T Nation

What's Going to Happen to Me?

Okay guys I plan on running this cycle:

Test E 500 mgs a wk 1-12
Decca 300 mgs a wk 1-10
PCT Nolvadex Wk’s 14-17

As of right now I weigh 218 lbs. with around 12-14%BF I’ve been stuffing my face and it’s the heaviest I’ve ever been. I dont eat when I’m hungry I eat when I’m not full :)! Anyway two more pounds and I will be at 220… I plan on running my cycle at that weight but I will be following CT’s refined physique transformation article…

The diet will be ~75 G carbs with a carb up every 7th day of 220 G carbs. Around 350 g of protein a day and ~150 g of fat a day. My food choices will be healthy and nutrient dense.

This all boils down to the question of since I will be eating at a caloric deficit but I will also be on anabolics will I add weight (because of the gear) or drop weight from the diet. The GOAL is to stay at 220 but get down to single digit BF while keeping my muscle… Sound possible? Never done this before and this will be my first cycle.

the cylce looks fine if you want to use it to put on weight not really the best steroids for a cut, but it’s really the diet and training, not the compounds used that are most important to acheive the desired goals.

I don’t know why you would want to use AAS to try and loose bodyfat when u could easily loose it without the juice following a good diet and training program.
12-14% isnt really that high and u could easily diet below 10% naturally in a fairly short period of time.

IMO the only time you should use juice to cut is if your dieting down for a comp and consuming a very large calorie deficit diet. and you should especially not use AAS to cut if its your first cycle

sure if you do this first cycle now you will retain your weight and loose bodyfat most likly putting on lean mass as well but you will be much better off in the long run if you diet down naturally and save the steroids when they will be of most benefit, in a bulk or gain phase.

so in answering your question whether you stay at 220 or not depends on the size of the caloric deficit, but its deffinatly doable. but i dont reccomend it

Brent

How long are you going to maintain 220lbs before you start to cut bodyfat?

It is important to keep calories at maintanence level for a little while after you reach 220lbs.

The deca is excessive for a first cycle with the goal of bodyfat reduction. 500mg of T is plenty anabolic to maintain muscle if only looking to get to 8-9% (assuming you don’t have the worst genetics in history)

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
How long are you going to maintain 220lbs before you start to cut bodyfat?

It is important to keep calories at maintanence level for a little while after you reach 220lbs.

The deca is excessive for a first cycle with the goal of bodyfat reduction. 500mg of T is plenty anabolic to maintain muscle if only looking to get to 8-9% (assuming you don’t have the worst genetics in history)[/quote]

2x
also your cycle is unnecessarily long. If you are not cutting for a certain event, then cut the cycle down to under 12 weeks of suppression.
I would run eight weeks of test only on the same diet. Dieting with gear can be tricky because you will initially experience some weight gain due to water retention. I dont recommend it for your first cycle. I would cut naturally until you are around 10% then add in the gear. IMO you wont start losing a good portion of your muscle (assuming a proper diet) until under 10%bf.

Thanks everyone… I hear you IFBB the reason why I’m doing this cycle is to perserve muscle mass and even maybe add some while dieting. I have done this before with no Anabolics I went from a solid 210 to 175 ripped but lost alot of muscle and I dont want that to happen again… Finally I worked my way back up the scale and I’ll be damned if I lose it all hence I’ve decided to cycle while dieting.

Goal is to get as lean as possible! I really mean that, if i can get down to 4% I’m game!.. As for shortening it The compounds I’m running are Test-E and decca. I hear decca shouldnt be run shorter than 10 wks and that being said I need to run the test at least a week longer to not lose libido function. Maybe I should frontload both to shorten it up a bit?

Everyone is saying I shouldnt do this unless I’m preparing for a comp/event… Although I’m not I may give it a shot depending on how I come along I’ve never done this before so I’m not sure what’s going to happen hence the thread name… But If i dont do a comp I still want to treat my dieting/training as if I were doing one that way nothing is half-ass’d and I go all out getting the most out of this.

[quote]LilDaDDyDreW wrote:
I have done this before with no Anabolics I went from a solid 210 to 175 ripped but lost alot of muscle and I dont want that to happen again…
[/quote]

You either didnt have as much muscle as you thought, or your diet was not properly planned. There is no reason for “a lot” of muscle loss when someone is going from higher body fat to a moderate level of body fat.

Unless you are uncharacteristically lean naturally (which I doubt considering your stats) this is not a feasible resting body fat level. Guys who are not naturally lean usually get discomfort at the sub6% level.

Why did you choose Nandrolone Deca for this cycle?

Thanks everyone… I hear you IFBB the reason why I’m doing this cycle is to perserve muscle mass and even maybe add some while dieting. I have done this before with no Anabolics I went from a solid 210 to 175 ripped but lost alot of muscle and I dont want that to happen again… Finally I worked my way back up the scale and I’ll be damned if I lose it all hence I’ve decided to cycle while dieting.

