What Would Your Strong Words Be?

For me. The thing that angers me a lot these days is incompetence. So … here’s my quote if I was to die and be remebered by it.

“I hate incompetent people. They are worthless piles to society. Then again, I want to trust you. I don’t want to hate you. So I give you these tasks to complete and finish and again and again you fail to complete them. You prove my trust in you unworthy over and over again. I was willing to believe you were competent, until I realized that I was being incompetent in trusting you. And so. You are fired.”

what’s so great about competence? That kind of shite doesn’t earn my respect.

Incompetent and proud.

[quote]juninho wrote:
Incompetent and proud.[/quote]

Please let us know what you do and where, so that we may avoid it.

Thanks.

pretty much the only piece of advice my father ever gave me…

“Don’t be a bitch”.

But wow does that cover a lot…

“I bow to no man!”

[quote]pookie wrote:
juninho wrote:
Incompetent and proud.

Please let us know what you do and where, so that we may avoid it.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Reminds me of that joke.

Q: What do you call someone who almost failed out of med school and graduated last in his class?

A: A doctor.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

“Don’t be a bitch”.

But wow does that cover a lot…[/quote]

You can put me in the same boat. My dad wasn’t much of a philosopher, but I remember when I was having troubles back in junior high, this other kid was bullying me(later found out some other kid paid him $20 to beat me up). I didn’t want to go to school because I was afraid of this kid. My dad sat me down and said something to the effect of: “Sometimes, you just need to deal with things you don’t want to, and it doesn’t get much easier as you get older. You don’t want me or your brothers to fight your battles for you, we are here for you and support you, but this is something you need to deal with for yourself.” At the time I didn’t quite understand what he was saying, I thought he was throwing me to the wolves because I was actually afraid of this kid. Few days later, the shit hit the fan with this “bully”. Not much happened, I blocked about 90% of the punches the other kid threw, and the ones he did land I was amazed at how little force they had behind them.

Now that I think about the whole deal, I don’t think my dad was ever all that worried, my dad and my older brothers were big on the rough-housing, and read “rough-housing” as beating the ever-living shit out of me. I think my dad knew there was nothing this kid could do to me that hadn’t already been done to me on a much larger scale, and I think he was right.

As for the kid that paid him, I never did get my hands on him. He works at one of the bars around here, he’s just this fat, beer-gut, trailer-park loser now. He didn’t even graduate from high school. Heh!

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:

“Don’t be a bitch”.

But wow does that cover a lot…[/quote]

Your dad was a smart man. Sloths, by their very nature, are not competent at alot of things. Hooray for unions.

|/ 3Toes

[quote]BorisTheSpider wrote:
Reminds me of that joke.

Q: What do you call someone who almost failed out of med school and graduated last in his class?

A: A doctor.[/quote]

I found these on the web:

The following quotes were allegedly taken from actual medical records as dictated by physicians:

~ By the time he was admitted, his rapid heart had stopped and he was feeling better.

~ On the second day, the knee was better and on the third day it had completely disappeared.

~ The patient has been depressed ever since she began seeing me in 1983.

~ Patient was released to outpatient department without dressing.

~ Discharge status: Alive but without permission.

~ The patient refused an autopsy.

~ The patient expired on the floor uneventfully.

~ The patient’s medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.

~ She slipped on the ice and apparently her legs went in separate directions in early December.

~ The patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

~ She is numb from the toes down.

~ The skin was moist and dry.

~ When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the floor.

[quote]juninho wrote:
what’s so great about competence? That kind of shite doesn’t earn my respect.

Incompetent and proud.[/quote]

What could you possibly be proud of then?

[quote]HvRv wrote:
“I bow to no man!”[/quote]

Hehehehe, someone else liked Chronicles of Riddick :o)

Ya my dad’s a pretty bright guy, just not of many words… he usually tries to explain something and goes into a whole long story and whatever then just says “forget it…just dont be a bitch”

Which is usually dead on. That covers sooo much.

If something happens, suck it up and deal with.

We’ve sunk to being proud of competence? Merely being able to complete a task at the most basic levels? C-students are “competent”.

Now, admittedly…competence is getting rarer and rarer in these increasingly pathetic times, but to paraphrase Chris Rock, “You’re supposed to be competent, ya low-expectation-having motherfucker!”

Let’s have pride in excellence, not merely being “not inept”.

I ain’t never been to jail.

You’re not supposed to go to jail, you low expectation having mothafucka!

I take care of my kids.

You’re supposed to take care of your kids! Whaddya want, a cookie?!

My favorite strong words…

“you can’t fix dumb”

[quote]Buoycall wrote:
I ain’t never been to jail.

You’re not supposed to go to jail, you low expectation having mothafucka!

I take care of my kids.

You’re supposed to take care of your kids! Whaddya want, a cookie?![/quote]

Chris Rock fan :slight_smile:

“Everyone dies, few live. Here lays a man who lived.”

Rolo.

P.s. You cannot live much if you take pride in incompetence… feel sorry for your ass.

“Never apologize and never explain; it’s a sign of weakness.”

-John Wayne
AKA Bad MoFo

“You’re not truely free until you are free from the fear of death.”

-Unknown

“Hereunder lies a man that had the habit of postponing things until the next day. He finally repented and actually died on xx/xx/xxxx”

• Frithiof Nilsson, the pirate