What's the Worst Job You've Ever Had?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I loved working on farms in Pennsylvania as a teen. Good, honest work with your entire body.
[/quote]

Aye the work was physical and gave you a pump ID but it was as monotonous as a countingbeans post and it fucking killed you. I used to pull out vines for 12 hours a day. I couldn’t even move my hands when I woke up. Arthritis inducing monotonous BS for dollars to buy a bag of wine so I could blur out the fact that I was stuck on a fucking farm. Every night.

Oil Rig in northern canada, hard ass work, twelve hour shifts, outside in -50 Celsius… dangerous and some real freak show co workers. If it wasn’t for the Ten G pay cheques… oh, and being covered in crude oil sucks

Screen printer assistant, printing T shirts. Imagine a giant warehouse with 10 40ft long furnaces heated to 425 degrees running 24/7 365 used to cure the ink on the shirts. Hot, sweaty covered in ink all so some ass hat can have a shirt with their college logo. $7 an hour, hell yea.

landscaping, what I am doing now, suck big time. Lanscaping is only a word for shoveling rocks and bringing them from point a to point b.

My absolute worst job was a duck cooker in a factory. I was boiling the ducks into their fat, cleaning the factory, waking up at 4:30 am, my sweat was freezing on me(It was a refrigerated factory and It was 45 degree celsius near the cauldron), doing repetive task such as wrapping ducks leg and being with the most stupid and depressing people I have ever met. I lasted 2 weeks.

I would rather live a social outcast nomad life in the wilderness than ever doing this again

Damn I’m glad I’ve avoided the manual labor jobs, those sound like fun! Nawwwt!

Interviewing French-speaking Canadian farmers about what type of crops they grew, which brand, which hybrid so on and so forth for 6 months. 400$/week as a 16 year old for a few hours a day…I was so rich and this probably accounts for my perma-fried mentality as I smoked entirely too much weed with that kind of income.

Waiter in a five-star hotel’s restaurant (Four Seasons). It was ok on weekdays, but the weekends were ridiculously high stress, and the time couldn’t move by faster. That and most of my co-workers were pricks, though I didn’t blame them seeing how we were severely understaffed.
I quit after a month and a half to enjoy the rest of my winter-break, but I did get a pretty sweet laptop out of the pay.

Working at wendy’s sucked, the manager was nice and all, buuuuuuuuuut, cleaning out the fry grease and grilling burgers, and fixing chili with the old burger was not fun, and the grease smell just does not go away, ughhhhhh. I have no problem eating there but working there was not fun. Working in a sawmill was better than that, which was what i did after i quit working fast food.

I sold frozen steaks off a pickup truck in rural NC when I was 17…

…mountain folk…

“Deliverance” for sure!

our first stop? Cooter: “naw…that’s ok…the wife don’t got no back teef” --swear to god.

I love the south (lived there 7 years)…not hating…but this was fucking terrifying…

lasted 1 day…

[quote]Jack Urboady wrote:
Worked in some serious shitholes over the years

Working in farms in Australia was pretty tough. No wonder it’s only immigrants that do that kind of work. It’s tough as fuck and the sun never really mixed with my pasty ass white Scottish skin.

[/quote]
Judging by your partial ebonics you must have some african-american blood too.

Working as a roof tiler. My first day involved working in 44 degrees celsius and I had to move 1800 tiles from the ground to a roof. The machine had shit itself so I had to carry them in lots of 6 up a ladder. That’s 300 trips. Not cool.

Two year sentence in Moradabad U.P. Northern India… no I wasn’t in prison but there was no difference.

Time went by very, very slowly for me. It was sheer agony as minutes felt like days, days like months, months like years… I was working a private contract; opened many doors for me but it was tough.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Jack Urboady wrote:
Worked in some serious shitholes over the years

Working in farms in Australia was pretty tough. No wonder it’s only immigrants that do that kind of work. It’s tough as fuck and the sun never really mixed with my pasty ass white Scottish skin.

