What's the Girliest Music You Lift to?

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
Kanye West. [/quote]

I’m gonna let you finish, but this is the best post of the year right here.

I was listening to Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony at the gym about a year ago and almost had a major Clockwork Orange moment when this 90lb. Japanese fucker who rolled up in an Acura NSX was doing curls in the squat rack. Classical music is pretty fucking gay to listen to.

Although I don’t consider him to be anywhere close to gay on the gay music scale, people look at me like I’m from fucking Mars when I tell them i like to listen to Miles Davis when I work out sometimes. Bitches’ Brew or On The Corner are great to work out to if you just want to zone out on some weights.

I will admit to NickelBack, Jason Mraz, Kings of Leon, Akon, Justin Timberlake, some of Timbalands shit is “girly”…

I don’t have to be angry to pick up 400lbs, infact there are days where harder music will fuck up my flow.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
bradden wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
bradden wrote:
hilary duff, lady gaga, miley cirus… I have a girlfriend and she laughs at me, do I get the win in this thread?

You have a girlfriend, so we really can’t judge you. But once you’re single, we’re gonna kick the shit out of you.

That one made me laugh my ass off

HA HA HA HA, but seriously. Size 14 boots all across your rib cage.[/quote]

Over the miley cirus and hilary duff? Yes, thats fair game. But you leave my fucking Lady Gaga alone…

[quote]Makavali wrote:
TylerPK4L wrote:
Kanye West.

I’m gonna let you finish, but this is the best post of the year right here.[/quote]

I’ll treasure that sentence forever, Makavali. Do I get an award with or without an interruption?

[quote]bradden wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
bradden wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
bradden wrote:
hilary duff, lady gaga, miley cirus… I have a girlfriend and she laughs at me, do I get the win in this thread?

You have a girlfriend, so we really can’t judge you. But once you’re single, we’re gonna kick the shit out of you.

HA HA HA HA, but seriously. Size 14 boots all across your rib cage.

Over the miley cirus and hilary duff? Yes, thats fair game. But you leave my fucking Lady Gaga alone…[/quote]

You know Gaga has a penis right?

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
bradden wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
bradden wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
bradden wrote:

HA HA HA HA, but seriously. Size 14 boots all across your rib cage.

Over the miley cirus and hilary duff? Yes, thats fair game. But you leave my fucking Lady Gaga alone…

You know Gaga has a penis right?[/quote]

Ohhhh, now I understand the song “poker face”… im going back to my good ol’ fashioned Slipknot.

Back in '02, the first time I put up three plates on bench was while listening to Madonna. It wasn’t on purpose, it just kinda happened that way. I felt pretty ghey… LOL

Jack Johnson, Fleetwood Mack, Phish, No Doubt

I once spent an entire shoulder day listening to Don’t Stop Believing.

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
Makavali wrote:
TylerPK4L wrote:
Kanye West.

I’m gonna let you finish, but this is the best post of the year right here.

I’ll treasure that sentence forever, Makavali. Do I get an award with or without an interruption? [/quote]

Without my friend, without.

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I once spent an entire shoulder day listening to Don’t Stop Believing.[/quote]

We’ve all done that. That song is the FUCKING BOMB. You diss, you die.

[quote]Hyena wrote:
sorry, there is no “win” in this thread.[/quote]

There is only fail…

Speaking of which…Nickelback was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of the girliest tracks in my iPod right now.

hangs head in shame**

Hole

Courtney Love was probably meant to be a boy.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
WS4JB wrote:
I once spent an entire shoulder day listening to Don’t Stop Believing.

We’ve all done that. That song is the FUCKING BOMB. You diss, you die.

- YouTube [/quote]

It may or may not have been this version…

Weather Girls - Its Raining Men

Journey ROCKS good one

tonic, the way she loves me. it comes on the stereo at my gym every now and then. kinda takes the piss out of your intensity.

I’ve beat PRs listening to the Cranberries, Britney Spears, motherfucking Shifty, Sugar Ray, Rihanna and Gaga. Sometimes its almost like that type of music helps. The bad stuff kind of pisses you off, the good stuff helps you focus on the set and grind out those last reps. I’d probably beat my DL record by 15lbs if ‘I want to break free’ came on, heh.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
bradden wrote:

You have a girlfriend, so we really can’t judge you. But once you’re single, we’re gonna kick the shit out of you.[/quote]

lol