What's Best ??

thx for the help im goin to give 3000 cals a shot for now

Get off the treadmill

Yeah, lots of good advice going on in here.

If you want to gain muscle, the first thing you will have to change is your way of thinking.

You need to eat appropriately to feed muscle growth. If you aren’t putting on fat, then you can probably eat more. You probably will have to give up definition in order to gain size… don’t try to stay lean while growing by doing lots of cardio or anything like that.

You also have to realize that you grow when you aren’t working out. Workout out causes muscle stress (I don’t like the word damage, because it is what is supposed to happen and damage implies a problem). When you recover, your muscles adapt to the stress and become stronger or grow larger.

Eat qualify foods, protein from animal sources with every meal, don’t wait until you are hungry to eat, make sure to take a day off after a heavy workout, and get plenty of rest.

Read the threads that people are pointing you to. If you don’t read the threads and give evidence of that by asking “better” questions soon, people will eventually stop trying to help you, becuase you won’t show that you are willing to help yourself.

Be patient, it takes time to grow… this is a long term activity. Nothing, whether using supplements or otherwise, will get you where you want to be overnight.

Finally, with your home bench and 200lbs of weights you can get yourself to a good base level of fitness.

You can do squats with any weight you can safely press overhead and settle down onto your shoulders. As said before, you can press (bench or standing), you can row (upright or bent), you can do fairly light deadlifts, you can do (chair/bench) dips, you can do pushups. You can do bodyweight exercises.

Do invest in a pullup bar if you can afford it.

If you DO invest in a pull-up bar, I suggest getting a full rack (they usually have pull-up bars too, I think). You’ll be able to squat weights that you normally wouldn’t be able to because you were limited by the amount you can bring over your head and settle on your shoulders.

Yeah i have a pull up bar its just the simple ( pull up bar ) just hangs up on my door frame,im takeing in 2500 cals to 3000 or tying to …

and i have been takein my weight gain at night, it has 2000 cals in one cup… it makes me sick

OK ive read many diffrent work out plans and westside for skinny bastards … whats the best ?!? or is there ?!?

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
If you don’t squat, deadlift, press, or row, you fail at life.
[/quote]

Freakin’ priceless quote!

Kir Dog

[quote]JamesDime10 wrote:
OK ive read many diffrent work out plans and westside for skinny bastards … whats the best ?!? or is there ?!?[/quote]

They all work. For a while.

Then your body adapts and you need another programm. Every 8-10 weeks or so.

Yeah i have a pull up bar its just the simple ( pull up bar ) just hangs up on my door frame,im takeing in 2500 cals to 3000 or tying to …[/quote]

2500-3000 calories? damn, no wonder you weren’t gaining any weight!
that is not much my friend, especially since you work out.

and I’m 6’2" 185lbs, people call me skinny, can’t imagine what they call you!

BTW, pullups are gold. DO THEM!

3000 isn’t bad for a newbie… hell it may be enough if your metabolism is slow enough.

and i have been takein my weight gain at night, it has 2000 cals in one cup… it makes me sick
[/quote]

If you insist on having your weightgainer shake, do it in the morning. It would be cheaper for you to just mix some whole milk with some protein and oatmeal, but if you insist on keeping your weight gainer product, at least don’t try to stuff it down right before bed. Just stick with some protein and a bit of fat right before bed. Cottage cheese works great.

OK ive read many diffrent work out plans and westside for skinny bastards … whats the best ?!? or is there ?!?[/quote]

It took me a long time to figure out that there’s no one best plan. Just pick one, get started, and modify things on the fly if they’re not working. If the whole thing seems wrong, change programs. It’s not a crime. It’s YOUR BODY. Trying to figure out what program is the best is just intellectual masturbation.

All the programs on T-mag are good. Try one of the ones recommended in Vroom’s thread, stop obsessing and GET STARTED.

And read this:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460364

[quote]Peter Loux wrote:
People should not say “Gee, you can eat a lot.” They should say, “Gee, you’re always eating.”
[/quote]

Dan “Eat up” McVicker
(Edited for clarity)

WELL ive gained 3 pounds for sure everytime i weigh my self its a good 3-5 pound gain but the next morning im back down 2-3 but im no less than 153 now thats not alot of gain. I dont expect to gain weight fast but man i eat a shyt load, but ill get there .

LOL at 3000 calories being a lot. You must have the tiniest stomach.

I dont like posting …

I have been researching muscle & ALL the factors that relate for a little over 3 yrs. I have read articles from bodybuilding.com and recently found this site. I dont have an awesome body (my wife thinks so). Im a began lifting serious maybe 8-10 weeks starting with one routine the falling back to another. Searching for my niche.

Dude, read everything on nutrition. I mean all of it. Each amino, vitamin, mineral etc.
Plan and take ACTION. You are never going to grow if u dont feed your body.

Im a 21yrs LATINO 5’11 190lbs 12%BF currently feeding 4200kcal on training days with 28% Protein, 42% Carbs, 30% Fat. I stick to heavy compound body workouts on-off-on-off etc. And I train at HOME. No fancy gym with all the cool stuff.

Max Bench : 215
Max Squat : 300
Max Deadlift : 225
1RM 10/17/05

I’ll keep reading …

Ok im not sure if what i bought is a good brand on creatine . its called creatine burst (from GNC ) …

150 cals ,
Carbohydrate 38g =13%
Vitamin c 125mg =208%
Riboflavin 0.425 mg =25%
Vitamin b-6 0.5mg =25%
Folic acid 100mcg =25%
Vitamin b-12 1.5 mcg =25%
Phosphorus 50mg =5%
Magnesium 35mg =9%
Chromium 150mcg =125%
Creatine Monohydrate 5g
Taurine 1g
L-Serine 500mg
Guanidinoacetate 100mg

???

JD

Most will tell you that plain simple creatine monohydrate will suffice. The ‘transporter’ mixes are more expensive with less creatine for your buck.

The truth is, you actually need WAY more carbs to do what they propose to do. So simply, why take in the extra cals. and pay the extra money for what you bought.

Go find some plain creatine and take 2-3g a day after workout or with your orange juice for breakfast on non-training days.

Keep It Simple S*****

Good advise here.

Like one poster said take the weight gain in the morning or as your second meal of the day. Eat all the time. If you can only get 3 - 4 solid meals supplement the rest of the meals with Grow! Right before bed drink a Low-Carb Grow!. With just a bench you can do all the major lifts. Bench, Deads, Squat or Hack Squat, Push Press, Military Press, Bent Over Rows, Good Mornings, French Press, Skull Crushers. Stay away from any cardio, you dont want to burn that extra energy to burn fat you want it to gain muscle/mass. Now is the perfect time to put on some really quality mass.

At 6’4", 3000 kcals is dieting for fat loss. If your training program is any good, you should be hungry all the time.