What's Dominic Filiou Up To?

Does anyone know what he is up to these days? has he retired from strongman,ive tried to find info on him but cant seem to find anything recent about him.

As far as I know he’s retired. Hasn’t competed since 2007.

It’s a shame he retired,he had so much potential,he is insanely naturally strong,apparently he weighed over 300lbs without training.

he got real lean a few years back and said he was going to get into bodybuilding but I don’t think he ever competed

I seen that,he got down to a very lean 380lbs,which is just crazy!

I remember watching him compete at around 430 pounds, then he “leaned out” to 400, lol. Never looked that big either. Just a huge barrel chest to offset the fat.

how can someone who is 6ft 5in and 430lbs not look that big lol

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
how can someone who is 6ft 5in and 430lbs not look that big lol[/quote]
I agree, dude was an animal. Massive potential, but it just seemed like he either never had the conditioning, or the toughness for the events. At least in all the footage I’ve seen he had about 30-45 seconds to do CRAZY things but then he was done, and in events which frustrated him he seemed to just give up in. I feel he would do well in the current field though. More max lifts are coming about in strongman and I think this is where he would have excelled.

[quote]BIG-GEORDIE wrote:
how can someone who is 6ft 5in and 430lbs not look that big lol[/quote]

What I meant is that he didn’t look like he was over 400. He carried his weight differently.

jean francois caron and christian savoie are the torchbearers now for strongman . filiou was 2 meters tall near 400 pounds …