T Nation

What Would You Do?

Got a slight dilemma here just looking for other opinions.

GF just found out she has to go on a business trip to Phoenix in a week, which will be Sun-Fri.

We just got back from vacation where I paid basically for the both of us, so I spent a good chunk of change.

She doesn’t want to go alone, though I know she could, and asked if I would go. I told her a plane ticket right now is a bit steep for me, along with the fact I have no more vacation time from work so I’d be losing money from not working.

I have the money for the flight and I’d be staying at an awesome resort (which has a huge water park, I love water parks :D).
For the price of a flight I’d have free stay at the resort and some of my meals paid for.

The only thing is, I’m one large payment away from having my car loan paid off and I’ll have no other debts besides student loans. I can’t wait for the car to be paid off. Going on the trip would set me back about a month probably.

What would you do?
Right now I can’t find a flight cheaper than $300-400, and the cheaper one is with stopping which I don’t want to do.
Anyone know of a good site to check for flights?? I’ve checked hotels.com and expedia.

If I could find one for like $250 I’d probably do it.

5 years from now, you gonna remember a one month difference in a car loan or a trip to a happenin’ city with a happenin’ girl

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
5 years from now, you gonna remember a one month difference in a car loan or a trip to a happenin’ city with a happenin’ girl[/quote]

now that’s good advice. :smiley:

Seriously, end of thread…

Way to sum it up NeelyDan!

You said for the price of a flight you can get blah blah blah…as if you are comparing two options, but you are not.

So, I’m confused. Why did you even say that?

I agree with Dan. Have fun.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
You said for the price of a flight you can get blah blah blah…as if you are comparing two options, but you are not.

I agree with Dan. Have fun.[/quote]

bad grammar on my part. Just meant, that by paying for a plane ticket, I would also have a free stay at the resort.

Do it do it.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:

I agree with Dan. Have fun.

bad grammar on my part. Just meant, that by paying for a plane ticket, I would also have a free stay at the resort.[/quote]

The Grammar Gods will smite thee.

Details at 11.

No brainer- take the trip.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
5 years from now, you gonna remember a one month difference in a car loan or a trip to a happenin’ city with a happenin’ girl[/quote]

You know? I was gunning for the ‘take care of your shit, man!’, until I saw this post.

Now I agree with him. Take the trip.