What's Worse Than Being a Vegan?

If it were healthy, tasty and legal, I’d be eating human. I guess that shows how morally bankrupt I am.

[quote]etaco wrote:
If it were healthy, tasty and legal, I’d be eating human. I guess that shows how morally bankrupt I am.[/quote]

I would be hunting them down like animals… especially babies and pregnant women. I’d throw the women to the dogs and eat the fetus they have inside them. I hear spinal fluid is GRRRREAT pre/post workout.

What’s worse than being a vegan?

Dating one.

I shant do that agin.

A friend of mine just started dating a new boyfriend. He says that he’s vegetarian, but eats beef jerky. WTF? If you were only going to eat one meat product, why beef jerky? And how can you have the cajones to still call yourself a vegetarian?

By the way, for more proof against vegetarianism, check out:

[quote]Takuin wrote:
What’s worse than being a vegan?

Dating one.

I shant do that agin. [/quote]

Sperm’s out too?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
bundy wrote:
I think I’ll have two steaks for dinner tonight. Then chase it with some chicken!

translation into “prof X” I think I’ll have two servings of Richard Simmons, then chase it with some children.[/quote]

Haha. My avatar is Richard Simmons, not Gary Glitter.

I always hear people saying a vegan diet is unhealthy(not that I am one).But I’ve seen plenty unhealthy diets that include meat.I have nothing against someone who doesn’t like meat;I don’t feel the need to force my opinions down peoples throats either.I mean God damn,who cares if someone is a vegan.I could care less if they ate paper.Sure,vegans don’t eat enough protein and should mix theirs.Sure,I believe when people cut animal meat or protein out of their diets they start to look “soft” and “out of shape”,but I’m not gonna force it down anyones throats.I mean really.I think there are more important things when it comes to body building than someone not eating meat.

[quote]ATOMemphis wrote:
demonthrall wrote:
My Strategy…

Nice maddox reference.

[/quote]

you bet! In fact, in the original picture, it shows the link bigger on the bottom, so when i checked the pic and you can barely make out the “www.maddox.xmission.com” I thought about following up with where i got it from, since ive read that page since like '01

I think it’s time for everybody here to go listen to the song “Eat Steak” by the Reverend Horton Heat.
The song is my motto and plays whenever I enter any room. Anywhere.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
I always hear people saying a vegan diet is unhealthy(not that I am one).But I’ve seen plenty unhealthy diets that include meat.I have nothing against someone who doesn’t like meat;I don’t feel the need to force my opinions down peoples throats either.I mean God damn,who cares if someone is a vegan.I could care less if they ate paper.Sure,vegans don’t eat enough protein and should mix theirs.Sure,I believe when people cut animal meat or protein out of their diets they start to look “soft” and “out of shape”,but I’m not gonna force it down anyones throats.I mean really.I think there are more important things when it comes to body building than someone not eating meat.[/quote]

Well, its not that because they don’t eat meat that we have a problem with them. It’s because they think they have the moral highground that they’re so damn annoying!

[quote]FFJeff wrote:
If we aren’t supposed to eat animals, why do they taste so damn good?[/quote]

I thought the quote was “If we aren’t supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?”

[quote]aparsons wrote:
I hope you guys realize that people are vegan, not to be healthy, but for moral reasons.[/quote]

I can respect that, although I’ll still enjoy my steak.

Actually, I take that back. I think pure vegans overdo it. I can respect lacto and lacto-ova vegetarians. That seems a sensible compromise between the ethical principle of not needlessly killing other sentient beings, and our intrinsic need for animal-based proteins.

Furthermore, fish in general are fair game, since they eat other fish. None other than Ben Franklin made this argument in his Autobiography.

If you allow dairy, eggs and fish, you’ve got all the high-quality protein, vitamins and essential fatty acids that you could possibly need.

I could discuss insects - they’re a staple and/or a delicacy in some cultures. But I won’t. Some of you might be eating while reading this.

