What

Total #3. I can go from 215lbs. to 250lbs in 5-6 weeks no problem. I gain muscle and strength very very easily. I normally maintain a bench of around 370 and I don’t bench. I dumbell bench and once every 6-8 weeks I will barbell bench just to see if I can still put up the weight. If I decide to bulk up I can easily get my bench to over 400 within 5-6 weeks. Problem is I end up looking like fat bastard. I gain it all in my gut too. It’s disgusting. I’ve decided over the last two years that I no longer care about strength increases and want to stay around 10%bf,(8%during the summer) which is low for me.

When I was younger it was #1, now that my metabolism has slowed down a bit and I’ve learned to eat right I’d say #3. I can put on weight now, with a favorable muscle to fat proportion, but the fat does come. Alas.

If i can keep my diet clean(not neccesarily hypocaloric) i can gain muscle and not gain fat pretty easily. I can eat like shit and gain muscle at about the same rate and only gain a little bit of fat. This has changed over the years though. Six or seven years ago i gained fat and muscle at about the same rate.

My legs are a 4, chest and most of the upper body is a 1, and my midsection is a 3…but overall, I would say I’m a 2. How about that?

I am in cat#3

Sort up a “bump” and an update.

The preliminary data is interesting. Keep your responses coming! I’ll post some results probably later this week.

I’m a #2. I really have to keep my diet clean to stay lean. I was a former fatty through out most of college.

Lower body 3(calves 1), Upper body 1

I am a hard core 3 who has moved towards a 4 with really tight nutrition. Three years ago I was 285 (6’1") and benching 405 for reps and deadlifting and squatting more than 600. People thought I was a pro football player. The trouble was that I wanted to be a bodybuilder, and I looked like a melted stick of butter with my shirt off, I was close to 20% bf. I started running a lot and became extemely anal about my diet. I usually only cheat 2 or 3 times per year, and weigh and carry food with me at all times. This has taken me to 225 at less than 10% bf. For a contest I will go to about 210 at 5% or less.

I guess I’m closest to number one. However when I’m eating a ton…I seem to gain just muscle. But it doesn’t seem to matter how much or how little I eat I alway shit alot. :slight_smile:

I would say I’m about a #3 now… I’m 6’4 208… about 9% bf. Through high school I was a hard core #1, I could never put on weight no matter how much I ate until I started college and started drinking. I went from 190 to 215 in 3 months, about 1/2 good 1/2 bad. Ever since, I flucuate btw. 200 and 225 and generally gain about 1/2 lbm and 1/2 fat when not eating clean. When eating clean, I can put on lbm without much fat, but its a slow process.

I’m a #2. I was a former fatboy all the way up till the age of 22. I’m now 23 and got the fat gain under control except when I bulk.

I’d say at best guess I’m a #3. Easy come easy go though, unless I diet carefully I tend to lose plenty of LBM.

I am def. in cat #3. the ratio of muscle to fat is pretty dam close when i am bulking. i can drop fat pretty quickly as well too! stats are 6’1" 195 10-11%bf

#3!!! I can not stay lean while gaining mass. I have to get fat at the same time, although I tend to keep most of the lean mass when I diet, to a point. When I get below 10% BF I seem to start losing a lot of size and get a “stringy” look. So I like to stay around 15% at 5’9" and 220.

sorry for d late post, dudes. I’m type 3. I get thick easily, but that’s a combination of muscle and fat. and when I really overdo the diet and cardio, I lose both. go figure.

Well, I used to think that I was a #1 or 2, but that was until I learned that I was grossly undereating and training inconsistently with minimal volume. I would have to best characterize myself as a #3 with #4 tendencies while dedicated to the sport. But I have an incredible ability to self destruct and have periods of time where I take several steps back. Anyway, I think I gain muscle easier than losing fat, but I think that has more to do with discipline than with my body type.

Definitely a 1. As long as I stay active, I stay at 8-10% on the beer and pizza diet.

I’m a number 2 all the way. No matter how much I work out, how much protein I consume, I can only lose muscle and add fat. If I diet, I lose a huge amount of muscle, and cannot get ripped (below 12% bodyfat). If I bulk, my lifts don’t go up hardly at all, and my fat just skyrockets.

Bump…