What's up with it Vanilla Face?

[quote]cavalier wrote:
I give up. What’s Zumba?[/quote]

In all seriousness it is the next step in the evolving aerobics world (marketing)

Aerobics–> Jazzercise–>step aerobics–> taebo–> boxercise–> Zumba.

Another way to keep people interested while they are doing low impact cardio for an hour in a group setting.

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]cavalier wrote:

In all seriousness it is the next step in the evolving aerobics world (marketing)

Another way to keep people interested while they are doing low impact cardio for an hour in a group setting.[/quote]

But this is Latin and spicy

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]cavalier wrote:

Another way to keep people interested while they are doing low impact cardio for an hour in a group setting.[/quote]

But this is Latin and spicy[/quote]

Sorry forget to add that in there…My bad!

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]cavalier wrote:

when accompanied by the properly tigh yoga pants, it is so much more…
But this is Latin and spicy[/quote]

Sorry forget to add that in there…My bad![/quote]

My log as become Zumba Central lol…

I swear I will vid one of my Zumba sessions for all of you to enjoy!

Zumba Zumba, film it and they will come.

CHUTES AND FUCKING LADDERS TODAY!

WEEK 7 Day 2 5x5

Well I keep following the prescribed reps and keep failing, needed to get 435x5 on DL and 220x5 on MP. Only got 435/3, this was on the second attempt the first only got two, FACK! I was pretty sure I could get 220x5 on MP because I have hit 225x3, only got 220x3…HOWEVER,

I did hit an OH Press PR of 235 (+5) only 5lbs away from a BW OH press…weird session today. I tried to pus press a second rep of 235 and it wasnt happening

OH and James I tried Dbl OH I got 405 up but it was slipping so I reverted to the mixed grip for 435, I really am not flexing my arms, they just arent that straight. On the grinder however it was an ugly rep…vids below…

Lots o volume today…

DL - 270/5 325/5 380/5 435/2 435/3 405/2 (dbl oh)

FRONT SQUAT - 135/5 225/5 245/3 (Better today)

OH PRESS - 135/5 165/5 195/5 220/3 235/1 185/9 135/15

ORANGE BAND RESISTANCE SUPINATED CHINS FOR TEH GUNS 5,5
GREY BAND RESISTANCE SUPINATED CHINS FOR TEH GUNS 4,4

DB INCLINE PRESS - 75/15 110/10 125/5

REVERSE EZ BAR TRI PD - 50/20 70/20 STACK/10,10

OH PRESS

Hey Mr. Vanilla Face, 435 x 2 looked really good. No bicep pulling. You’re my OHP hero!

thanks Toddski…preciate it

I’m here for the videos of Matty doing Zumba.

wait I didnt remove the vid…wtf???

good pulling, now only keep your chin way up on the pull-trust me for you it will work wonders.

You need to switch to the advanced version of the 5x5 now. Your starting to stall on your reps to early-means your too advanced for this routine.

Good Point Fisch, I will do the periodization advanced next cycle, I have 2 more weeks of this you think I should cut it this week?

[quote]Patch2 wrote:
I’m here for the videos of Matty doing Zumba. [/quote]

I may regret that i said that…now I have to come through.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Good Point Fisch, I will do the periodization advanced next cycle, I have 2 more weeks of this you think I should cut it this week?[/quote]

Finnish it out but switch everything to triples. Then take a easy week then goto the Advanced pendlay and please don’t try adding to much stuff to it. Seriously if you really hammer at those lifts in there you don’t really need anything else.

damn son.
nice pulling.

needless to say the oh press is huge too.

Thanks Kev!

Fisch, I will try my damndest not too bastardize the advance version…to much lol

After your done with this ruotine I really think you should try Smolov. I think with the constant squatting your numbers would fly up.

yes please to zumba vids. my gym has a poster which promises free zumba but we don’t have zumba classes offered as yet. guess we will soon (renovations at the moment due to the chain takeover).

i think it is possible to do the music thing and tune everything out and so long as the equipment is okay and people get out of the way without your having to wait too long things can be fine.

the problem comes with socializing a little…

then needing to draw some boundaries around some things.

i’m a bit interpersonally challenged… but i’m realizing more so than usual when i’m all fired up for lifting…

i think it is particularly hard when people don’t understand. i’ve realized that most people are freaking out with the olympic lifting because they simply don’t understand since they have never really seen it before. they don’t know that a miss behind is par for the course and safe. they have a startle reflex to dropped weights because it is a sound they aren’t used to. sudden motion brings on startle reflex for them, too. and yelling / grunting. the more i miss the broomstick the more they seem to be okay with my missing the bar… then the bar with some weight on it lolz.

they will see you progress in time. some will probably start asking you advice and want to switch over to your style of training. i’m not sure how long you have been training where you are at… hang in there matty.

You’re a gear whore?

That’s it. I’m OUT.