What Would You Do If You Were Me - Bulk or Lose More Fat?

I was very clear about what I suggested. I don’t care what you want to call it. I specifically used the word ‘clean’ in my post, so I’m not sure why you included that in your question. I also said, very specifically, that you should NOT gain weight either. If your own definition of bulk does not involve gaining weight, then yes, a clean bulk. If your definition of bulk includes gaining weight, then no, that’s not what I said.

Honestly, your post makes it sound like you didn’t read anything I wrote closely. Why would you think I would want you at a calorie surplus when I said not to gain weight? My 5 year old son can understand directions better than it seems you can.

Best of luck, I don’t provide assistance to people who do not take the time to actually read what I write.

1 Like

Are you taking anything?

I would suggest you continue your calorie deficit, lift with a purpose 4-5 days a week, do 1 hour cardio 2-3 days a week at 120+hr. You have enough fat to fuel muscle building in a deficit. If you can, two workouts in one day. Morning cardio, lunch or evening weights. Primary focus on weights.
To show your abs, you need to lose fat.

I wish I could have learned this first thing. The numbers in the gym going up are all that really matters. If you lift hard and heavy, you are going to look like someone who can lift hard and heavy.

3 Likes

I think people overlook the concept because of the narrow view of what progress means or is. People assume when some one brings the concept of progress or performance up that they are only talking about 1 RM

1 Like

Yeah man for sure! I’ve learned to not really care about those low rep RMs. My RMs in the 5-10 rep range seem the best indicator of my progress overall.