What's the Ideal Bodyfat Percentage?

I have always had this problem I have always been light.

I am also short but even when I started doing weights I was still light. At 16 I weighed 54kg.

Now about to turn 18 I am 163cm tall bodyfat around 19-20% and only weigh 71kg. Shouldn’t I weigh more?? I mean I have huge legs and a built upperbody. I have friends who are skinnier than me and weigh a tad bit more.

Any help please

It’s because you don’t have much muscle. Get more muscle and weigh more.

[quote]clean and squat wrote:
I am 163cm tall
Any help please[/quote]
this will factor. you are pretty short. But why do you care what your scale weight is? if you look ‘built’ or ‘stacked’ or whatever, who cares whether you ‘weigh’ 80kg or 180kg? you are the only one who knows what the scale says, people who look at you will see someone who is ‘stacked’. or at 20% more likely someone who is kinda chubbs, with an ‘im too light to feel big’ complex.

[quote]clean and squat wrote:
Now about to turn 18 I am 163cm tall bodyfat around 19-20% and only weigh 71kg. Shouldn’t I weigh more??[/quote]
That’s like saying, “I just ate lunch. Shouldn’t I still be hungry?” Dude, there’s no universal guideline that says everyone who’s “this” tall should weight “this much” with “this much” bodyfat. There are a lot of variables involved, most importantly being personal decision.

Two questions:

1. How much does that guy in the picture I just posted weigh?

2. Does his bodyweight really matter? He’s just one inch (2.5cm) taller than you.

Can you post a current picture?

The bottom line is that, if you’re not satisfied with your current bodyweight, gain muscle. If you’re not satisfied with your current bodyfat, lose some fat. If you’re already happy with either or both, then be frickin’ happy and don’t sweat what you think you “should” be.