What's the Word on these Books?

I got these as a gift. I was curious what t nation readers think of them.

I thought the diagrams and stuff were cool but I didn’t really trust/like much of the information as far as I can remember.

[quote]darkhorse1-1 wrote:
I got these as a gift. I was curious what t nation readers think of them.[/quote]
I remember when the first one of this guy’s books came out, it seemed like a pretty decent resource. These two look pretty much along those lines.

But it’s like Alwyn Cosgrove has said, “I’ve never gotten dumber from reading any book (with the possible exception of “My Life: The Paris Hilton Story”). It always makes me smile when I hear people asking, “Is this book worth it?” I can honestly say I’ve never read anything that didn’t enhance my knowledge in some way.”

The latest installment of the two suggests crunches. That was one thing I could identify that was bad advice. I don’t know about the rest of it though.

[quote]darkhorse1-1 wrote:
The latest installment of the two suggests crunches. That was one thing I could identify that was bad advice. I don’t know about the rest of it though.[/quote]

I hate to break it to you, but crunches aren’t bad advice.

As for the books, I would say their primary utility would be the anatomy diagrams. Skimmed through one that a fellow gym member leaves lying about, and the anatomy will help give you a visual, but the workout stuff is pretty basic (not that basic is bad, just that in terms of long term intellectual benefit nothing groundbreaking)