[quote]etaco wrote:
If it were healthy, tasty and legal, I’d be eating human. I guess that shows how morally bankrupt I am.[/quote]

I am not a vegan or vegitarian but I definately agree with part of their moral arguement on principle. Killing other animals for food is not wrong. It is natural and meat tastes good. But the way these animals are raised and slaughtered is disturbing. If anyone has ever seen videos of this is is pretty fucking disgusting, animal rights aside.

Its too bad that we are so detatched from the killing now. I think we have lost respect for some of the food we eat. I think Ted Nugent is a nutjob but his ideals on killing your own food are good. If you aren’t willing to kill it, you don’t deserve to eat it. However, in our society eating prepackaged corporate-slaughtered chicken has become necessary due to our large population and high level of consumption. Kind of a conundrum.

Maybe to solution is to start eating each other. And if it comes to that, I can tell you this, I am not going to eat vegans…fat people are probably much much calorie dense and tender. They would make a good P+F meal. Being so out of shape they would make easier prey, and as a bonus eating them would cut down on their consumption.

[quote]etaco wrote:

Depends on what you mean by “eat”.

An ex of mine had a button that said “Vegetarians taste better.” And it was true. She did.

There is no “need”, especially intrinsic, for animal based proteins. If that were the case every vegetarian on the planet would be dead after a short while.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian for the mere reason that she can’t stand the idea of ending another “beings” life so that she can have dinner. She has been living just fine for years now. And she has a smoooking body. She never mentions it to me that I eat meat, she simply does her thing and I do mine.

There are 2 people I can’t stand in the diet world… its self righteous vegans and closed-minded meat eaters. Respect the other side no matter what you are.

[quote]Boondoggler wrote:
I wrote a research paper on veganism my freshman year in college. It’s remarkable what protein deprivation can do to the human body…[/quote]

Share.

I agree with some of what vegans say. Like about how animals are treated. It is rediculous what goes on in some meat facilities. Many employess in meat factories never eat meat again. The animals aren’t respected enough.

That being said, meat is fucking tasty and very nutritous and where the vegans come off as ignorant is their claims that we aren’t meant to eat meat.
I do believe that drinking the mother’s milk of another species of animal is just fucked up.

I think you can be a meat eater and support animal rights. Think about it.

[quote]Dorso wrote:
I am not a vegan or vegitarian but I definately agree with part of their moral arguement on principle. Killing other animals for food is not wrong. It is natural and meat tastes good. But the way these animals are raised and slaughtered is disturbing. If anyone has ever seen videos of this is is pretty fucking disgusting, animal rights aside.

Its too bad that we are so detatched from the killing now. I think we have lost respect for some of the food we eat. I think Ted Nugent is a nutjob but his ideals on killing your own food are good. If you aren’t willing to kill it, you don’t deserve to eat it. However, in our society eating prepackaged corporate-slaughtered chicken has become necessary due to our large population and high level of consumption. Kind of a conundrum.

Maybe to solution is to start eating each other. And if it comes to that, I can tell you this, I am not going to eat vegans…fat people are probably much much calorie dense and tender. They would make a good P+F meal. Being so out of shape they would make easier prey, and as a bonus eating them would cut down on their consumption. [/quote]

I definitely understand the vegetarian philosophy, as many do not want to harm animals. For some this is part of their religion. For me as long as it is part of nature, I will accept it.

Be very careful of those videos. PETA has staged some, not to mention got some of their people hired to work at these places, and sometimes are the ones you see mistreating the animals. Propaganda is everywhere.

And about cannibalism, it is believed to lead to forms of Crutchfield Jacob disease. (i.e. mad cow.)

I am an omnivore and will live like one. I will support the humane treatment of animals, and hunting and fishing. I will respect vegetarian lifestyle as long as they do not push it on me, or attempt to spread faulty information or propaganda.

I have had 2 vegetarian friends. One never pushed he beliefs, and would eat meat at family functions, but avoided it otherwise. The other was similar, but was willing to temporarily give it up when his wife was pregnant. He knew it was best for he to eat meat when pregnant, and supported her by eating meat at the same time.