Goal is to get as lean as possible! I really mean that, if i can get down to 4% I’m game!.. As for shortening it The compounds I’m running are Test-E and decca. I hear decca shouldnt be run shorter than 10 wks and that being said I need to run the test at least a week longer to not lose libido function. Maybe I should frontload both to shorten it up a bit?

Everyone is saying I shouldnt do this unless I’m preparing for a comp/event… Although I’m not I may give it a shot depending on how I come along I’ve never done this before so I’m not sure what’s going to happen hence the thread name… But If i dont do a comp I still want to treat my dieting/training as if I were doing one that way nothing is half-ass’d and I go all out getting the most out of this.[/quote]

If you do a cycle to get down to 4% how do you expect to keep your bodyfat that low when you come off?

I don’t think Test E and Deca are the proper drugs to get into contest shape. You may be able to get your bodyfat to a reasonably low level but there is a difference between low body fat and contest ready.

I don’t know, this just seems like a poorly thought out idea. If you don’t wind up entering a contest I don’t think there is any advantage at all to being at 4-5% than 8%. You will almost certainly look better at 8%.

It was probably a bit of both I went overboard with my dieting AND thought I had more muscle than I really had, morning cardio on am empty stomach didn’t help to retain muscle (bad idea) I’m sure but I got to the point where you could see veins running through my chest/traps/lower abs/quads…

Whatever BF that is I dont know but no one in my area of living was as lean but than again with a shirt on it looked like i didn’t lift weights :frowning: hence the problem… I chose decca because it will help with strength I’m still going to be lifting in the low rep range and try and get stronger each week out, while I’m on low calories it’s a strong anti-catabolic also…

Bonez “if you do a cycle to get down to 4% how do you expect to keep your bodyfat that low when you come off?” Keep eating healthy and at a caloric maintenance the same way I would plan on keeping my bf at 8% if that’s what I wind up around… Honestly 4% is excessive we will see tho. I know this is bad and God may frown upon it but out of I guess vanity I want to turn heads, I would not have the size to turn heads being less than 220 but if I mix it with real shreddedness than I think so and that’s what I’m attempting.

Honestly I’m a bit inspired by Caveman’s physique and that’s around what I’m going for, just with a bit more weight since I’m taller. As of today I don’t ever want to weigh any more than 220 hence I need to get shredded around that weight to hit my goal…

Bonez “if you do a cycle to get down to 4% how do you expect to keep your bodyfat that low when you come off?” Keep eating healthy and at a caloric maintenance the same way I would plan on keeping my bf at 8% if that’s what I wind up around…
[/quote]

I wish it were, but unfortunatly it’s not that simple firstly when you finish your cycle your body will be in a catabolic state for a period of time, even with the PCT. And it will be a very delicate balance between not eating enough to keep your muscle and eating too much and gaining fat.

Secondly i think there would be very few people, if anyone who could maintain 4% bf naturally wihtout turning into a rake. your body just isn’t designed to stay this lean for any period of time. 6-8% is much more realistic but still hard to maintain. Look at Thib he has a very low carb diet year round to stay in the 6-8% range. and i garantee you will turn heads with that kind of leanness.

also consider if your now at for simplicity around 220 and 12-14% then you need to lose around 20 pounds to get to 4% taking you back to 200lb making it a fair stint from your goal (i think lol) of 220 ripped.

anyways good luck with what ever you decide!

Why not use tren instead of deca for low bodyfat while maintaining strength?

I was thinking about test prop and tren but dont know if about the frequent injections and tren for a first cycle.

Tren is the AAS of choice for your goals. Especially with test & Masteron. Tren is no more problematic than deca.

Again, I am strickly looking at your goals as that cocktail would indeed be more of an advanced cycle than test alone or test and dbol. Maybe a compromise like test and winny or test and drol?

What is drol? I thought about Winny but I’ve heard bad thing about joint problems. Over-exagerated side effect dynamo?

What is drol? I thought about Winny but I’ve heard bad thing about joint problems. Over-exagerated side effect dynamo?[/quote]

Drol = Anadrol

Anadrol seems like a bad option for what I’m going for…

Anadrol is less bloating than dbol from what I hear. Winny can aggravate joint pain, for some more than others (dose dependant).

I know where you are coming from LilDaddy… With that being said, you can’t have it all at once. I was the same way with the first cycle I did and I regret it to this day.

This is my opinion, but stick with the Test E, drop the deca, front-load to make the cycle shorter (eight weeks), and go with an increase in carbs (hard to know without knowing you personally and your carb tolerance/intolerance, but perhaps 150 to 200g a day, or more, dependent on you). Just make sure your protein intake is close to 2x bodyweight because of the increase in protein synthesis afforded to you by the juice.

It is very hard to cut with Test E (Prop much better choice; less water retention). Do this cycle and the PCT you have outlined, then go with the dieting down naturally. I promise you that getting down to 4% or so is very taxing. Honestly, it sucks being that lean unless prepping for contest (and even then it sucks).

Finally, worry about body image and what you want to present as opposed to what the scale says. Someone who is your height, about 210-220 with about 8% bodyfat is impressive; someone who is 4% bodyfat with shrunken, girlie muscle bellies is not. Understand that to get where you want to go may involve another cycle.