T Nation

What's one monthly jobs report?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-administration-repeated-same-line-jobs-numbers-nearly-171329360.html

June 2012: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is informative to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available.” (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/07/06/employment-situation-june)

May 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/06/01/employment-situation-may)

April 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/05/04/employment-situation-april)

March 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/04/06/employment-situation-march)

February 2012: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report; nevertheless, the trend in job market indicators over recent months is an encouraging sign." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/03/09/employment-situation-february)

January 2012: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report; nevertheless, the trend in job market indicators over recent months is an encouraging sign." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/02/03/employment-situation-january)

December 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/01/06/employment-situation-december)

November 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/12/02/employment-situation-november)

October 2011: "The monthly employment and unemployment numbers are volatile and employment estimates are subject to substantial revision. There is no better example than August's jobs figure, which was initially reported at zero and in the latest revision increased to 104,000. This illustrates why the Administration always stresses it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/11/04/employment-situation-october)

September 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/10/07/employment-situation-september)

August 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/09/02/employment-situation-august)

July 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/08/05/employment-situation-july)

June 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/07/08/employment-situation-june)

May 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/06/03/employment-situation-may)

April 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/05/06/employment-situation-april)

March 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/04/01/employment-situation-march)

February 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/03/04/employment-situation-february)

January 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/02/04/employment-situation-january)

December 2010: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/01/07/employment-situation-december)

November 2010: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/12/03/employment-situation-november)

October 2010: "Given the volatility in monthly employment and unemployment data, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/11/05/employment-situation-october)

September 2010: "Given the volatility in the monthly employment and unemployment data, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/10/08/employment-situation-september)

July 2010: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.  It is essential that we continue our efforts to move in the right direction and replace job losses with robust job gains." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/08/06/employment-situation-july)

August 2010: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/09/03/employment-situation-august)

June 2010: "As always, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/07/02/employment-situation-june)

May 2010: "As always, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/06/04/employment-situation-may)

April 2010: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/05/07/employment-situation-april)

March 2010: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/04/02/employment-situation-march)

January 2010: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2010/02/05/employment-situation-january)

November 2009: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2009/12/04/employment-situation-november)

I got 404’d on all of them.

Is this a test?

Hey look, Sloth is back, but I think he’s flipped his Catholic (Big C Chris) lid. =]

[quote]SexMachine wrote:
Is this a test?[/quote]

B-

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Hey look, Sloth is back, but I think he’s flipped his Catholic (Big C Chris) lid. =][/quote]

D x Tp + Td^2 = R

1 x T1 + T1^2 = 2

The formula works.

“Obama administration repeats same jobs lineâ??for the 30th month”

Got it now. Missed the first link.

Here’s a graph of the participation rate I came across:

Yeah, the President does sound like a broken record. I guess what else can he say. The ideas he tried to spur the economy have not worked. A trillion dollars in stimulus spending failed. New ideas need to be tried.

I did get a kick out of the President yesterday with his usual blame others for the economic troubles. This time not only was Bush and Bain Capital to blame for the lack of jobs growth, the President went all the way back to Clinton to find fault. I guess with Obama the buck now stops with Clinton. I’m thinking with time with future jobs reports we might even hear about the failures of the first Bush President and with a little creativity Reagan from the 1980s - anyone but his own policies.

It is getting scary out there economically. Was reading further about Europe. Borrowing rates are once again through the roof and unaffordable. Lenders are loosing faith in these countries. Politicians keep making promises that they can solve the debt problem, but few believe them any longer. Europeans can not afford the life style they want to live. Much of Europe stopped inventing new products, stopped growing economy years ago, but kept spending like there was no tomorrow.

Borrowing rates remain low here in the US. America is not all that much different than Europe any longer. At some point borrowing rates will rise here too. I hope we are ready.

“The Next Euro Meltdown Begins”

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/07/07/the-next-euro-meltdown-begins/

Is anyone actually surprised that Obama, who has a background as a law professor and community organizer, was unable to fix, or even understand the economy?

I’ll say again. Once one faces the fact that these people are not trying to make this country stronger, everything they’re doing makes perfect sense. They are not idiots. They are enemies. Their fantasy world of utopian Marxist social equity does not allow for super powers. The United States has been defined as a and more recently, THE superpower the world over since WWII. He said he would transform us. He is.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Is anyone actually surprised that Obama, who has a background as a law professor and community organizer, was unable to fix, or even understand the economy? [/quote]

Agreed.

