What's Seattle Like?

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
I walk to Pike Street Market every Sat no matter what the weather is so that I can get my fruits and veggies. It’s all a matter of perspective. You should make the most of any place you land.[/quote]

have you tried the giant maple bars at pike place?

I have not. But I’ve been working hard at the gym the last 11 months :wink: Who sells them?

I grew up on Vancouver Island and have been to Seattle a million times. The rain in the pacific northwest is no big deal, you get used to it. Take an umbrella everywhere you go and you’ll be fine. It’s a nice city, but a bit boring, you can always head up to Vancouver for fun though.

[quote]attydeb2005 wrote:
I have not. But I’ve been working hard at the gym the last 11 months :wink: Who sells them?[/quote]

cant recall the name, last time i got one they were a couple shops from the fish market but that was 2 yrs ago

Well sounds like you are highly recommending them? I’ll have to scope out the market to see if I can figure it out. I get to eat carbs…like once a month :wink:

yeah im a big fan of fried dough with any sort of forsting/sprinkles on them

Fried dough happens to be my arch nemesis. And I walk past Top Pot Donuts on way to and from work every day.

I love Seattle, go there about 4 times a year for work. I haven’t had the panhandling issues on the Ferry, only around the station a little. It’s a great place to roam around and explore, the city itself looks awesome, and the people are cool.

My one issue with the whole region (I work mostly in Kitsap) is that everything closes down all kinds of early.

Having a glorious sunny day in Seattle!

Generally I’ve found the people in the Pacific Northwest (Washington, British Columbia) to be among the friendliest and laid back of anywhere I’ve been in North America.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Any opinions on some of the eastern suburbs, such as Kenmore, Bellevue, Bothel, etc? Specifically, in terms of good neighborhoods, school systems for kids, etc?

Bellevue is pretty upscale. I’m sure good schools go hand-in-hand. I can find out for you on Monday which are the better neighborhoods/schools.

[quote]ghost87 wrote:
Thanks to all for your responses.

Any opinions on some of the eastern suburbs, such as Kenmore, Bellevue, Bothel, etc? Specifically, in terms of good neighborhoods, school systems for kids, etc? [/quote]

Bellevue and Bothell are pretty good places, Kenmore has its parts. Bellevue is very pretty but you pay for the ability to say you live in bellevue. You might like Redmond, its nice like bellevue but cheaper. Other areas like tukwila and renton are places you would probably want to stay away from, they are a little south of bellevue. Are you moving for work reasons?

Just FYI the freeway on the eastside (405) is really bad during rush hour, actually the traffic on the eastside in general sucks.

Mill creek is another option, real nice area. Lived there for 10 yrs, its a little west of bothell.

It’s a very attractive city but I hate the seedy counterculture.