What's Worse Than Being a Vegan?

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
There is no “need”, especially intrinsic, for animal based proteins. If that were the case every vegetarian on the planet would be dead after a short while.[/quote]

“Intrinsic” was a bit too strong, although I do think we evolved on a diet that included plenty of animal-based protein, and I’d argue that without those animal-based proteins your nutrition is going to be suboptimal at best. But it’s after 4am so any lengthy discussion of this topic will have to wait till tomorrow.

[quote]
My girlfriend is a vegetarian for the mere reason that she can’t stand the idea of ending another “beings” life so that she can have dinner.[/quote]

Is she vegan, or lacto-ova vegetarian? See my previous post. You can consume all the dairy and eggs you want without taking anyone’s life.

[quote]
There are 2 people I can’t stand in the diet world… its self righteous vegans and closed-minded meat eaters. Respect the other side no matter what you are.[/quote]

Agreed. Hope you weren’t placing me in either of those groups.

[quote]Sepukku wrote:
The fact that these vegan creatures don’t eat other creatures, makes me want to eat them… The vegans… I want to eat them. Is that immoral?
[/quote]

something about this post, probably the tone, has had me laughing for the past few minutes. thanks man.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

My girlfriend is a vegetarian for the mere reason that she can’t stand the idea of ending another “beings” life so that she can have dinner. She has been living just fine for years now. And she has a smoooking body. She never mentions it to me that I eat meat, she simply does her thing and I do mine.

[/quote]

She can eat what ever she pleases. But I have some questions for her, that I’d like you to ask her: Why doesn’t she consider a plant a being?

What do vegetarians consider a being?

Why do vegetarians have no respect for plant life?

Is animal life more sacred than plant life? If so, please explain why.

And yes, these are serious questions and I would really like an answer.

The more you read about organic nutrition, the more you realize how bad meat is for you. You can do great on just veggies and nuts, vitamins, minerals and well of course, Grow!

You can make an good arguement that humans are DESINGNED to be vegetarian, because our intestines are very long, compared to carnivore animals who have relatively very short intestinal tracks to faster excrete their bodies from acidic, dead and decomposing meat.

When you think of what they do to these animals its hard to eat them with a clear consciense. They eat lots of corn, they eat their own kind, their own shit, steroids, GH, grass grown from poison soil, and then they’re scared shitless before they’re slaughtered so the adrenaline and fear content is high in their meat too. And then you eat that.

That having been said, there are so many ignorant “vegetarians” out there its comical. Like the ones who live on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

But, I’d have to conclude that an out-of-control, obese, know-it-all, excuse making, wheezing and sweating from tying their shoes fatty fat fat is worse than an ignorant vegan.

I love vegetarians! Leaves more meat for me.

I also tell people that machines will give them a great workout.

And how exactly do you measure fear content?

[quote]The Mage wrote:
etaco wrote:
If it were healthy, tasty and legal, I’d be eating human. I guess that shows how morally bankrupt I am.

Placenta recipes, eating your placenta [/quote]

Most mammals do eat the placenta after giving birth. It provides excellent nourishment for the lactating mother. I just ate a steak after birthing my babies.

Meat eaters are higher in the food chain. If it were up to me I’d slay the vegans and eat them.

[quote]lolfinkle wrote:
Meat eaters are higher in the food chain. If it were up to me I’d slay the vegans and eat them.[/quote]

'ey, lets team up together and eat them all! I hear they go great with a side of eagle(the endangered ones).

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
translation into “prof X” I think I’ll have two servings of Richard Simmons, then chase it with some children.[/quote]

Now that’s stupid, everyone knows there’s not enough of Richard Simmons to make two servings and he’s high in oestrogen. No way Prof X’s gonna eat that…but I can’t speak for the children though.

Eating vegetables is more terrible than eating animals. At least the animals have some chance to run away.
Oh, and Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian. He couldn’t tollerate the cruelty of killing innocent animals.

agree with t[quote]Kliplemet wrote:
what’s worse than veganism:

*the behavior that causes fat people as seen in the usa
*anorexia nervosa
*boulemia
*binge eating disorder
*body dysmorphic disorder
*Caloric Restriction

probably some other things as well…[/quote]

I hate boulemia too. Why can’t they throw their stupid little balls in private.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
I always hear people saying a vegan diet is unhealthy(not that I am one).But I’ve seen plenty unhealthy diets that include meat.I have nothing against someone who doesn’t like meat;I don’t feel the need to force my opinions down peoples throats either.I mean God damn,who cares if someone is a vegan.I could care less if they ate paper.Sure,vegans don’t eat enough protein and should mix theirs.Sure,I believe when people cut animal meat or protein out of their diets they start to look “soft” and “out of shape”,but I’m not gonna force it down anyones throats.I mean really.I think there are more important things when it comes to body building than someone not eating meat.[/quote]

Great post. I was vegan for awhile, and I’ve been more or less vegetarian for long periods of time. Right now I’m eating meat, and it’s great. My boyfriend has only recently started eating meat again (Waterbury made him do it! ;)… but I have to say, when we met he hadn’t touched meat in years, and damn if he didn’t still have one helluva fine physique.

