T Nation

What's Next for UFC Heavies?

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
1)Velasquez and Dos Santos(trains with Nog and Silva)are the two young heavyweights to really pay close attention to.

2)I think its time to give Carwin a legit opponent.

3)I would toss Antoni Hardonk into the mix as well…I would love to see Hardonk strike it out with Kongo.

4)Gonzaga will be top contender when the HW title is settled.

5)The HW division has a heartbeat again…about damn time.[/quote]

partial to Hardonk, Rickson JJ and holland style muay thai, plus he finished Sherman Pendergast with one leg kick,

Sorry for going off topic on here but everytime I look at Therizza’s Don Fry pick, I think of a quote I heard him say about his IFL team. They had a poor showing against another team and Fry said his team “fought like reverse transvestites.” What the hell is that? I just thought it was hilarous and thought everyone on here would think it was funny also.

[quote]apbt55 wrote:
partial to Hardonk, Rickson JJ and holland style muay thai, plus he finished Sherman Pendergast with one leg kick, [/quote]

Sounds good when you put it that way…much better than his 7-4 record against mostly nobodies. Maybe he can fight Kimbo.

Its a shame that Josh Barnett and the UFC cant get along.

He is pretty talented but I dont ever see it happening.

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Its a shame that Josh Barnett and the UFC cant get along.

He is pretty talented but I dont ever see it happening.

[/quote]

He would need to stay clean consistantly. Not sure he can or wants to do that.

^^
Are you saying you think everybody in the UFC is clean?

I think you know that is not true.

From what Barnett has been saying hes not keen on UFC, Which is a huge shame seeing as Barnett is one of my favorite fighters.

Id also like to see arona come back, but hes been absent since his nasty loss to Soko

[quote]otoko wrote:
^^
Are you saying you think everybody in the UFC is clean?

I think you know that is not true.[/quote]

Definately cleaner. go back a watch the pre-testing days. You have to atleast make an effort to pass a test. That probably means we will only get to see him here once a year. It’s a shame. I really would like to see him fight the very best.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
apbt55 wrote:
partial to Hardonk, Rickson JJ and holland style muay thai, plus he finished Sherman Pendergast with one leg kick,

Sounds good when you put it that way…much better than his 7-4 record against mostly nobodies. Maybe he can fight Kimbo.[/quote]

Yeah, that I would like to see, just said I was partial to him, I think his major problem is with transitioning,

A lot of HW fighters are good strikers or good grapplers or both, but have a really hard time putting them together and using the skills interchangably.

Nogueira will beat both Mir and then will submit Brock, I think Brock could never beat Nogueira. Anyways, if Fedor starts fighting UFC HW he would get the belt in no time and become a HW Anderson Silva, there is just nobody who is able to face him.

[quote]Player wrote:
Nogueira will beat both Mir and then will submit Brock, I think Brock could never beat Nogueira. Anyways, if Fedor starts fighting UFC HW he would get the belt in no time and become a HW Anderson Silva, there is just nobody who is able to face him.
[/quote]
x2

[quote]strangec wrote:
Player wrote:
Nogueira will beat both Mir and then will submit Brock, I think Brock could never beat Nogueira. Anyways, if Fedor starts fighting UFC HW he would get the belt in no time and become a HW Anderson Silva, there is just nobody who is able to face him.

x2

[/quote]

x3
Fedor is anderson + 50 lbs

I started a thread on this but I don’t see it yet, still some what of a newbe on here.