What's the Process for Bodybuilding/Physique Coaching Like?

He’s talked about the titles a little. He’s pretty in-tune with Google Analytics and what words and thumbnails capture a wide audience.

1 Like

Yeah, I was thinking that too.

1 Like

Yeah the titles are just for google searches. If I hadn’t seen a lot of Johns videos and know his reputation I’d never watch his videos though cause the titles seem to click baitish. It’s a good watch though. He talks a little about the differences in enhanced lifters cutting vs non enhanced.

1 Like

I always like to give ppl benefit of the doubt but I’m with you. Sometimes it looks sketchy. I guess good genetics could help though. I know nothing about that sadly .

There are guys at natural shows with Saran Wrap skin. Many have better condition than current IFBB pros. @The_Mighty_Stu

Lol I bet this is doubly true considering there was very little conditioning this past Olympia

Edit: let me repharase that. Considering this past Olympia lacked conditioning compared to past Olympia’s .

1 Like

Yeah, I routinely see better conditioning at Wnbf shows than I do at any NPC event, and even at the pro IFBB level. I’m not saying assisted athletes can’t achieve the same level, BUT I am saying that if you’re relying on so many variables (gear + who knows what else), there’s obviously a much better chance you’ll fail to land the plane on a dime and bring it all together for those 20 minutes onstage.

S

1 Like

Although I’m certainly not an IFBB insider, I know enough to confidently assume some here would be surprised by how unmethodical or goofy some of our beloved gurus are with nutrition prep. Why do you think some guys go through a few of them? @The_Mighty_Stu

Man I know very little in high level contest prep dieting. However what I’ve noticed in the fitness world from “gurus” is this.

“X doesn’t work and Y does”

“Now pay me and I’ll show you how to do Y”

I mean look at how many articles come
Out saying “fasted lifting is killing your gains” or “fasted cardio is bad” or “non fasted cardio is bad”

When I was lifting in a commercial gym it was at around 6 am and a lot of the guys that worked out there had been Doing it for years. Most of them , including myself, were muscular, strong etc. all lifted fasted cause nobody wanted to eat that early. This is anecdotal but it still worked for me. I’ve gotten stronger and larger over the years doing this.

So I think the fitness world has become trying to state things don’t work that clearly do and always have, and replace it with your charged material/services.

1 Like

You can google the mighty stu bodybuilding coaching and his website comes up as the first or second result.

1 Like

It’s actually linked in this forum just click his name.

@The_Mighty_Stu I didn’t know where to ask this (and didn’t want to create my own thread for it as it isn’t worthy of having a thread allocated.

At what size (in inches) are arms considered big? I’d assume it differs based on height/bone structure. Pertaining to my height/tiny bone structure (say a smidge under 5’5 and wrist size of 6.6 inches) what exactly would one want to shoot for in order to acquire impressive looking arms? (rough ballpark)

2 Likes

Yeah I’d like to know too.

It’s interesting, because back in America I had a friend (EXCELLENT genetics), he was about 5-5’2 with 12.5 inch arms, lean (10-12%bf, very vascular), had a bicep peak like a bowling ball (he was like this since age 9-10, very muscular comparative to his peers, I seriously wonder whether a mutation could’ve existed within genes coding for myostatin regulation)

His 12.5 inches looked better than 17 inches on most 6 foot guys. He’s now my height btw (5’5, and we look so similar in tone and shape people comment on us being potential brothers haha)

My arms are a lot bigger than his, but his insane insertions make up for any size difference… seriously I have about 15 lbs on him yet we look the same size

16” and over for a 5’5” guy probably. Stu had 18” arms at 5’8” once but I don’t think many naturals will get that.

True, arm size is highly dependent on genetics. If one enters my measurements (wrists, ankle circumference etc), due to my small bone structure, the absolute maximum arm size someone fo my structure is (supposedly) capable of is 16.6 inches (this is with great genes once one has hit their genetic potential). It should be noted my wrists are very, very small… for me 16 inches would look (proportionally) giant. Not saying I won’t hit 16, I def will, but it’ll take another year or so

I have very broad shoulders despite my small structure, which is pretty great. In terms fo aesthetics at the moment I’d say I’m pretty on point… and a large neck (18-19 inches) comparative to height I believe.

It’s rather strange, I’ve seen guys with 14 inch arms that look amazing, whilst others have 16 inch arms and the guy with 14 inch arms can easily out angle/look more impressive (same heights) and vice versa. I suppose bone structure, leverages and insertions (I’d argue insertions are the most important factor) play a HUGE role as to how impressive one looks

I’ve seen some swimmers that look damn aesthetic, even though they aren’t big… because they have perfect insertions

I’ve also seen some dudes who look better than many on gear naturally. A generalised ballpark is a good notion to have though, so perhaps 16 inches is the minimum a 5’5 guy needs to look impressive?

Mine are 15 inch at the moment, and whilst my arms don’t look big, I have a large back, chest, shoulders and a small waist (29 inches is small right?), so whilst my arms don’t look impressive (don’t look horrific either) I don’t look all that bad.

1 Like

I don’t think one needs that to look good and as you said it depends on the overall package and shape. To look amazing is something else.

You probably look fine.

More irritated about my height than anything else… That’s where the majority of insecurity stems from haha

Trust me, if you’re beefy, women tend to overlook height. I been single for a while and it took 5 months for only one girl to openly curve me for my height. I’m 5’8 and not straight up jacked. I also live in Portland OR where a lot of dudes aren’t really that imposing either.

I understand.