Everyone knows movie actors make the best presidents

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Is anyone actually surprised that Obama, who has a background as a law professor and community organizer, was unable to fix, or even understand the economy? [/quote]

Agreed.

Everyone knows movie actors make the best presidents[/quote]

It’s not what he did that hurts Obama, it’s what he didn’t do prior to being elected President.

Let’s take a look at that movie star Ronald Reagan. While acting Ronald Reagan ran for President of the screen actors guild. From there he retired from making films and ran for Governor of the largest state in the union, California. He was elected in 1967 and was so popular served a second term, that’s a full 8 years as the Chief Executive of California in that office his accomplishments were many. If California were a country it would have the 8th largest economy in the world! And Ronald Reagan the FORMER movie actor served as its Governor. Got that?

You want to compare that experience to Barack Obama teaching law and being a community organizer? You can even throw in his two years in the US Senate prior to running for President.

Obama literally had no executive experience prior to winning the biggest job on the planet. And damn little experience doing much else that matters. And that’s one of the reasons that he’s a joke as President!

And you dare to compare him to the great Ronald Reagan?

Fool.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Is anyone actually surprised that Obama, who has a background as a law professor and community organizer, was unable to fix, or even understand the economy? [/quote]

Agreed.

Everyone knows movie actors make the best presidents[/quote]

It’s not what he did that hurts Obama, it’s what he didn’t do prior to being elected President.

Let’s take a look at that movie star Ronald Reagan. While acting Ronald Reagan ran for President of the screen actors guild. From there he retired from making films and ran for Governor of the largest state in the union, California. He was elected in 1967 and was so popular served a second term, that’s a full 8 years as the Chief Executive of California in that office his accomplishments were many. If California were a country it would have the 8th largest economy in the world! And Ronald Reagan the FORMER movie actor served as its Governor. Got that?

You want to compare that experience to Barack Obama teaching law and being a community organizer? You can even throw in his two years in the US Senate prior to running for President.

Obama literally had no executive experience prior to winning the biggest job on the planet. And damn little experience doing much else that matters. And that’s one of the reasons that he’s a joke as President!

And you dare to compare him to the great Ronald Reagan?

Fool.

[/quote]

I’m pointing out that presidents with even less academic credentials have been good presidents.

[quote]Menthol wrote:
Yeah, the President does sound like a broken record. I guess what else can he say. The ideas he tried to spur the economy have not worked. A trillion dollars in stimulus spending failed. New ideas need to be tried.

I did get a kick out of the President yesterday with his usual blame others for the economic troubles. This time not only was Bush and Bain Capital to blame for the lack of jobs growth, the President went all the way back to Clinton to find fault. I guess with Obama the buck now stops with Clinton. I’m thinking with time with future jobs reports we might even hear about the failures of the first Bush President and with a little creativity Reagan from the 1980s - anyone but his own policies.

It is getting scary out there economically. Was reading further about Europe. Borrowing rates are once again through the roof and unaffordable. Lenders are loosing faith in these countries. Politicians keep making promises that they can solve the debt problem, but few believe them any longer. Europeans can not afford the life style they want to live. Much of Europe stopped inventing new products, stopped growing economy years ago, but kept spending like there was no tomorrow.

Borrowing rates remain low here in the US. America is not all that much different than Europe any longer. At some point borrowing rates will rise here too. I hope we are ready.

“The Next Euro Meltdown Begins”

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/07/07/the-next-euro-meltdown-begins/ [/quote]

Let’s just make it clear, Obama would blame George Washington before he took responsibility. Heck, I’m sure George the Tyrant isn’t out of the question either.

Just stick this here

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

[quote]Menthol wrote:
Yeah, the President does sound like a broken record. I guess what else can he say. The ideas he tried to spur the economy have not worked. A trillion dollars in stimulus spending failed. New ideas need to be tried.

I did get a kick out of the President yesterday with his usual blame others for the economic troubles. This time not only was Bush and Bain Capital to blame for the lack of jobs growth, the President went all the way back to Clinton to find fault. I guess with Obama the buck now stops with Clinton. I’m thinking with time with future jobs reports we might even hear about the failures of the first Bush President and with a little creativity Reagan from the 1980s - anyone but his own policies.

