What Would You Tell Your 20 Year Old Self?

hahahaha

Regarding lifting; DONT stop using your back just because it hurts. Went through 5 years of excruciating back pain for what ultimately amounted to being weak.

Regarding life; this is extremely personal, and very well does not apply to everyone, but: your best friend from 3rd grade will be your roommate and best friend when you’re 26. Dont cast him out, help him and stay by his side.

2 Likes

Any hole is a goal.

Doesnt matter what they look like. Close your eyes feels the same :joy:

From a man in his late 50s: Bite your tongue -never reply with nasty words or insults, even in the heat of battle with your GF or wife- there’s never an upside and she’ll haul those remarks out 25 years later if it builds her case. Treat everyone with respect and kindness. (Well, at least respect…) Don’t marry a girl who has no career or passion of her own. Relax, it always works out, somehow.

3 Likes

I will keep this in mind…

It’s sarcasm

1 Like

I’m only 23, but lately I’ve been reminding myself that I’m doing fine. Don’t panic. You’re not supposed to have everything figured out yet.

3 Likes

Well, your social life’s fucked, there’s no fixing that.
You dating life’s fucked. There’s no fixing that.
Don’t bother losing weight, you’ll only get weaker.
Stop training meme lifts, your deadlifts stuck at 500lbs, rack pulls won’t fix it, in fact you’re going to get weaker, a slingshot won’t help you bench 315, start doing deficit pulls, pause bench, weighted dips and safety bar box squats. You’ll actually surpass the idiot giving you this dumb advice. :confused:

2 Likes

Listen more, talk less
If she will f… you on the 1st date, she will f… someone else tomorrow
Never, ever, turn down a shot at 2 chicks at a time
Save half of what you have after bills, and no, beer isn’t part of the bills
Don’t ever work for free
Take care of your body, it has a shelf life

2 Likes

Join the Military, see the world, cause that POS GF of yours is a druggie that is spending all your money and doing all your freinds.

snap out of it, dumbass

1 Like

on that subject all I would say is. Don’t be so damn picky, The six foot tall girl whose company you enjoyed. Dude she will be a model, tell you friends to fuck off when they joke about her being as tall as you are. As to all of the “she has a big butt” s. in 20 years that will be seen as the hottest of hot. And no that is not a fat butt. You should see how fat people will be 20 years from now. In 2018 everyone would call those same big butt girls skinny

4 Likes

Hmmm, I think I would tell myself to party even more and enjoy it even more because after 9/11/2001 people are going to turn into real assholes and everybody want’s a piece of your freedom.

2 Likes

lol! Great minds… But it’s true. Those of us old enough to remember a pre-9/11 life, it was a lot less dark. I don’t notice it until I see something or watch something from before where we had no idea it was coming and the difference is palpable. People were in general, much cooler to each other. College was a place we could exchange ideas without holding signs and yelling. And folks were far less petty than they are now.

I would have also dated more, that’s one thing I would change. I had strange ideas about women and for a long time in my youth, I didn’t want the hassle. If you mix Bob Dylan songs and putting women on pedestals, that’s where my head was at.
That’s when I figured out I can turn my sex drive on and off like a switch.
Second, I had come to find out I wasn’t as repulsive to women as I thought I was at the time.

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m doing/dealing with/going through right now. Are you sure I’m not you?

Are you me? Shit, ok here’s what you do in the woman dept… They are regular, plain old people. They are not more special or more precious than you.
They like\ want sex just as much as you do.
Don’t be so serious about females or relationships. And don’t be afraid of women, at all. Most of them are harmless.
And if your not me, well heed me. They are just regular people, treat them that way and think of them that way. Every woman you put on a pedestal is 100% going to disappoint you and break your heart.

2 Likes

I hear this all the time but it’s hard to wrap my head around it. I suppose they don’t go about getting it the same way that guys do, though…

This happened recently and I agree wholeheartedly. It’s weird when you’re able to finally pull yourself out of a toxic situation/relationship like that and view it with some perspective. Nobody is that special. The uniqueness of anyone is completely subjective, we are all fundamentally the same. The only thing that’s different about individuals is how they look.

That’s easy to see under the right circumstances. If your female friend rejects you advances, most men are like… “mkay, hope your head feels better.”
But if you refuse a woman sex it’s like you shot her dog, cheated on her and slapped her Mama. They aren’t used to hear ‘no’ to sex. It floors them. And the next two weeks she is seeking assurance that you like her, even if she doesn’t like you that much, she wants you to like her and want her body constantly. If you don’t, women get a complex.
You have to be patient. You have to out wait her, first. Which is hard because she usually wins the waiting contest, but you can win it if you are patient. Then, if she’s getting a little forward, reject, politely, her advances.
You’ll see it in living color then.

I have a teenage girl, trust me they are nastier than boys. Boys talk about doing it, girls go into gross detail about it amongst themselves.

My problem and yours is we are both too sensitive and too nice. We believe girls when they say they like nice guys. So we try, sometimes too hard, to make them feel special.
They like it, for a while, then they go fuck your much less nice friend.

Nice guys finish last in the dating game. You’re a doormat in a little bit.

I don’t mean don’t treat your dates special, just don’t do it all the time. Say ‘no’ sometimes. Don’t pamper them all the time and don’t profess you’re undying love, that makes chicks want to puke. And never, never write her a poem, thats a first class ticket to the ‘freind zone’ And we, Mr. Nice Guy, are out the door.
Yes, I wish I knew this when I was 20.

2 Likes

There’s an old saying “You are unique, just like everybody else.” Be decent, be yourself and have some confidence and dignity, don’t worry she’ll shred your dignity to microscopic bits the longer the relationship lasts. So don’t worry about ego, you won’t have one long.

And go out with your regular friends even when your seeing somebody.

1 Like

Learn to play the guitar. Put the time in. Even if you are only considered decent at it, you will be rewarded. Just sayin.’

1 Like