What's Good to Eat Before Bed?

I am wondering what are some healthy snacks/meals to eat before bed. I eat 4 to 5 meals a day. I dont know if some things are good. Is fruit a good idea? I have been eating a ham/turkey and cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with milk.

No, fruit is not a good idea. Nor is the bread and milk. I’d personally go with a slow digesting protein source (micellar casein), fish oil, and some natural PB (sometimes not if I’m in a strict fat loss phase).

Yeah, stay away from the carb sources when you’re going to bed.

PB and a protein shake works well for me.

Fat and protein, man. Fat and protein.

My preference is a shake w/ 2 tbsp of olive oil maybe an hour before bed.
PB and fish oil would certainly work, too. Try a bunch of things and see what works for you.
Also, avoid milk before bed; although it’s not high glycemic, it’s going to raise insulin levels, which you don’t want elevated before bed.

cottage cheese

I usually eat chicken then take fish oil and flaxseed right before bed

[quote]Wildman90 wrote:
I usually eat chicken then take fish oil and flaxseed right before bed[/quote]

yep, a piece of meat, usually hamburger, and fish oil for me

Like the ghoul said, healthy fats and slow digesting proteins.

I have a Metabolic Drive shake with whatever healthy fat(s) I feel like that night.

BTW here’s an article TC wrote about the topic.

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/product/nighttime_blues&cr=specialReports

What is the best type of peanut butter to buy? Do you put the peanut butter on anything or just eat it out of the jar?

I found the natural peanut butter at the store to be great. Be careful and check the labels, 'cause the so-called “Natural” jars actually have tons of bullshit. I get the one that just lists something to the effect of “ground peanuts, salt,” and very little else. I actually found a jar of “healthy” peanut butter with High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. What bullshit!!

Be sure you check it before you buy it.

I use Smuckers all natural PB and eat it out of the jar with 2 stalks of celery about 30min-hour before bed, so far so good.

I have a Metabolic Drive Complete shake with a serving of Flameout

[quote]hockeylifter7 wrote:
What is the best type of peanut butter to buy? Do you put the peanut butter on anything or just eat it out of the jar?[/quote]

Just get the crunchy natural stuff. Like the other guy said, should be like 0 more ingredients than peanuts, salt. And stuff tasted 10x better than the typical manufactured crap.

I just eat it out of the jar.

Cottage Cheese is good stuff for pre-sleep food.

A steak is great eats pre-bed.

I save the Metabolic Drive for middle of the night snack.

I read a thread on here before about eating natural peanut butter mixed with cottage cheese. I tried it and loved it.

I’ll go for any of the following:

Met Drive shake and spoon nat peanut butter (or some fish oil caps)

Cottage cheese and cashews

Oreos and milk :slight_smile: (hey, I earned it! I train damn hard!)

S