What You Think Of HSS-100 Program?

Here is the link to it - http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1031781

I have been looking for around a week now to find a new routine to start, and I came across this which was listed in the “routines” sticky of another forum I’m a member of.

Have any of you had much experience with this, and is it any good? Some of the stuff included in the routine I’ve never heard of doing before, such as 100 rep exercises etc, but it seems to have worked brilliantly for the creator of it. It seems like a really decent routine (as far as I can tell), although it’s odd that I’ve never heard of it before until looking through that sticky.

Anyway, what do you guys make of it?

I’ve performed the HS-100 program about three times through to completion. I made the biggest size and strength gains on it the first time through. I still made good gains the second and third time through, but not quite as large.

That said I would absolutely recommend this program. It’s definitely in my top three. I usually tend to stick toward full-body work outs, but this is a great individual split program.

Compared to other programs I’ve done it’s also very quick and, sometimes, even fun. I would say my workouts never reached over 45 minutes to an hour tops. It’s quick, efficent, and when you start to get bored, on to the next phase of the program.

Do it.

How long have you been training, youngblood?

I loved it.

Here’s my stats UKpaire:

Age - 21
Height - 5,10"
Weight - 245lbs
Bodyfat - 13/14%
Experience - 5/6 Years
Insulin Dependent Diabetic

Great program for someone interested in body building. Is that your main goal?

My main goal is to put on as much mass possible, but obviously not to end up looking like a stereotypical powerlifter (a lot of mass, but undefined, high bodyfat etc).

So yes, bodybuilding is my main goal.

I have a question though… Is there any way to tweak it into a 3 day split as opposed to a 4 day? As far as I know, the program is a 4 day split right?

[quote]BiggerV wrote:
My main goal is to put on as much mass possible, but obviously not to end up looking like a stereotypical powerlifter (a lot of mass, but undefined, high bodyfat etc).

So yes, bodybuilding is my main goal.

I have a question though… Is there any way to tweak it into a 3 day split as opposed to a 4 day? As far as I know, the program is a 4 day split right?[/quote]

Its actually a 5 day split. Right from the article:

Monday: Quads

Tuesday: Back/Traps

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: Hamstrings

Friday: Chest/Shoulders

Saturday: OFF

Sunday: Biceps/Triceps

There is absolutely no way to shrink this to a 3 day split.