What's My Test Cyp Dosage? How to Fill Syringe?

I’m a little confused on what my Test Cyp dosage weekly is.

My doc wants me to conduct subQ injections (0.25ml) on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. How much test cyp is that weekly? Also, if I’m using a 1ml syringe do I pull back to the 25 mark?

Is there dosage levels for dummies? Thanks in advance and please forgive my ignorance.

If the vial is 200mg then you’re injecting 50mg, if the vial is 100mg then you’re injecting 25mg. You’re correct about the syringe, .25 mark.

25% of 200 is 50, 25% of 100 is 25.

Thanks system lord – This is what I was told from my doc’s office.

“0.25ml every other day, that would mean you are doing 0.875ml of Testosterone a week. If the Testosterone is 200mg/ml, that would mean you are injecting 175mg a week”

SHBG is low like mine, I’m on EOD as well. Are you on an AI? Most require an AI at that dosage, what about HCG?

Why don’t you start a thread with your labs and symptoms and description of you protocol?

Also consider injecting with #29 1/2" 0.5ml insulin syringe. A 1.0 ml syringe with wider plunger will inject slower, basic hydraulics. Injecting over top of legs allows you to relax and avoid visible surface veins.

As you can see, best to discuss injections by mg not volumes.

1 Like

systemlord - below are my numbers and the protocol I’m getting ready to start. I changed my Doc, as my previous one would not assign an AI and only cared about totalT and freeT. Since Feb 17 I’ve been injecting anywhere from 100 - 200 test cyp IM one time per week.

Protocol I’m starting when I get my goods are:

1. Test Cyp - Mon, Wed, Fri (50mg each injection) subQ
  2. HCG - Mon, Wed, Fri (300IUs)
  3. AI two times per week - 0.125 (as you will see my E2 was 34.8 – the Doc kinda through me off a bit. Said only take it if I’m feeling symptoms of high E2)

Also, I had a complete thyroid panel draw today. As you will see below there appears to be an issue. We will see.

This is my last go with TRT and all. If I still feel like crap I’m probably going to walk away from it all, as I have not felt any different in the past year.

46 years old
238 lbs
23% BF
Cardio & Strength Training 5-6 days per week

Lab results below via LabCorps:

Testosterone, Serum 620 ng/dL (first lab in Jan 17 was 284 total t) – Range: 264 - 916

Free Testosterone: 13.9 pg/mL – Range: 6.8 - 21.5

Dihydrotestosterone: 47 ng/dL – Range: 30-85

DHEA-Sulfate: 26.1 – Range: 71.6 - 375.4

TSH: 6.080 – Range: 0.450 - 4.500

LH: 0.1 – Range: 1.7 - 8.6

Estradiol, Sensitive: 34.8 – Range: 8.0 - 35.0

Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum: 12.9 – Range: 16.5 - 55.9

You need to fix your thyroid before you start messing with your TRT dosage as you’re spinning your wheels and you will feel like crap on any TRT dose with that screwed up thyroid. Your thyroid is a big problem and that is the reason why TRT isn’t working, your thyroid is lagging behind and can’t keep up with the metabolic rate of good testosterone levels. It’s also the reason why your SHBG is low, fix thyroid which will increase SHBG which will allow TRT to work

You probably will need to inject every day with SHBG that low, no wonder it’s taking you so long to feel good. The issue is you’re dumping most of your T into your urine, you need more shots for TRT to make a difference.

Where is your fT3, fT4 and rT3 hormone test? TSH alone tell you squat about your thyroid, it shows the signing hormone is good or not, but nothing of your actual thyroid hormones. Most doctors are clueless about it. Your adrenal glands aren’t producing enough DHEA, you got multiple issues going on.

I just got the blood work today to test:

TEST ORDERED (TOTAL 6):

1. Reverse T3, Serum
  2. TSH
  3. Thyroglobulin Antibody
  4. Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab
  5. Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct, S
  6. Triiodothyronine,Free,Serum

So do you think this is fixable?

Once you fix the thyroid you should start feeling much better. The reason your TSH is high is because your body senses it’s low in thyroid hormones and raises TSH in response, essentially yelling at your thyroid to increase hormones only your thyroid isn’t getting the message. So over time your TSH continually increases until you end up with insanely high TSH. When thyroid issues are fixed SHBG should increase, sometimes T increases along with it.

Thanks! We will se what happens when I get the results back. I just hope that I can get this addressed.