T Nation

What Would You Do In My Situation?

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have actually been bulking since the start of summer.[/quote]

It would be better for someone of your age to not think of it as a bulk/cut.

For that matter, keep in mind that bulk/cutting generally applies to full-grown adults who also happen to be using steroids.

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
I will keep the advice in mind. I just feel like I want to cut pretty soon. At the latest in mid spring, but would like to do so earlier if possible, since my a lot of the weight I have gained hasn’t seemed to go muscle, more to my gut and chest which can be seen through a shirt sometimes.[/quote]

How much weight did you gain?

What did you look like before your “bulk”?

You know that you’ll look a helluva lot better if you just take advantage of puberty (if you’ve reached that yet) and work and eat like a mad man right?

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
I’ve also read that cutting down to lower bodyfat will increase testosterone which will help with muscle building. What bodyfat% would you say I am at?[/quote]

Studies suggest that if being obese can reduce testosterone levels.

You’re not obese. You look like a normal, skinny 14 year old.

Seriously, stop thinking of yourself as “fat”. Instead, think of yourself as “untrained and lacking in any muscle definition whatsoever”.

That may help a lot.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have actually been bulking since the start of summer.[/quote]

It would be better for someone of your age to not think of it as a bulk/cut.

For that matter, keep in mind that bulk/cutting generally applies to full-grown adults who also happen to be using steroids.

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
I will keep the advice in mind. I just feel like I want to cut pretty soon. At the latest in mid spring, but would like to do so earlier if possible, since my a lot of the weight I have gained hasn’t seemed to go muscle, more to my gut and chest which can be seen through a shirt sometimes.[/quote]

How much weight did you gain?

What did you look like before your “bulk”?

You know that you’ll look a helluva lot better if you just take advantage of puberty (if you’ve reached that yet) and work and eat like a mad man right?

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
I’ve also read that cutting down to lower bodyfat will increase testosterone which will help with muscle building. What bodyfat% would you say I am at?[/quote]

Studies suggest that if being obese can reduce testosterone levels.

You’re not obese. You look like a normal, skinny 14 year old.

Seriously, stop thinking of yourself as “fat”. Instead, think of yourself as “untrained and lacking in any muscle definition whatsoever”.

That may help a lot.[/quote]

I weighed around 65-70kg before bulking. I looked similar just a littler smaller in the torso.

What do you mean by not bulking/cutting? What should I do instead? By bulking I just mean eating enough to build muscle, and cutting I mean shredding fat.

I attached a pre bulk photo here. This is around mid-late spring.

As for how long I have bulked, I started around mid may.

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
What do you mean by not bulking/cutting? What should I do instead? By bulking I just mean eating enough to build muscle, and cutting I mean shredding fat.[/quote]

Traditionally, bulking means eating so much that you gain a lot of fat along with the muscle you gain. Cutting is what you do months, if not years, later where you lose as much bf as possible while retaining muscle mass.

“Eating enough to build muscle” isn’t bulking, in other words. That’s just eating.

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
I attached a pre bulk photo here. This is around mid-late spring.
[/quote]

Honestly, I don’t see a difference at all.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
What do you mean by not bulking/cutting? What should I do instead? By bulking I just mean eating enough to build muscle, and cutting I mean shredding fat.[/quote]

Traditionally, bulking means eating so much that you gain a lot of fat along with the muscle you gain. Cutting is what you do months, if not years, later where you lose as much bf as possible while retaining muscle mass.

“Eating enough to build muscle” isn’t bulking, in other words. That’s just eating.

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
I attached a pre bulk photo here. This is around mid-late spring.
[/quote]

Honestly, I don’t see a difference at all.[/quote]

Yeah, as I said my lifts didn’t really increase that much. Squat from 40 to 60, bench from 37.5 to 50 and deadlift from 60 to 90. I’m gonna keep on trying harder to increase lifts and build muscle.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
What do you mean by not bulking/cutting? What should I do instead? By bulking I just mean eating enough to build muscle, and cutting I mean shredding fat.[/quote]

Traditionally, bulking means eating so much that you gain a lot of fat along with the muscle you gain. Cutting is what you do months, if not years, later where you lose as much bf as possible while retaining muscle mass.

“Eating enough to build muscle” isn’t bulking, in other words. That’s just eating.

[/quote]

What’s dirty bulking then?

lol… this kid is worried about T levels when he’s about to be walking around with a constant boner for the next 10 years.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
What’s dirty bulking then?
[/quote]

Eating McDonalds and frozen pizza instead of rice and steak I think?

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:
What’s dirty bulking then?
[/quote]

Eating McDonalds and frozen pizza instead of rice and steak I think?
[/quote]

I guess it’s all subjective then. Cos that’s exactly what i ate yesterday lol. But then my metabolism is still ridiculously fast at my age.

Bottomline, just don’t become a fat fuck.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
What do you mean by not bulking/cutting? What should I do instead? By bulking I just mean eating enough to build muscle, and cutting I mean shredding fat.[/quote]

Traditionally, bulking means eating so much that you gain a lot of fat along with the muscle you gain. Cutting is what you do months, if not years, later where you lose as much bf as possible while retaining muscle mass.

“Eating enough to build muscle” isn’t bulking, in other words. That’s just eating.

[/quote]

What’s dirty bulking then?
[/quote]

Eating excess junk food to gain weight. Don’t do it, unless you really seriously don’t give a shit about your body fat levels.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]MrGreeen wrote:
What do you mean by not bulking/cutting? What should I do instead? By bulking I just mean eating enough to build muscle, and cutting I mean shredding fat.[/quote]

Traditionally, bulking means eating so much that you gain a lot of fat along with the muscle you gain. Cutting is what you do months, if not years, later where you lose as much bf as possible while retaining muscle mass.

“Eating enough to build muscle” isn’t bulking, in other words. That’s just eating.

[/quote]

What’s dirty bulking then?
[/quote]

Eating excess junk food to gain weight. Don’t do it, unless you really seriously don’t give a shit about your body fat levels.[/quote]

Agreed. Anything in excess is bad. But i would say the amount that makes something excessive is individual.