What's Best ??

[quote]slotan wrote:
At 6’4", 3000 kcals is dieting for fat loss. If your training program is any good, you should be hungry all the time.
[/quote]

Pardon me but this one has been getting to me for a long while. What’s the difference between kcals and regular calories you read about on boxes of food? Are they the same thing?

I still cant figure half the time if its kcals or regular or if theres a diff. It makes it sound like you eat 2 pizzas for lunch and guzzle it down with a half a jug of classic Grow!. Then slaughter a cow for a snack and sacrifice 12 chickens for dinner.

Please inform me because either I’m eating like I should or I’m eating much like I shouldnt.
-T

-seefood diet (see food, eat it)
-deadlift, squat, bench, pullup, dip, row, shoulder press
-less treadmill
-more sleep
-beware the trap of analysis paralysis

K/cals are actually what they are. It takes 1000 cals to make up a k/cal. Us American’s are just lazy and shortend it on labels and such. If you look at labels from other countries they actually list k/cals.

That help??

Phill

Well i learned something new.

well ive gain someweight i can bench a little bit more and i do see a diff in my arms … but not in my chest. i eat a shyt load . but is there a prob with eating fast food alot ?? i dont eat alot of fast food now but if theres not a prob with it there is alot of fat and cals in a nice fat burger. and any ideas about how i can eat in the afternoon, im working alot and dont have time to eat a nice meal?

If you’re purely looking to bulk up then i’d go for a bodybuilder style routine seen as thats what bodybuilders do best. High sets, moderate reps and moderate weight for a beginner. But if you are still quite new to weight lifting then any weight lifting will stimulate muscle growth.

Fastest size increase will be coming from sarcoplasmic hypertroph so ea loads, jack up on all that junk you’ve bought then hit the weights hard but not dangerously heavy. Keep volume high.

ok first dont step foot on that treadmill for now,running limits bulking

180lbs is skinny at 6’4,you gotta be a twig

you need to eat at least 4000cals a day,sleep a lot,stop taking the creatine for now,wont do much since you’re trying to bulk,get some more weight to throw around.i’d reccomend you use at least 40lbs on the dbz and at least 130 on bench,i used small weights and didnt see anything,but after i picked up some heavy ones…all it took was 2 weeks for my arms to get big,try takin 2 servings of your weight gainer to get more cals

and and puking to eat more food/eating so much it causes ou to puke defeats the purpose of eating…since it all comes back out before digestion

Another big thing is this…your gainer has 2000 calories.So what your saying is that your having a hard time taking in 1000 calories in regular food. Thats a problem.

I know that your getting a ton of info…hell I got overwhelmed just reading the responses your getting. The key like alot of people are saying is that you need to eat.At 6’4 150lbs it doesn’t all have to be clean but its also good to develope good dietary habits now.I would aim for alot closer to 4000cals than 3000 but its a start.

No one is saying ya gotta have a 5 course meal every 2 hours…

2 scoops of Low-Carb Grow!
4 tablespoons of natty peanut butter
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 cup of whole milk

950 cals,44g of fat,39g of carbs and 90! of protein.

PS make sure ya read Vrooms beginners threads

Well i weigh 160 !! that might not be alot for you but for me thats a big diff … 150 to 160 is pretty good so far my bench press has gained and i started goin to the gym more