T Nation

What's With the Crybabies?

What’s with all the crybabies lately? People complaining about not having friends or can’t get a girlfriend blah blah blah. For fucks sake.

“Son, this world is rough And if a man’s gonna make it, he’s gotta be tough…”

Crying about crybabies isn’t much better.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Crying about crybabies isn’t much better. [/quote]

burn.

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Crying about crybabies isn’t much better.

burn.[/quote]

Epic

Hehe good point :wink: (both of you).

On the other hand, I think that the ones posting about such situations are also helping indirectly other ppl who might be (now or one day) in the same situation, at least by knowing they’re not the only ones.

[quote]AlexD wrote:

On the other hand, I think that the ones posting about such situations are also helping indirectly other ppl who might be (now or one day) in the same situation, at least by knowing they’re not the only ones.[/quote]

Then we’ve created a sad, sad world when this many people are looking for solutions to life’s problems over the internet.

[quote]AlexD wrote:

On the other hand, I think that the ones posting about such situations are also helping indirectly other ppl who might be (now or one day) in the same situation, at least by knowing they’re not the only ones.[/quote]

Or at least they know what to expect if they ever decide to air their laundry over teh interwebz.

[quote]malonetd wrote:

Then we’ve created a sad, sad world when this many people are looking for solutions to life’s problems over the internet.[/quote]

yes you have, shame on you.

Damn, I thought this was going to be a thread about the crybabies gum, and I was going to say argue that tearjerkers is better anyway.

Because exteriorizing your emotions is a vital step towards total harmony and recovery. Gotta be at one with yourself and the world.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Crying about crybabies isn’t much better. [/quote]

LMFAO!!

Touche, Doug!

There have always been and there always will be ‘crybabies’.

For one, did you pay attention to the people ‘crying’ ? They are all in similar age groups. Late teens to mid twenties.

Depression is rather common during this time period & often people are afraid to talk to others about it. The internet gives them the security of anonymity but also allows them to express their feelings and seek other’s advice.

I don’t see the problem.

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:

For one, did you pay attention to the people ‘crying’ ? They are all in similar age groups. Late teens to mid twenties.

Depression is rather common during this time period & often people are afraid to talk to others about it. The internet gives them the security of anonymity but also allows them to express their feelings and seek other’s advice.

I don’t see the problem.[/quote]

You don’t see the problem with people that can’t form normal healthy relationships with people in real life?

My first post on every crybaby thread out there is telling people to get real friends, because that is normal.

I mean, hey, I get along with a few people here pretty well but they’re still the last people I would seek out for emotional support.

Can you imagine if some guy on this site privated messaged you crying about how bad his life is? Shit, man, suck it up and move on like the rest of us. We’ve all got problems. Stop crying about them over the internet with people who really don’t give a shit.

Alright, I’m done crying now. Thanks for listening.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
What’s with all the crybabies lately? People complaining about not having friends or can’t get a girlfriend blah blah blah. For fucks sake.

“Son, this world is rough And if a man’s gonna make it, he’s gotta be tough…” [/quote]

maybe the population density of “men” has dropped below a critical point in some areas of the country, and now there are boys growing up without good men for role models!!

that is a sad stated of affairs. maybe you guys that fancy yourselves emotionally stable, well developed, coherent men should interact with young ones whenever possible? you don’t have to try to convey all of the lessons they will need in life all at once. a few simple points here and there will still make a big difference.

an example, if you will:
i visiting ireland with my mom, and staying with a family that owned a convenience store. we were there for a couple weeks, so i helped out at the convenience store during the day. the guy i worked with was part of the family, but he was also kind of a hard-ass. however, i’ve always remembered the words he said to me, and they seem kind of simple, but if no one else had said them, would i ever think about this?

while cleaning up the back of the store and shoveling some nasty stuff up, he would tell me to think about the most efficient way to sweep stuff up. he said that a lot, “just use your brain”. and he had attitude so i never complained and i just did what he said: i used my brain. and arguably haven’t stopped since! although the women in my life might tell you differently… but they just don’t understand the male mind :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:

I don’t see the problem.

You don’t see the problem with people that can’t form normal healthy relationships with people in real life?

My first post on every crybaby thread out there is telling people to get real friends, because that is normal.

I mean, hey, I get along with a few people here pretty well but they’re still the last people I would seek out for emotional support.

Can you imagine if some guy on this site privated messaged you crying about how bad his life is? Shit, man, suck it up and move on like the rest of us. We’ve all got problems. Stop crying about them over the internet with people who really don’t give a shit.

Alright, I’m done crying now. Thanks for listening.
[/quote]
in all seriousness, how would you define normal?
tradition? whatever the majority does?

and while I prefer to talk to people I hold in confidence, regarding personal matters- some may find it easier to solicit help in a more anonymous fashion, especially if they lack close relationships in “real life”.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[/quote]

Bingo - an entire generation of socially inept adults who are forced to fantasize about the dream of a relationship they can not fathom because they have no frame of reference.

I agree with Lanky and it really shouldn’t be delved deeper than what he said. There’s a lot of amateur psychoanalysis going on lately and, although I get a good chuckle out of it, it should be left up to the trained “professionals.”

So, man the fuck up and go out and live life. I’m leaving now to go wrestle a lion. On the internet :o)

[quote]malonetd wrote:
AlexD wrote:

On the other hand, I think that the ones posting about such situations are also helping indirectly other ppl who might be (now or one day) in the same situation, at least by knowing they’re not the only ones.

Then we’ve created a sad, sad world when this many people are looking for solutions to life’s problems over the internet.[/quote]

as opposed to the pub…?

like that pussy who was getting bullied at University, that shit was hilarious

personally, I cant belive that thread got so big

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
krazykoukides wrote:

I don’t see the problem.

[/quote]

Well no they have problems, that’s why they are posting. Asking for help, or even asking to get kicked in the ass cause they need it, is not their problem.