What's Up with AestheticsBRAH?

[quote]paulieserafini wrote:
other than facebook I’m pretty sure Zyzz was pretty well known on simply shredded. I think.[/quote]

And 4chan. Probably reddit, too, though I’ve never been to that site before so I dunno.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:
Went To check out chaos and pain and came back with some good articles and this name Gracyanne Barbosa. And that was worth this whole thread[/quote]

Check out her Tumblr page …

[/quote]
[/quote]

Giggidy…BOOM

Full squat 500# for 8 reps?!
WTF is going on here?!
Also, half of her photos and her videos are smokin’ and the other half she’s seems to have no hip/waist taper at all. Fucking mind-fuck. I don’t even know how to react properly.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:

Full squat 500# for 8 reps?!
WTF is going on here?!
Also, half of her photos and her videos are smokin’ and the other half she’s seems to have no hip/waist taper at all. Fucking mind-fuck. I don’t even know how to react properly.[/quote]

Im sorry, but that squat of 500 cannot be real. She’s not even trying. The weight just goes up. If that is true she can probably squat close to 600… if it is true good for her.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

Im sorry, but that squat of 500 cannot be real. She’s not even trying. The weight just goes up. If that is true she can probably squat close to 600… if it is true good for her.[/quote]

Yer I agree. Looks dodgy.

tweet

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
… has a fairly attainable physique (he didn’t really need the PEDs… [/quote]

QFT!

[quote]MattyXL wrote:

[quote]four60 wrote:
Went To check out chaos and pain and came back with some good articles and this name Gracyanne Barbosa. And that was worth this whole thread[/quote]

Check out her Tumblr page …

[/quote]

OMG THAT ASS

[quote]anonym wrote:
Zyzz is looked up to by many because he was a nerdy, awkward-looking kid who managed to turn himself into an interweb celebrity based on his degree of fitness, his 4chan personality and the women he was able to get attention from (and bang, I suppose). His entire persona was, for the most part, an inside joke that endeared him to his target audience not only because of how over the top it was, but also for the results it got him,[/quote]

Oddly enough this is how I feel when I read that C&P blog. There’s some good training advice but you have to wade through the bullshit to get to it.

james

[quote]atypical1 wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:
Zyzz is looked up to by many because he was a nerdy, awkward-looking kid who managed to turn himself into an interweb celebrity based on his degree of fitness, his 4chan personality and the women he was able to get attention from (and bang, I suppose). His entire persona was, for the most part, an inside joke that endeared him to his target audience not only because of how over the top it was, but also for the results it got him,[/quote]

Oddly enough this is how I feel when I read that C&P blog. There’s some good training advice but you have to wade through the bullshit to get to it.

james
[/quote]

C&P is a pretty angry dude. Probably because he’s short.

I don’t agree with everything he says, but it’s definitely an entertaining read and there is definitely some great info buried in there

I only heard of Zzyzzz (sp? -lol) when he died. In my opinion, based on what I’ve since learned, the guy found that working out and building some muscle (and using a ton of PEDs) allowed him to act like an ass (self confident?) and get laid. To many of the younger generation out there, that constitutes being a hero. He also made smart use of the internet, which seems to be a trend with this generation, to become known to cyber-folks.

Not that there’s anything wrong with this, people have all sorts of idols and heroes. This thing is though, that to the greater number of people who train, calling someone who has a fairly attainable physique (he didn’t really need the PEDs in MY opinion), hasn’t accomplished anything in terms of the competitive side of the sport, and acted in ways that a large majority of the population would consider an ass, I can see how it would seem silly to call him someone to look up to.

When I started training, I looked up to my friend Scott. He had been training for a few years, was fairly big for his frame at maybe 220 lbs (in my newbie perspective), yet was always humble, down to earth, and polite. To me, that was something to aspire towards. If I were to start posting threads every couple of weeks about how amazing Scott was, and how he inspired more people to train than Arnold, people would tell me I was out of my mind, even though he had an obvious impact on my own training.

To ME, Scott was an inspiration. To other people, he’s no one.

S[/quote]

U MIRIN BRAH?

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

I only heard of Zzyzzz (sp? -lol) when he died. In my opinion, based on what I’ve since learned, the guy found that working out and building some muscle (and using a ton of PEDs) allowed him to act like an ass (self confident?) and get laid. To many of the younger generation out there, that constitutes being a hero. He also made smart use of the internet, which seems to be a trend with this generation, to become known to cyber-folks.

Not that there’s anything wrong with this, people have all sorts of idols and heroes. This thing is though, that to the greater number of people who train, calling someone who has a fairly attainable physique (he didn’t really need the PEDs in MY opinion), hasn’t accomplished anything in terms of the competitive side of the sport, and acted in ways that a large majority of the population would consider an ass, I can see how it would seem silly to call him someone to look up to.

