What's Happened to the Figure Athletes?

It has been stated by a few of the people affiliated with T-Nation that the FA site would no longer have articles posted. I read this probably early this year, if not last year.

I disagree with the quality articles comment. I think they’ve really stepped it up recently.

As for the images, I completely agree. I’m all for sexy sluts, but not when I want to see a girl that has actually put effort toward looking good and being healthy. SAMA is there for a reason, T-Nation.

I agree with you, Miss Joycey, except about the decline in the quality of the articles on the main site. If Tyler PK4L’s post above is correct, it looks like the FA site is shutting down. What a shame! FA had some terrific contributions, and the value of the information wasn’t just limited to females.

As for the photos - I definitely appreciate them - but you’re right that many of the women don’t even look like they lift. Far too many women delude themselves that serious lifting will make them look manly. We need MORE photos of beautiful women who obviously love to lift heavy.

I hadn’t noticed a decline in the articles. I always looked over there for the articles and I probably should have helped support the site more by posting. But now FA evolved into what seems to be women who want to blog about their training.

Although I gave Wet Wolf a hard time about one of his articles, I see that he is still answering questions which is great.

As for the Figure Athletes on the home page, well nooooo, not all of them are figure athletes, but as we saw with the Pauline Nordine (or as I call her, Paula) interview, this site is geared towards men as are those pictures. There is a variety of body types in regards to musculature that will appeal to all different types of men. This is first a men’s site.

It is too bad about the FA site. For a while it looked like they were improving it and adding content, but not any more. I always thought the site had good info and the articles were usually informative too. Hopefully the girls from FA find their way over here to the Powerful Women and Muscle Sorority sections.

Regarding the pics, I actually had the same thought recently. They aren’t really Figure Athletes per se, just really hot chicks with the occasional FA thrown in the mix. It used to be 100% figure girls. I love the look of the real FAs, but I can’t argue against hotties in any form.

I noticed the same thing, everyone stopped posting…It’s like in that M Night movie where the bee’s vanished. Your legs look freaking awesome by the way.

I may be wrong about the discontinuing articles thing. I know I read it though. Maybe they changed their minds about that.
As the OP stated, there haven’t been any new articles in a while there. The only other explanation that I can think of is that most authors don’t write gender specific articles (other than some of the jokes and pictures). Most of the training and nutrition information can be held as true for both men and women.

We (the majority) don’t look down upon women here. Everyone that is serious about lifting is invited and has their own subforum, and everyone is invited to take part in the little games people play on the less important forums.

[quote]TylerPK4L wrote:
I may be wrong about the discontinuing articles thing. I know I read it though. Maybe they changed their minds about that.
As the OP stated, there haven’t been any new articles in a while there. The only other explanation that I can think of is that most authors don’t write gender specific articles (other than some of the jokes and pictures). Most of the training and nutrition information can be held as true for both men and women.

We (the majority) don’t look down upon women here. Everyone that is serious about lifting is invited and has their own subforum, and everyone is invited to take part in the little games people play on the less important forums. [/quote]

They have discontinued new articles. They have a thread about it over on FA.

Wow… a lot of responses. I’ll get to work:

Firstly, please let me state that I agree with several of you that the T-Nation article quality remains high (and I do love Wet Wolf), FA on the other hand seemed to fall before they stopped posting. Thanks, OctoberGirl and Tylerpk4l, for bringing that to my attention.

WolBarret, one of these days, I will.

Thanks to everyone for the responses though. I just had to put the feelers out there. I’m not questioning at all whether the girls photo’d and featured lately are hot, because… look at them! LOL. They are! I just wondered where all of our strong chicks went.