Judging by your partial ebonics you must have some african-american blood too.
[/quote]

LOL Alffi mate. Scottish through and through although I have 2 Finnish half brothers. You train in METAL gym per chance? I hear it’s tough as fuck.

Probably my current job, Im head bouncer at a pub. I have bounced other places and it was some of the best work I have done, but where I am now I am the only person who can fight his way out of a paper bag.

Now if anything goes wrong I have idiot, Indian tubs of lard calling for help over the radio and when I get to the source of the shit storm I am the only one there. I have even run past one of my guards running the other way! Sure, i know my job is to deal with this shit but its there job to do the same and I am over putting my ass on the line over and over and really I am lucky I haven’t had more then a black eye.

I worked at a trapshooting range between the ages of 13-16. Most of the time was spent in the concrete bunker trap house where I manually loaded clay pigeons on the machine that sent them downrange. While that machine didn’t spin fast enough to take off fingers, if you were too slow to get your hand free it would sting for a good while.

Add onto that oppressive heat in the summer, freezing cold in the winter, usually no break time during a shift, and less than minimum wage. Yeah that job sucked the big one.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Moving furniture.[/quote]

I was a mover too. You get to lift heavy shit and hit on housewives all day. It was awesome. If I were a rich man, and didn’t need to make much money, I’d do that for the rest of my life, no problem.

My worst job, by far, was interning at a fertilizer plant. The guys I worked with were fucking toolboxes with zero social skills or sense of humor (engineers), and I was bored all the time. There were no hot girls to hit on, and it just sucked in every way that a job could suck. The best part of it was that I got to drive a fork truck a lot. That was the only enjoyment I got out of that experience.

Wal Mart

[quote]fighting_fires wrote:
cromwell2007 wrote:
while it was rewarding, there were points in my Marine service that were less than swell. Done concrete work and landscaping-neither qualify as fun when its 100 degrees plus

uugggghhh just got a job doing concrete ive done it before and i know it will suck, but it will also pay for my degree so i guess it will be bearable.

my worst was when i worked at a pizza joint when i was 15. i did dishes and made pizzas for minimum wage, talk about hating your life.

ive also done different construction clean up and landscape work throughout high school, it sucked but id rather be doing physical labor than making pizzas. also the pay is much better. [/quote]

I did concrete work for years in the summers as a kid, starting at age 14. If you can survive the first 3 weeks, you can make some good $$. The redimix work is ok, but having to feed 94 lb bags into a 1/2 bag mixer is brutal in the heat.

Part of one summer when I was 16 was spent making pizza. The owner was a jackass but I ate well and made a steady habit of swiping Michelobs from the walk in box.

My worst jobs: I worked for a commercial laundry company for 2 weeks. We had to pick up dirty stuff from restaurants and hospitals. And in the restaurants, everything generally went down into the basement via a chute with all sorts of food and wine spilled into it. Gack city. The hospital stufff was almost always bagged up, thank god. The shit smell would stick to my clothes.

Another horror show was doing roofing when I was 19. I wasn’t big on heights but got used to it fast and could perch on the edge of the roof like a gargoyle when I had to do the starter courses. The crew I was on were epic beer drinkers, so we never were thirsty. And the heat boiled it out of us, never got a big buzz during working hours.

BG

Shoprite cashier the management couldnt care less about you and old ladies getting pissed at you for their coupons being expired wasn’t fun , telemarketer at a mortgage firm lasted a week they probably would have fired my ass since I didn’t get them any leads, and last was a pt job at a gym between being told to sell sell sell on pt all the time and clients never showing up it was a very frustrating job, oh and these people wanted results on 2 half hour workouts a week and would never bring in their diet logs, but I got to lift for free :).

I worked as a brushcutter one summer on a logging crew. You walk around the trails up and down the mountains and cut down all the broken limbs or bent trees with a chain saw. Getting up at 4am was shitty but it beat working through the 100 degree heat that hit at noon.