What's with the Half-Rep Bench Epidemic??

[quote]SlothGuy wrote:
That was a beautiful poem.[/quote]

Yeah, but I was actually thinking haiku, lol

[quote]KJohns200 wrote:

[quote]SlothGuy wrote:
That was a beautiful poem.[/quote]

Yeah, but I was actually thinking haiku, lol
[/quote]
a haiku is a poem…

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
.[/quote]

Lol

Most of the half benchers iv seen have pretty big triceps. Not counting the ones who go wide though

It isn’t a half rep it is an invisible 4 board press.

[quote]Tony Manifold wrote:
It isn’t a half rep it is an invisible 4 board press.[/quote]

LOL.

Well, the funniest thing was, there are two brothers who trained in my gym. An older one, who was in the Army, and a younger one, around my age, maybe a year younger. They both would put 40-50% effort into spotting each other on the bench, and would go around bragging about how much they could bench.

The younger brother, who was maybe 160-165, and has been training for a little less than a year, thought he could bench 290 (Which was my max at the time, and I’m 175, almost two years training). His other brother grab the cam, and had someone spot him, they told him to “go down with him”. He popped off the 290, the spotter took his hands off, and BAM!

The bar came crashing on his neck, and all of the weights came off. The FUNNIEST thing I’ve ever seen in my life (In a gym), but they deleted the videos like pussies, to save embarrassment, and he learned his lesson that day: HAVING SOMEONE SPOT HALF OF WHAT YOU BENCH DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN ACTUALLY BENCH IT.

On another note, a dude asked my boy to count his reps on the squat. Dude didn’t even do half reps, it was more like little bounces.

Guy: How much was it?
Jimmy: (My friend): None.
Guy: That had to be at least 40
Jimmy: …Nooooope.

The guy never asked Jimmy to count for him again.

[quote]Controversy wrote:
Well, the funniest thing was, there are two brothers who trained in my gym. An older one, who was in the Army, and a younger one, around my age, maybe a year younger. They both would put 40-50% effort into spotting each other on the bench, and would go around bragging about how much they could bench.

The younger brother, who was maybe 160-165, and has been training for a little less than a year, thought he could bench 290 (Which was my max at the time, and I’m 175, almost two years training). His other brother grab the cam, and had someone spot him, they told him to “go down with him”. He popped off the 290, the spotter took his hands off, and BAM!

The bar came crashing on his neck, and all of the weights came off. The FUNNIEST thing I’ve ever seen in my life (In a gym), but they deleted the videos like pussies, to save embarrassment, and he learned his lesson that day: HAVING SOMEONE SPOT HALF OF WHAT YOU BENCH DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN ACTUALLY BENCH IT.

On another note, a dude asked my boy to count his reps on the squat. Dude didn’t even do half reps, it was more like little bounces.

Guy: How much was it?
Jimmy: (My friend): None.
Guy: That had to be at least 40
Jimmy: …Nooooope.

The guy never asked Jimmy to count for him again.[/quote]

Haha, your friend Jim is a winner.

All the more reason to never let ego get in the way of your lifting!
Was the bench guy badly hurt? And what is his current ‘‘MAX’’ now?