first).

Read this and use his strategies.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1615551

Yeah thats a crazy transformation I read that a while back, I guess I’m just hardheaded and love dairy too much.

As for my training I really don’t stick to much of a program, I just stick too a few guidelines.
1ST work out 1 hour a day 5 days a week and 10 min of stretches.
2ND make sure in every work out I work some upper body/lower body.
3RD I always lift heavy no matter what

Thats about it to be honest, It works for strength but it is failing for trying to get ab’s.
Ill try to stop eating yogurt and Ill stop with the met rex bars, for starters.

I’m going to read that article again, anymore suggestions I would love to hear them.

[quote]Brick608 wrote:
To make this quick cause I only got 5 min before I go to work.

I have been on this same diet for like 5 years, just a clean food diet nothing special and some protein (or alot of milk on bulking months)and a few supplements.

I wake up at 4pm … i work nights… so my breakfast isn’t really a breakfast.

I drink water/milk (2%) through out the day

Breakfast
Rice/chicken breast alittle sweet sour sauce
(flex seed oil, amino blast, milk thistle, black powder (for energy before work))

About 2 hours later
Met rex meal replacement bar maybe alittle milk 8oz

Lunch
banana/yogurt(99% fat free ones)2 cans of undrained tuna

2 hours later
another can of tuna(just cause im at work and its quick and ez)
alittle more milk

Then im off work and i train after work … so when i get home ill drink another glass of milk and have like 2 whole eggs before the Gym.

after the gym ill eat like a steak or chicken breast … take a shower and go to bed …

My question is … i have a good clean diet … WHY THE HELL cant I get this layer of fat from my abs

Im like 200lbs 5’10 and like 13 or 14% body fat
this is a quick type job so forgive my shitty gram and what not [/quote]

You won’t see your abs until you get to low enough BF, so just take it from there. Get a callipers(doesn’t really matter what method as long as you are consistent), and measure your BF.
Then lower your daily calories by say 100kcal, or up your cardio slightly, maybe extra 10 mins running until the fat starts to come off.
Also put in place a proper weight program. It will keep you a lot more motivated when the dieting gets hard.

Maybe the OP should drop another 10-15 lbs of fat?

And to do that, he may have to change up his diet a little bit.

Simple, really.

[quote]Otep wrote:

Simple, really.[/quote]

Simple, but not easy!

I don’t know if you really hate vegetables or anything, but maybe you should try fitting some of those in and lowering or dropping your intake of milk and yogurt. Also, you could try eating a few other things then just cans of tuna. Cooking meat the night before in the oven and then packing it up cut up is pretty easy. If you want a few ideas for eating and some basic ideas for a diet, just check out some stuff by John Berardi.

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/diet_and_nutrition/tailormade_nutrition_part_i&cr=

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Ditch the yogurt (unless it’s plain it’s loaded in sugar)ditch the met-rex bar (again loaded in sugar or sugar alcohols). Choose another whole food source ideally protein/veggie or a Metabolic Drive shake with some veggies
[/quote]

+1

Your diet contains too many carbs and too little fat for your bodyfat percentage.

Be a man and go hardcore on your diet. Completely cut the milk, yogurt, Met-Rx bar, rice. Eat a banana only after the workout with a protein shake. You can eat some other fruits after the workout as well.

Add vegetables to all of the dishes with meat: broccoli, spinach, even mixed veggies. Use those frozen bags of veggies for convenience, just make sure veggies are the sole ingredient. Add a salad with olive oil/vinegar, or cook the meat with coconut oil or butter.

Eat full fat cheese and nuts for snacks. But buy an electronic scale and weigh the amounts, these are calorie dense.

The tuna in the can is fine, with some vegetables, but add some olive oil to it.

Watch the fat melt away.

Wow thanks a lot, the wife is going to the store tomm. I got a ton of different foods for her to pick up now. Going to do the veggies/nuts/cheeses for a while and ditch the yogurt and milk. Increase cardio by 15min a day and see what I am working with in about 3 weeks.