Whats the Best Mass Gaining Training Program?

Hi guys, I have been training for 3 years. Got lean down from skinny fat and gain 15 pounds of muscle mass over the years.

I am interested in gaining more muscle mass. What you guys feel is the best training program to gain mass? I know about nutrition part and i wanna look for a new training technique to challenge my body.

Sijun

Lift more weight each week for a few years. Seriously.

[quote]engerland66 wrote:
Lift more weight each week for a few years. Seriously.[/quote]

/thread

[quote]engerland66 wrote:
Lift more weight each week for a few years. Seriously.[/quote]

While consistently eating more food.

/threadx2

[quote]machiajelly wrote:
engerland66 wrote:

/threadx2[/quote]

barf

/threadx3

If you’ve advanced past RippedHoes, then the next logical step is…

MadPopular’s Intermediate 5x5

You focus on the big key lifts, lateral raises and concentration curls

The aim is to try to lift 5lbs less than each previous workout, to the point where you’re hopefully just not using any weight at all.

Day 1 -
Work up to your heavy lateral raise 5rm
Same with concentration curls, max 5rm
accessory: 10x20 wrist curls

Day 2 -
Be huge.

repeat.

mr popular - hahahahahahaha classic

completely off topic, wats ur routine like atm mr popular? i know u eat,eat,eat but training wise

[quote]RobRayner wrote:

completely off topic, wats ur routine like atm mr popular? i know u eat,eat,eat but training wise
[/quote]

He gets enough training from hunting down and killing elephants.
He eats a minimum of 2 a day. 3 when bulking.

[quote]sijun wrote:
Hi guys, I have been training for 3 years. Got lean down from skinny fat and gain 15 pounds of muscle mass over the years.

I am interested in gaining more muscle mass. What you guys feel is the best training program to gain mass? I know about nutrition part and i wanna look for a new training technique to challenge my body.

Sijun[/quote]

A healthy volume of search button reps. :wink:

Seriously this topic has been done to death lately (heck for years). Like others said, whatever will allow you to increase in strength for moderate reps on the key exercises for each muscle group, while eating more food than you are burning.

[quote]RobRayner wrote:

[/quote]

Thighs&Calves
Chest&Triceps
rest
Back&Biceps
rest
Shoulders
rest

PM me if you want more details. Wouldn’t want to hijack this golden nugget of a thread.

alright! eat more and more is the key!

Incremental gains in bodyweight + progressively heavier weights repped to failure (for all bodyparts) + Lots of protein = a huge you in the making

[quote]sijun wrote:
alright! eat more and more is the key![/quote]

Make sure your effort in the gym warrants a large food intake.

5x5 routine is most def the way to go. Core heavy lifting you got to build the core to build the body. if your nutrition is right and you keep working size will come.

One muscle group a day six days a week is also a good idea, remember when workout you utilize certain muscles even if you dont isolate them there still being used, so isolating them once a week will allow you to lift heavy and hard and still allow enough time to repair properly and grow.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
machiajelly wrote:
engerland66 wrote:

/threadx2

barf

/threadx3[/quote]

now der candy, we wouldn’t want to eat so much that we barf, that defeats the purpose. silly der candy, barfing is for bulimics.

i went from 148lbs in 06’ to 192lbs in 08’ by doing the following…

wrist curls and bicep curls w/ 10 and 15lb. respectively.

isolation. isolation. isolation.

forget big muscle groups, back and legs are trained only once a month.

focus on teres major and minor.

Don’t eat in the morning ever.

lots of fat before your workout and restrict carbs and protein for at least six hours post workout.

Real answer: eat, sleep, lift heavy, be intense, chart your progress and set goals. eat a lot. Build your house one brick at a time.

The texas method.

Let me get this right. You said you only gained 15 pounds of muscle over 3 years? I don’t get it???

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Der Candy wrote:
machiajelly wrote:
engerland66 wrote:

/threadx2

barf

/threadx3

now der candy, we wouldn’t want to eat so much that we barf, that defeats the purpose. silly der candy, barfing is for bulimics.[/quote]

I don’t want to get too big.

[quote]Wilmernuts wrote:
Let me get this right. You said you only gained 15 pounds of muscle over 3 years? I don’t get it???[/quote]

At first i was cutting my body fats, i made a mistake doing too much cardio. As a result i lost quite some muscle mass. Then, i wasnt sure of proper nutrition and muscle gaining progress wasnt fast. That’s why.