I have my views, and I do my best to eat organic or at least free range animal products (though I can’t always afford it). But I know better than to bother trying to convert someone else to my way of thinking.

Though I do find particularly annoying the brand of vegan or vegetarian who preaches about their moral superiority, while forgetting that the dairy in the frozen yogurt they’re eating also came from cows that are fed all kinds of GH, antibiotics, and will be horribly slaughtered once they stop producing milk by the gallon.

[quote]jwillow wrote:
You can consume all the dairy and eggs you want without taking anyone’s life.

[/quote]

Actually, that’s a bit naive, in my opinion. The way chickens and dairy cows are treated is not always even remotely humane. Baby boy chicks are killed because they won’t produce eggs, and hens and dairy cows are all killed when they begin to lose their productivity. The slaughter process is the same, they’ve just lived longer lives in poor conditions and cages before it happens.

Most of my animal protein comes from dairy and eggs, and I always, always buy organic dairy and eggs - organic farms are usually (no guarantees tho), smaller and much more natural and humane in their treatment of their animals. If I could afford organic, grass-fed beef, you can bet I’d eat it a lot more frequently.

I think the fundamental, perceivable difference between animals and plants is that plants lack a CNS, brain, and sensual consciousness. Plants don’t have a nervous system, and are not conscious and aware, or at least not on a sentient level, of their suffering and impending doom (yes, animals at slaughterhouses know they’re going to die).

[quote]gojira wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

My girlfriend is a vegetarian for the mere reason that she can’t stand the idea of ending another “beings” life so that she can have dinner. She has been living just fine for years now. And she has a smoooking body. She never mentions it to me that I eat meat, she simply does her thing and I do mine.

She can eat what ever she pleases. But I have some questions for her, that I’d like you to ask her: Why doesn’t she consider a plant a being?

What do vegetarians consider a being?

Why do vegetarians have no respect for plant life?

Is animal life more sacred than plant life? If so, please explain why.

And yes, these are serious questions and I would really like an answer. [/quote]

[quote]Jinx Me wrote:
I think the fundamental, perceivable difference between animals and plants is that plants lack a CNS, brain, and sensual consciousness. Plants don’t have a nervous system, and are not conscious and aware, or at least not on a sentient level, of their suffering and impending doom (yes, animals at slaughterhouses know they’re going to die).

[/quote]

So well said, and unfortunately, very true. Right on.

I eat meat, but I don’t ignore the things I’m putting my money towards. I hope someday I find the strength to really commit to not patronizing that garbage. We vote with out dollar, not a ballot.

[quote]Jinx Me wrote:
[/quote]

Very intelligent answer. Smart and hot! Who is this AB-solutely delicious specimen? Come here often?

[quote]Jinx Me wrote:

Right now I’m eating meat, and it’s great. My boyfriend has only recently started eating meat again (Waterbury made him do it! ;)…

[/quote]

For the record it wasn’t Waterbury that made me do it. He just held my arms back while Berardi punched me in the stomach and poured fish oil down my shirt.

I thought the quote was, “If God hadn’t intended us to eat pussy, why did He make it look like a taco?”

[quote]kmanley wrote:
Jinx Me wrote:

Right now I’m eating meat, and it’s great. My boyfriend has only recently started eating meat again (Waterbury made him do it! ;)…

For the record it wasn’t Waterbury that made me do it. He just held my arms back while Berardi punched me in the stomach and poured fish oil down my shirt.
[/quote]

Ooops, my mistake - Berardi!

And I owe Berardi a debt of thanks. Not only can I now eat meat with my boy, but you’ve gotta love a man with a great body covered in oil… as long as it’s Carlson’s lemon flavoured…

On the subject of the distinction between animals and plants, some interesting trivia:

Several studies have been conducted in Europe and the UK that prove that plants feel pain and, when sufficient damage is done to lead to the death of the plant, that they feel fear. They most likely do this in a completely different way than animals, but the stress hormones and chemicals are still released. This makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint: this is how roses developed thorns, and peppers became hot- as an evolutionary reaction to the pain/fear chemicals.

Also, as for as whether we’re meant to eat meat or not:

Anthropologists (who have no agenda when it comes to diet) universally agree that animal fat is what allowed our brains to develop to the extent to use tools. They also agree that our logic/tool making ability and our social functions resulted from hunting. Thus, we could never have evolved to where we are now without meat.

Plus our closest relatives (primates) all eat meat. Now, before anyone counters: I’ve had vegetarians point out that our uber closest relative doesn’t eat meat- the chimpanzee. But they do eat insects. Where does one draw the line on what constitutes life? As Denis Leary said “They only want to save the cute ones.”

All that being said, if a vegetarian knows the truth of it all and still chooses to avoid meat as a protest against the meat industry, I can respect that sacrifice- even admire it. But ignorantly following their course and pushing their propaganda on others in lieu of discussing the truth is to put it elegantly fucktarded.