It is getting scary out there economically. Was reading further about Europe. Borrowing rates are once again through the roof and unaffordable. Lenders are loosing faith in these countries. Politicians keep making promises that they can solve the debt problem, but few believe them any longer. Europeans can not afford the life style they want to live. Much of Europe stopped inventing new products, stopped growing economy years ago, but kept spending like there was no tomorrow.

Borrowing rates remain low here in the US. America is not all that much different than Europe any longer. At some point borrowing rates will rise here too. I hope we are ready.

“The Next Euro Meltdown Begins”

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/wrm/2012/07/07/the-next-euro-meltdown-begins/ [/quote]

Let’s just make it clear, Obama would blame George Washington before he took responsibility. Heck, I’m sure George the Tyrant isn’t out of the question either. [/quote]

Out of all the things Obama has said blaming Bush for his (Obama’s) mistakes is probably the worst. Can anyone imagine hiring someone to say manage your investment portfolio and after 4 years of the guy losing money he actually has the audacity to blame the former manager?

I have lived through a lot of Presidential election cycles and until now I have never heard of any President blaming the former President. This is a new move by Obama and I hope he has plenty of time to think about it as a private citizen

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I’m pointing out that presidents with even less academic credentials have been good presidents.

[/quote]

Possibly the definition of a good president (much like any good manager) is to delegate important tasks to competent people.

Possibly, as far as the economy goes, Obama has failed at being a good president/manager?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Is anyone actually surprised that Obama, who has a background as a law professor and community organizer, was unable to fix, or even understand the economy? [/quote]

Agreed.

Everyone knows movie actors make the best presidents[/quote]

It’s not what he did that hurts Obama, it’s what he didn’t do prior to being elected President.

Let’s take a look at that movie star Ronald Reagan. While acting Ronald Reagan ran for President of the screen actors guild. From there he retired from making films and ran for Governor of the largest state in the union, California. He was elected in 1967 and was so popular served a second term, that’s a full 8 years as the Chief Executive of California in that office his accomplishments were many. If California were a country it would have the 8th largest economy in the world! And Ronald Reagan the FORMER movie actor served as its Governor. Got that?

You want to compare that experience to Barack Obama teaching law and being a community organizer? You can even throw in his two years in the US Senate prior to running for President.

Obama literally had no executive experience prior to winning the biggest job on the planet. And damn little experience doing much else that matters. And that’s one of the reasons that he’s a joke as President!

And you dare to compare him to the great Ronald Reagan?

Fool.

[/quote]

I’m pointing out that presidents with even less academic credentials have been good presidents.

[/quote]

Like hell you were. Academic credentials were not even the point of my post as you well know. I was pointing out the fact that Obama had ZIP for real world executive experience, and damn little else that would qualify him for the highest office in the land. And like the wise ass liberal you are you were trying to mock the fact that Ronald Reagan used to be an actor in one of his many real world jobs before becoming Governor of California and then President. Go feed your crap to some of the others who are more gullible.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Is anyone actually surprised that Obama, who has a background as a law professor and community organizer, was unable to fix, or even understand the economy? [/quote]

Agreed.

Everyone knows movie actors make the best presidents[/quote]

It’s not what he did that hurts Obama, it’s what he didn’t do prior to being elected President.

Let’s take a look at that movie star Ronald Reagan. While acting Ronald Reagan ran for President of the screen actors guild. From there he retired from making films and ran for Governor of the largest state in the union, California. He was elected in 1967 and was so popular served a second term, that’s a full 8 years as the Chief Executive of California in that office his accomplishments were many. If California were a country it would have the 8th largest economy in the world! And Ronald Reagan the FORMER movie actor served as its Governor. Got that?

You want to compare that experience to Barack Obama teaching law and being a community organizer? You can even throw in his two years in the US Senate prior to running for President.

Obama literally had no executive experience prior to winning the biggest job on the planet. And damn little experience doing much else that matters. And that’s one of the reasons that he’s a joke as President!

And you dare to compare him to the great Ronald Reagan?

Fool.

[/quote]

I’m pointing out that presidents with even less academic credentials have been good presidents.

[/quote]

Reagan had a degree in economics.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Like hell you were. Academic credentials were not even the point of my post as you well know.
[/quote]

You are an idiot. I read your post as is.

You ripped on Obama for only being a law professor and I pointed out there have successful president with less education.