What's The Best Protein?

Just a curious question. I have taken Muscle Milk, as well as Whey protein. I’m just wondering what is the best protein that is out there right now? I LOVED muscle milk. But I just want the best as far as helping you recuperate faster and building mass quicker. So if ya’ll could help me out!

[quote]Joshua1987 wrote:
Just a curious question. I have taken Muscle Milk, as well as Whey protein. I’m just wondering what is the best protein that is out there right now? I LOVED muscle milk. But I just want the best as far as helping you recuperate faster and building mass quicker. So if ya’ll could help me out![/quote]

The best protein out there is, was, and always be - REAL FOOD!

Powders are supplements to your diet - none will help you recuperate faster or build muscle quicker - you drink the powder when you want to add some quality protein to your diet and can’t sit down to a real meal.

You need to take in more quality calories than you expend to build mass. It is as easy as that.

So belly up to the table, grab the knife and fork, and go to work.

That’s right, FOOD is KING.

Of course, since T-Nation is sponsored by Biotest you might think about their products. Besides, I for one, think that Metabolic Drive is one of the best quality, best tasting products out there. Many must agree considered how often one flavor or another is out-of-stock. Check the Biotest store with the link in the upper right of the home page. You won’t be disapointed.

Not GNC brand protein.

There was an article a while back on T-Nation about how muscle milk might kill you. Look in the nutrition article section. But it might have worked better for you since it has more than one type of protein. Whey protein isn’t that awesome.

The best protein is London Broil or Flank Steak. Think about it. If you eat a London Broil or a Flank Steak that’s the size of your bicep then you’ve just taken on a good chunk of quality protein. Cheap beef is the best beef.

Fish is a good source of protein when you need protein while you’re trying to lose weight.

Consumer Report:Muscle Milk

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1231523

I do pretty well with Met-rx protein powders. It�??s a mix of whey, casein, and some other stuff, so it gives you a quick blast of whey and then the casein sits in your stomach and digest slowly. Because it packs 46 grams of protein into one serving, it is less expensive than most people realize. It also helps that Trader Joe’s sells Met-rx for $21 a jar :wink:

Optimum Nutrition double choclate protein powder is probaly the most bang for the buck. 24grams of protein, w/ BCAA’s and glutamine. 5 pounds cost about 30 bucks so it really quite cheap.

Cows, fish and birds Closely follow by Metabolic Drive and Grow! Whey

Phill

I just recently switched over to Biotest’s base-level protein, Grow! Whey. So far I’ve been pleased; not much in the way of taste, but that’s what blenders and frozen blueberries are for.

Also: you get a ton of it for the price.

any guys in the uk insist u use myprotien.co.uk cos its stupidly cheap- its basicly a factory outlet cutting out he middle men, i think there was a thread on this a while back, i got 3kg of whey for bout £35 inc vat and p&p