What's Next? Strength, Mixed/Mid-Rep Range or Crossfit?

Alright. You lift more weight on the bench press than:

1. The untrained population
  2. Noobs
  3. People who train but don’t take it seriously because they have better things to do.

Good job!

2 Likes

Even if I were to accept your premise that most people are untrained, and thus cannot bench their own bodyweight… the fact that you go to a nice gym, have consistent access to weight training equipment, have been training for 10 years, and are still at the strength level you’re at is appalling. I was EXTRAORDINARILY weak when I first touched a barbell. I weighed 125 lbs at 18 years old, 5’10" tall. But I could still move an empty 45 lbs bar, and I could bench press half my bodyweight (which was only 62 lbs). And as a side note, it’s kinda funny that you used skinny people as your benchmark for people who have trouble benching bodyweight, as its far more difficult for fat people to do so.

But anyway. Within months of beginning weight training, I bench pressed my bodyweight. After my first year of lifting, I had gained 25-30 lbs, and I could bench press 200 lbs at 150 lbs bodyweight. And my training was garbage! I had no idea what I was doing, I didn’t run any sort of legitimate program, I just went to the weight room and did upper body lifts.

So yea, that’s why you’re getting called out.