T Nation

What's That Movie?

There is a movie, I think from the 80’s, kind of a horror, where a boy buries his GI Joes when they “die” and he can’t/won’t bury snake-eyes or has to dig him up. Something bad happens, I cant’t remember. Does anyone know what movie this is?

Sounds familiar but I’m probably thinking of a different movie … does the little boy accidentally open up a portal to Hell?

Wasn’t that The Gate ??

But yeah sounds familiar heck makes me want to watch it now

[quote]Psiren wrote:
Wasn’t that The Gate ??

But yeah sounds familiar heck makes me want to watch it now[/quote]

Hmm…In “The Gate” the kids bury their dog who died…had Stephen Dorf in it. I don’t remember anything about burying G.I. Joe toys.

There was a T.V. movie that was made in the '80’s. A farmer bought his young son an “army men,” collection. The boy played with them on a dirt hill behind one of the barns. The men started multiplying, and the talked to the boy. They were telling him all the details of covert operations that went on during the Vietnam war. I can’t remenber the name of it.

Yea … I’m thinking of the Gate … I loved that movie when I was a kid

Sounds vaguely like “Small Soldiers”, probably not that movie though.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Yea … I’m thinking of the Gate … I loved that movie when I was a kid[/quote]

…all those freaky little clamation dudes from hell…

toy story

nvm it was indian and the cupboard

The Boy Who Could Fly

Thanks for the answers, I don’t know but I think I was getting The Gate and The Boy Who Could Fly mixed up. I was thinking The Gate, but couldn’t remember where the GI Joes came from.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
There is a movie, I think from the 80’s, kind of a horror, where a boy buries his GI Joes when they “die” and he can’t/won’t bury snake-eyes or has to dig him up. Something bad happens, I cant’t remember. Does anyone know what movie this is?[/quote]

The lord of the Rings