What's Industrial Music All About?

Front 242

Static-X

My favorite song off of the downward spiral:

Now off to the gym I go! I’ll post more songs with ya’ll later.

[quote]AttackOfTheChris wrote:
My favorite song off of the downward spiral:

Now off to the gym I go! I’ll post more songs with ya’ll later. [/quote]
x2 always on my playlist “You didn’t hurt me, nothing can hurt me.”

Cool.

Song says it all.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
It is Goth in it’s purest form,
[/quote]

But, but, but…What about Bauhaus, Joy Division, and Siouxie and the Banshees? Is it time to throw my regency shirt and velvet suit away? Say it isn’t so!

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
I’d kinda forgotten just how fucking awesome Zen Arcade was(is). I gotta dig out this cd and rip this to my workout playlist (actually, I might have this on vinyl!! lol)

Listen to this:

Then:
[/quote]

Yep! I still have those Husker Du albums… on vinyl! Even “Wharehouse…”. They were the soundtrack of my life back in the day. Put on an awesome show. Even today Bob Mould still effin’ kills live solo.

[quote]ether_bunny wrote:

[/quote]

But, but, but…What about Bauhaus, Joy Division, and Siouxie and the Banshees? Is it time to throw my regency shirt and velvet suit away? Say it isn’t so!
[/quote]

Lol. I think he might have been reffering more to the subject matter rather than bands. I still wear my Bauhaus and Joy Division shirts proudly.

Here is some Killing Joke, their early stuff being kind of a prototype for Industrial Rock.

Killing Joke – good stuff.

I enjoyed Husker Du, hadn’t heard them before.

Freakin classic:

Old Skinny Puppy:

New:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol. I think he might have been reffering more to the subject matter rather than bands. I still wear my Bauhaus and Joy Division shirts proudly. [/quote]

you’re trying to get another blowjob, huh?

nice save!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lol. I think he might have been reffering more to the subject matter rather than bands. I still wear my Bauhaus and Joy Division shirts proudly. [/quote]

you’re trying to get another blowjob, huh?

nice save!
[/quote]

Hellz yeah son, I love me some blowjays.

Good thing you bring up Skinny Puppy. One of the first ever industrial bands I ever listened to who got me into this.

btw Rammstein sucks big time. My opinion only? Too commercial. Don’t like commercial.

Surprised no has mentioned Die Krupps yet!

Man its my first time listening to this stuff. Weird. Its all im gonna say.

ive been a trent reznor fan since pretty hate machine. he keeps it simple while conveying his message, and he isnt out there to impress anyone or try to portray himself as something he is not. he really just doesnt care what you think, he NEVER does encores at his concerts and he doesnt talk, which i think is sweet as well. but he doeslove his fans.

I think he is very unique in that he does remixes and re releases of his albums, its very interesting. he also encourages people to make fan videos, and he released his last album ‘the slip’ with all its sounds files on his website so people could decontstruct it and play around with it.

his singles off of the slip were left by him on a usb drive in a bathroom in a concert down in south america somewhere and were encouraged to be leaked online

NIN ruled the strip clubs in the 90’s and early 2000’s. Many lap dances to NIN, I also have them on my ipod to lift to.