T Nation

What's Hot and What's Not

Ok guys time to vent about legal products here. What Im looking for is you guys the back bone of the supplement industry to tell me what works and what just fucking sucks. Is it a waste of money or is the next best thing. we the consumers are responsible for a billion dollar market every year. Each year a company comes out and spoon feeds us all this hype about the answer to steroids. Well 99% of the time we spent hundreds of our hard earned money only to be let down. Maybe we can save the next guy a few dollars or help him make the riht decision. we need to look out for one another because the magazines and supplement makers certaintly will NOT! Ok guys Poor it on. Ill start

Armitest------Nay tried it got nothing out of it. might as well have ate dirt.

Erogopharms 6OXO----- I have taken this on many occasions and it seems to restore my natural test production very well. However I take a multitude of natural supplements you can get anywhere.

Garlic in gel caps----Hey Garlic doesnt get enough attention. When stacking a shit load with the 6OXO it helps. Its a natural test booster. However you need largeamounts, but its cheap so eat it up.

Creatine-----It works for me but Im not up to speed on who makes the best. You guys tell me what works

Protein - Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey

Creatine - BSN Cellmass

NO - Controlled Labs White Flood

My body responded really well to the aforementioned products.

I am cognisant that Biotest is the major sponsor of TN, but I am yet to try any Biotest supps. No one in my gym has even heard of Biotest. Probably cos we are in Oz.

Have you tried the Egg protein from ON

[quote]mrsony wrote:
NO - Controlled Labs White Flood

My body responded really well to the aforementioned products.

[/quote]

Doubtful.

BSN is being sued because their cellmass doesn’t actually include what it states on the nutritional label…it was found to have regular ol’ creatine monohydrate. You got dooped.

Don’t waste your money on:

NO anything
Creatine that costs more than $20
Anything that looks and sounds like steroids but is really just crap
Cortisol “blockers” along with 90% of the so called “fat burners” out there
Protein powders that claim to do anything more than supplement your protein intake

creatine from here works well for me, as does the ZMA, Grow! Whey and HOT-ROX (during my cut)…

beyond that I like my carsons fish oil and copious amount of omega 3 eggs and whole milk…

[quote]Dubbz wrote:
BSN is being sued because their cellmass doesn’t actually include what it states on the nutritional label…it was found to have regular ol’ creatine monohydrate. You got dooped. [/quote]

Regardless, I observed a notable increase in strength and endurance when I was using Cellmass. However, someone else at my gym mentioned what you said. In my next Creatine cycle, I am going to try Geen Magnitude by Controlled Labs. Heard some good feedback on this product.

[quote]mrsony wrote:
Dubbz wrote:
BSN is being sued because their cellmass doesn’t actually include what it states on the nutritional label…it was found to have regular ol’ creatine monohydrate. You got dooped.

Regardless, I observed a notable increase in strength and endurance when I was using Cellmass. However, someone else at my gym mentioned what you said. In my next Creatine cycle, I am going to try Geen Magnitude by Controlled Labs. Heard some good feedback on this product.[/quote]

It’s not neccessarily the product though… In my life all things are never kept equal for me to be able to ever attribute improvements to any one factor (for instance amount of sleep and quality of sleep).

The only supps I use are fish oil, protein powder and sometimes ZMA and creatine.

The controlled labs stuff is good. You can definately notice a difference in your workouts aerobic capacity. I got some samples a while back of the purple wrath, white flood, etc. I think they have a green something too. I was doing some hard circuits and these supps made them significantly easier. I think it was the beta-alanine in the product, but I have taken beta-alanine on its own and have not had that kind of a workout.

Its funny how people will dismiss a supp because is falls under a certain category or brand, but they have never tried it.

I got quite a bit of samples from by brother who works at a supp store, I’ll review some here:

BSN Atrophex - Fat burner with Rasberry burps like HRX, works great for mood enhancement and to cut you up

HRX - I’ve used this product before it works well and the Carbolin 19 is a bonus

Gaspari Size On - I’m skeptical of any creatine product not dirt cheap, but this was free. This is a good product start taking it when you get worn out toward the end of your workouts. You immediately feel like you can go longer and I’m heavier than I have ever been after using a tub of this stuff, cut up too.

Too many NO products to name - Some of these are definately better than others. I like Fast Twitch by Cytosport because it is Caffeine free, Gasparis Superpump works, but it might as well be named Superdump because you are heading to the bathroom. Good thing I train at home! Star Chem Labs has Armegeddon which kind of made me feel sick, but their creatine/BCAA product Evolution is good stuff. Like the Size On I felt the instant pick up in this product towards the end of my workouts. I would like to pick some more of this stuff up.

Happy Camper - a feel good supp that is good for anxiety and chilling on the couch, i liked it

SuperPep - suppose to put a pep in your step, I felt nothing

Muscle Milk - Good tasting stuff, maybe not the best ingredients, but in a pinch you can’t go wrong here. I prefer Cookies and Cream and Strawberry.