What's Going On With Me?

I posted a thread before about gaining too much fat, that isn’t really much of a problem now. I’m up to 175 and stuck at that now, hoping to break that plateau at some point…however I can

But seems that there’s always some sort of problem popping up. I’ve had a mild case of IBS for a long time, but it seems that it might be getting worse (I think). I actually don’t know what’s going on but it’s becoming a problem.

Basically, I’m having a hard time keeping down food, regardless of the amount or when I eat. I try to eat every 2-4 hours, and, whether it’s a clean meal (chicken, sweet potato) or a dirty meal (burger and fries) I end up having a hard time keeping it down. It’s gotten to the point where I dread having to eat my next meal. Also the weight gainer I’m using doesn’t help, either, but I doubt that that’s the culprit, here. I’ve been using weight gainers for years now.

How will I grow if I can’t even keep down food? You guys have any clue what’s going on? Perhaps I’m overdoing it? Maybe not? I don’t know…

Drinking milk? That caused me lots of problems when I first started. Small amounts weren’t a problem in my entire life, but when I was using it to make my shakes it was giving me serious bloating and upset stomach.

Otherwise? Maybe you should see your doctor and get some tests. Could be a myriad of different things.

If it’s really IBS or you suspect some medical problem, do see a doctor.

Look into probiotics for digestive issues.

If you are just gagging and unable to swallow your food cos you’re still so full from the last meal, welcome to the world of force feeding for us former skinny bastards with fast metabolisms. And, yes, i do dread my next meal sometimes.

It doesn’t get easier until you hit your target weight so you’ll need to suck it up with the end goal in mind.

[quote]MalignantTyrant wrote:
I posted a thread before about gaining too much fat, that isn’t really much of a problem now. I’m up to 175 and stuck at that now, hoping to break that plateau at some point…however I can[/quote]
You were 172 on May 29, so 3 pounds in 3 months. I wouldn’t say that’s a plateau, so much as it’s an unsuccessful plan that needs immediate change.

What does your training look like? The days, exercises, sets, and reps.

What steps have you taken to address this? in your last thread (just three months ago), you were eating “4-5 large/medium relatively healthy meals a day, 1-2 of them clean” and you already had “a bit of a spare tire.” Basically it sounds like you were eating like shit, with no trace of IBS flare-ups.

Fix your nutrition:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/you_dont_know_how_to_digest
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/gut_health_sort_of_a_log
Natural digestive aids like pineapple and papaya, probiotics (yogurt), fermented foods like sauerkraut and cottage cheese, and fibrous vegetables (like broccoli) should be part of your daily diet. I understand you’re in college, but it’s not that expensive to build a decent, healthy, productive diet with a little planning.

Tons of guys have gotten large “only” eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Have you ever tried that?

You won’t. Period. But more important than getting even bigger than you are now (can you put up a pic?), is plain old health. You’re 19, so you should be doing everything possible to get simply healthy. Health now, gainzz later.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
If it’s really IBS or you suspect some medical problem, do see a doctor.

Look into probiotics for digestive issues.

If you are just gagging and unable to swallow your food cos you’re still so full from the last meal, welcome to the world of force feeding for us former skinny bastards with fast metabolisms. And, yes, i do dread my next meal sometimes.

It doesn’t get easier until you hit your target weight so you’ll need to suck it up with the end goal in mind.
[/quote]
No, no. As I’ve said, it doesn’t matter the amount or whether the meal is clean or dirty, I still have a hard time keeping it down.

My weight fluctuates, this is just from today. Tomorrow I could be like 173-174, depends. I don’t know why, though. Think it could be water weight or something like that?

Monday: Chest/Tri’s
Tuesday: Back/Bi’s
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Shoulders/Traps
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Rest

I’ve started doing heavier weight and less reps (7-10). I try to do around 3-4 exercises per body part.

[quote]
What steps have you taken to address this? in your last thread (just three months ago), you were eating “4-5 large/medium relatively healthy meals a day, 1-2 of them clean” and you already had “a bit of a spare tire.” Basically it sounds like you were eating like shit, with no trace of IBS flare-ups.[/quote]
Previously I was, but I’ve somewhat cleaned that up. I’m eating more vegetables and fruit and completely cut out sodas or any of that stuff. I started including roast beef and more poultry as well. And for a while there was no flare up…

Fix your nutrition:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/you_dont_know_how_to_digest
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/gut_health_sort_of_a_log
Natural digestive aids like pineapple and papaya, probiotics (yogurt), fermented foods like sauerkraut and cottage cheese, and fibrous vegetables (like broccoli) should be part of your daily diet. I understand you’re in college, but it’s not that expensive to build a decent, healthy, productive diet with a little planning.[/quote]
I can try to do better. Never tried yogurt before, Greek yogurt?

[quote]
Tons of guys have gotten large “only” eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Have you ever tried that?[ /quote]
There’s no way in hell I could pull that off, especially with my body type. That would be very nice if I could…

[quote]MalignantTyrant wrote:

My weight fluctuates, this is just from today. Tomorrow I could be like 173-174, depends. I don’t know why, though. Think it could be water weight or something like that? [/quote]
It’s not uncommon to fluctuate a few pounds over the course of even one day, from morning to night. That’s what I’m saying. You called it a plateau, but it’s really just that your whole plan fell off course. Either way, it’s fixable.

[quote]Monday: Chest/Tri’s
Tuesday: Back/Bi’s
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Shoulders/Traps
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Rest

I’ve started doing heavier weight and less reps (7-10). I try to do around 3-4 exercises per body part.[/quote]
That could be better than what you were doing or it could still be rough. Kudos for hitting legs twice a week anyhow. That’s always good to see.

For some reason, I read this the same way I’d read someone saying they’d never been in a movie theater. Like, really?

I believe that still has the same natural probiotics, so sure. Or regular yogurt. Greek is higher protein and generally lower lactose, so I’d probably go Greek even though it costs more. (That’s what she said. Giggity-giggity.)

There’s no way in hell I could pull that off, especially with my body type. That would be very nice if I could…[/quote]
Okay.

Trying to put down a steak right now and having a hard time finishing. Parents blame the supplements I use xD
Anywwys, I might just have to just perhaps see a doctor