When I started training, I looked up to my friend Scott. He had been training for a few years, was fairly big for his frame at maybe 220 lbs (in my newbie perspective), yet was always humble, down to earth, and polite. To me, that was something to aspire towards. If I were to start posting threads every couple of weeks about how amazing Scott was, and how he inspired more people to train than Arnold, people would tell me I was out of my mind, even though he had an obvious impact on my own training.

To ME, Scott was an inspiration. To other people, he’s no one.

S[/quote]

U MIRIN BRAH?

[/quote]

Now I actually am.

The not giving a fuck was strong in this one.

<---- Mirin

[quote]anonym wrote:
Zyzz is looked up to by many because he was a nerdy, awkward-looking kid who managed to turn himself into an interweb celebrity based on his degree of fitness, his 4chan personality and the women he was able to get attention from (and bang, I suppose). His entire persona was, for the most part, an inside joke that endeared him to his target audience not only because of how over the top it was, but also for the results it got him,

For most teenagers looking to get into lifting, particularly the ones who aren’t particularly successful at meeting girls (let’s face it – the majority of teens who get into bodybuilding), getting ripped, partying it up and getting laid is what it’s all about.

Those serious about bodybuilding look up to Ronnie because of what he accomplished in the sport. People who don’t care about weight-lifting don’t give a shit about the juiced guy in the thong with the funny voice.

Similarly, teenagers who want to flip their lives around by getting an aesthetic body, attention from women and a degree of popularity above what most will ever achieve will look up to zyzz. People who don’t care about living that lifestyle for whatever reason won’t really be able to relate.

People like zyzz because he is a testament to what one can do with their lives if they work hard and play the game right. His goals might not have been yours, and you might not agree with the majority of his tactics, but to deny the 180 his life took based on his efforts is crazy.

The rest are pretty much known because of their association to him.[/quote]

This is a good post that, IMO, accurately sums up Zyzz’s ‘legacy.’ I’m pretty neutral about him (I am not Australian, nor do I really care one way or another about him,) but Anonym is spot-on with the obsession he garnered.

That being said, I certainly agree with Stu’s opinion on looking up to the helpful, polite and friendly people who succeed in the sport/game/what have you. Back when I was huge and just learning my way around a weight room my Freshman year in college, there was always this guy who just act like a total dick to everyone using a machine when it was his turn to use it. You could tell he lifted but was nothing extraordinary by any means… and usually spent multiple minutes bullshitting with other people between his sets. He would pressure them, holler and berate them until they got fed up/embarrassed and left. I happen to be on the wrong side of this exchange one time.

Myself and two of my roommates were benching (on a Monday, go figure, anyway,) and were the last ones to use one of the four flat benches in the weight room. He picked us to single out and bitch at for whatever reason. The whole time, there’s this monster, a guy who I saw bench 455 for reps multiple times, watching from a bench away shaking his head. He came up to us afterwards and talked about not worrying about people like that, and actually provided some valuable help and tips for us that I still use to this day. He was always cordial and willing to offer constructive advice to anyone looking for it. That’s the kind of guy I like to model myself after.

^Wow, cool story bro. Anyway, yeah.

Zyzz’s physique is much more achievable to the average person than say, ronnie coleman, arnold, etc giant dudes. Basically lift and work through the newb gains, and have a really low BF% = look like zyzz.

I dont miss the college weight room one bit. Douchey frat douchebags everywhere.

x2 on being the guy to “speak soft, and carry a big stick”

God, the bully victim saga continuous.

Actually, I would like to hear some of X’s stories. I’m pretty sure he must have some, don’t ya think?

hold on!!! a girl squat 500 for reps ???
lol what kind of fake shit is this

That V-Neck is not nearly deep enough.

[quote]Aggv wrote:
Zyzz’s physique is much more achievable to the average person than say, ronnie coleman, arnold, etc giant dudes. Basically lift and work through the newb gains, and have a really low BF% = look like zyzz.

I dont miss the college weight room one bit. Douchey frat douchebags everywhere.

x2 on being the guy to “speak soft, and carry a big stick” [/quote]

True on the college weight room bit. And nobody trains legs. There is about a 3:1 ratio of benches to squat racks at the “fitness centre” I go to (and that’s not counting the benches for DB bench press). 90% of the guys in there can bench more than they can squat, and have calves the size of your average 17 year old female. This is why I like the powerlifting gym.

Chestbrah is not “revered” over at BB.com, all the opposite. He’s hated for being an awkward individual leeching from his brother’s (Zyzz) popularity to sell supplements.

Just watch this. Terrible.

Zyzz got laid and got a lot of cash. Thats what a lot of young people want so whats to stop them?

SOme of these people will go into weightlifting, strongman and BB’ing. Who cares about those who want to act 'ard and wear hipster clothes?

[quote]Edevus wrote:
Chestbrah is not “revered” over at BB.com, all the opposite. He’s hated for being an awkward individual leeching from his brother’s (Zyzz) popularity to sell supplements.

Just watch this. Terrible.

Christ on a fucking bike. He should be taken outside and beaten to a pulp.