What's My Next Step?

Hey guys,

I’ll jump straight ahead to the facts. I’ve been traning for almost 2 years, but unfortunately with some breaks ( injuries,illnesses and so on ) so I am basically pretty weak.
I am 6’1 and 92kg heavy my strength in the main lifts are as followed :

BP : 150pounds
Squat : 190 pounds
Deadlift : 250pounds
MP : 90pounds ; all 1 RM

I simply dont know how I should go on from here. I considered SS , but I am note sure if I was able to progress every week, since my body is pretty used to weightlifting ( due to the “experience”). What would you recommend ? I just want to keep it simple, pick a routine you recommend and start right away.

So what exactly is the problem? You’ve been training for less than 2 years and have lifts like that. Those are reasonable numbers for a beginner. Give yourself credit. Most guys in the gym are scared of the big lifts, you’ve got determination.

What has been your program and diet to this point? Initial guess is that a boost in protein might do wonders.

Lots of programs, but they have the same things in common:

Squats, bench, DL, press.
Push at them, but not everyday.
Majority of lifts are fraction of 1RM at 10 reps, 8 reps, 5 reps, or triples

my last program has been something like a normal upper lower body split.
I guess diet was good too, I ate something like 270g of Protein each day. Thats not really the problem here. I am just looking for a routine to start again.

Since you bought it up, SS. Be consistent. See you in 6 months where you will move to Texas method. In that order.

And your diet is not that good, judging from the way you are talking. to coin a phrase “What did you actually eat yesterday?”

I usually train fasted, since I train very early in the morning.
So acutally yesterday looked like this :

10g BCAA
Training
150g Oats + Fruit + 200g Tuna + 200g Cottage Cheese + Sweet Corn
300g of Chicken + Broccoli and Tomato Sauce
Salad with eggs and low fat feta

It only were about 2500 cal, but I will increase them slightly the next few days, just as I will increase Carbs the next few days. But basically my sources of food are these :

protein : chicken, turkey, protein powder, tuna, cottage cheese , milk, eggs
Carbs : oats, rice, vegetables and fruits ( rarely pasta )
fats : avocado, coconut stuff, peanut butter , eggs

[quote]lastpub wrote:
I usually train fasted, since I train very early in the morning.
So acutally yesterday looked like this :

10g BCAA
Training
150g Oats + Fruit + 200g Tuna + 200g Cottage Cheese + Sweet Corn
300g of Chicken + Broccoli and Tomato Sauce
Salad with eggs and low fat feta

It only were about 2500 cal, but I will increase them slightly the next few days, just as I will increase Carbs the next few days. But basically my sources of food are these :

protein : chicken, turkey, protein powder, tuna, cottage cheese , milk, eggs
Carbs : oats, rice, vegetables and fruits ( rarely pasta )
fats : avocado, coconut stuff, peanut butter , eggs[/quote]

Do you really think that added up to 2500 cals? That looks like…breakfast to me.

absolutely, since it were like 7 eggs and 200g cheese ; this added together is about 800cals

I’d recommend getting protein up. Seven eggs sounds like a lot, but one serving of my protein shake has the equivalent of 6 eggs in it, and I have several of those during the day, in addition to meals. BTW, I’m about your size and strength level, I really have to work to build anything.

Tuna, chicken, steak, fish, pork, anything, everything, pack it down, more than you think you need.

5/3/1