T Nation

What's on Your Playlist?

To me, music is life. You feeling a certain way nothing nods in agreement more than a song you can relate to. wipes away tear Now I’m back. Does anyone have a playlist? The kind you can fuck up a gym to? I love to have my aggression nice and high before I set foot in the gym. Whats on your list?

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:
To me, music is life. You feeling a certain way nothing nods in agreement more than a song you can relate to. wipes away tear Now I’m back. Does anyone have a playlist? The kind you can fuck up a gym to? I love to have my aggression nice and high before I set foot in the gym. Whats on your list?[/quote]

New ASAP Rocky album…has a couple good “fuck up the gym” songs as elegantly put it lol :wink:

To me, music is life. You feeling a certain way nothing nods in agreement more than a song you can relate to. wipes away tear Now I’m back. Does anyone have a playlist? The kind you can fuck up a gym to? I love to have my aggression nice and high before I set foot in the gym. Whats on your list?[/quote]

You look familiar.

I have 2 different playlist. what is hip hop in the other 1 is rock. I’ve never played both in the same day cause the last time I did, I think assaulted a cop… I woke up with a sheriff uniform and a taser… Hmmm. Well, here’s my rock list. System of a Down Sugar, At the Drive In One Arm Scissor & Arcarsenal, Mudvayne Dig, Hatebreed I Will Be Heard, SOAD X, Apex Theory Shhh…, RATM Bulls on Parade, Fugazi Waiting Room, Mars Volta Meccamputechture, Sparta Cut Your Ribbom, From Autumn To Ashes Cherry Kiss, Iron Maiden The Trooper, Pantera Walk… If that doesnt cause you do something leadin you get banned from your local Anytime Fitness, nothing will!

For hip hop: Lil Wayne Rollin’, 2 Chainz Riot (I think I bent a 25 lb plate to this song), Paul Wall Dey Dont Know, Future, Itchin’ remix, Waka Flaka O Let Do It & Round of Applause, Space Jam sountrack Hit Em High, Ice Cube No Vaseline, Lil Keke I’m A G, 2 Pac Hit Em Up, Bone Thugs E1999 & foe da love money, Jay Z PSA, Crime Mobb Knuck If Ya Buck, Lil Jon Bia Bia, Lil Scrappy Headbussas, Dj Khaled Im SoHood Remix& Go Hard, Rick Ross Hold Me Back, 50 Cent Wanksta, Jeezy Put On… Damn I got fired up just writing that.

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:

New ASAP Rocky album…has a couple good “fuck up the gym” songs as elegantly put it lol ;)[/quote]

That album goes STUPID!!! Her pistol go, bang, bang, bang…

I frequently listen to The Cult Beyond Good and Evil at the gym. It’s a good album, I quite enjoy it for working out.

I have 2 different playlist. what is hip hop in the other 1 is rock. I’ve never played both in the same day cause the last time I did, I think assaulted a cop… I woke up with a sheriff uniform and a taser… Hmmm. Well, here’s my rock list. System of a Down Sugar, At the Drive In One Arm Scissor & Arcarsenal, Mudvayne Dig, Hatebreed I Will Be Heard, SOAD X, Apex Theory Shhh…, RATM Bulls on Parade, Fugazi Waiting Room, Mars Volta Meccamputechture, Sparta Cut Your Ribbom, From Autumn To Ashes Cherry Kiss, Iron Maiden The Trooper, Pantera Walk… If that doesnt cause you do something leadin you get banned from your local Anytime Fitness, nothing will!
[/quote]

Dude…haven’t heard anyone even mention At the Drive In since I was like 14 lol! Used to love them

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I generally make sure I have at least one heavier rock album on my mp3 player all the time… This usually means I’m listening to Slipknot, Mudvayne, Rise Against, Bad Religion, NIN or Rage Against the Machine while I’m lifting (though I’m sure I forgot a few). Creating a designated playlist is too much hassle to me.

It’s deadlift day :slight_smile:

lately all I’ve been listening to is The Mechanical Hand album, by Horse the Band. It’s Nintendocore but it fucking kicks ass for the gym

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Olivia Newton-John’s “Let’s Get Physical” and “Have You Ever Been Mellow” have been rocking my world inside the gym for a generation and a half.[/quote]

Pfff. Lite-weight!

You gotta go with ‘Dancing Queen’ and ‘Afternoon Delight’.

also good for the gym

Kvelertak (their only album)

Kataklysm (Shadows and Dust album)

Dark Tranquility (Character album)

just listen to this song, how can you not make a PR?

My workout playlist is a mix of hard rock, hip hop, and some electronic/dj stuff. Linkin Park, Sevendust, Eminem, 2pac, Godsmack, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Yellawolf and Skrillex all have more than a couple spots in my mix.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:

You look familiar.[/quote]

He looks like Lewhitehurst. With different glasses and more height and less age.

I like to put the As I Lay Dying station on Pandora.

So many good jams.

volbeat- sad man’s tongue

I always loved Rammstein but recently I’ve mainly been listening to Eisbrecher during my workouts:

Ich tu dir weh by Rammstein is probably still my #1 workout song though:

And yes, I know what ‘Ich tu dir weh’ is about… and I prefer to ignore it and love the music. lol

My playlist is always rocking. I have some Deftones, NIN, Otep, Rage Against the Machine and Pantera just to name a few.

I usually keep a lot of Metal and blues type stuff on my ipod.